ACC ANNOUNCES EARLY SEASON GAME TIMES AND TV SCHEDULE | Syracusefan.com

ACC ANNOUNCES EARLY SEASON GAME TIMES AND TV SCHEDULE

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
A sixth-straight nationally televised, prime time appearance for the Dr Pepper ACC Football Championship Game, 20 national TV exposures and 13 national ESPN3 exposures in the first three weeks of the season headline the 2015 Atlantic Coast Conference early season TV football schedule announced Friday by the ACC.

The schedule includes all of the ACC’s games for the first three weeks of the season, with the exception of several road non-conference games which are controlled by the host teams’ conferences. Also included are five Thursday night contests and five Friday contests which will be nationally televised by ESPN.

The conference will have a syndicated package on the ACC Network which will air in more than 100 markets and a package on the Regional Sports Networks (RSN) that will be in an average of 71 million homes.

With ESPN3 carrying both packages outside of its syndicated footprints, once again every ACC-controlled football game this year will be a national exposure.

http://www.theacc.com/news/ACC-football-schedule-early-weeks-05-15-2015

http://raycomsports.com/sports_labs_docs/m-footbl/2015_m-footbl_schedule.pdf

URI at SU 7pm ESPN3
Wake at SU 12:30pm ACCN
CMU at SU 12:30pm RSN

Friday, September 4
Rhode Island at Syracuse, ESPN3, 7 p.m.

Saturday, September 12
Wake Forest at Syracuse, ACC Network, 12:30 p.m.

Saturday, September 19
Central Michigan at Syracuse, RSN, 12:30 p.m.

I wish they could extend that by one week. Hoping LSU gets at least a later afternoon start, if not evening.

I wish they could extend that by one week. Hoping LSU gets at least a later afternoon start, if not evening.

LSU has to be a 3:30 start at the earliest, but hopefully more like 7pm.

The ACC slate is awful Week 4. GT-Duke and VT-ECU are the only competition for the ACC's prime TV slot that week. 3:30 ABC/ESPN at worst

gotta beat wake and thats at 7.

lose and we slide up towards noon, likely stopping at 330.

but we play uri like nova and lose to wake...

Scooch said:
Six posts and no one is screaming at what an outrage these starts times are yet? Way to go, SyracuseFan.com!

After last season I'm surprised we're not on at midnight PST.

Scooch said:
Six posts and no one is screaming at what an outrage these starts times are yet? Way to go, SyracuseFan.com!

Tired of screaming. But between the Friday games and all the noon starts it's gotten to the point that SU isn't even part of the college football day. Also puts a crimp on gating.

rrlbees said:
Tired of screaming. But between the Friday games and all the noon starts it's gotten to the point that SU isn't even part of the college football day. Also puts a crimp on gating.
just gotta win sept sets tone for noon obscurity or getting some decent time slots

friday nights do that for sure, but saturday at noon still screams College Football.

granted, its become the jv timeslot for sure and tailgating suffers a bit, but the NFL pretty much has everyone teeing off at 1 now, so really shouldnt be much of a talking point. its just how it is and how its always been.

with 7 home games and 1 already on a freshman friday, you should be shooting for 2 at 330 or later.

3 would be a bonus, but dont think the record will support it.

Big 10 seems to do well with noon starts. And some of those are 11 am local.

I personally hate them because it makes the day trip impossible, and if I do the weekend trip, I'm just way too hungover.

Was hoping one of the two Sat games would get a later start (7pm for the Central Mich Game would have been great) but coming off a 3-9 season I expected we were likely looking at an early start. Not for nothing but I do like the ACC start time of 12:30 versus Noon. It might only be a half an hour but for tailgating purposes it is a huge help.

gotta beat wake and thats at 7.

lose and we slide up towards noon, likely stopping at 330.

but we play uri like nova and lose to wake...

I was hoping that LSU's name would get a time announced sooner than the 13 day window.

There really aren't any good P5 vs P5 non conference matchups that week.

But Pac-12 and SEC have some interesting conference games. Big 12 has one. I don't think we swim in the same TV lanes as Pac-12 and Big 12, so maybe we get hooked up.

A sixth-straight nationally televised, prime time appearance for the Dr Pepper ACC Football Championship Game, 20 national TV exposures and 13 national ESPN3 exposures in the first three weeks of the season headline the 2015 Atlantic Coast Conference early season TV football schedule announced Friday by the ACC.

The schedule includes all of the ACC’s games for the first three weeks of the season, with the exception of several road non-conference games which are controlled by the host teams’ conferences. Also included are five Thursday night contests and five Friday contests which will be nationally televised by ESPN.

The conference will have a syndicated package on the ACC Network which will air in more than 100 markets and a package on the Regional Sports Networks (RSN) that will be in an average of 71 million homes.

With ESPN3 carrying both packages outside of its syndicated footprints, once again every ACC-controlled football game this year will be a national exposure.

http://www.theacc.com/news/ACC-football-schedule-early-weeks-05-15-2015

http://raycomsports.com/sports_labs_docs/m-footbl/2015_m-footbl_schedule.pdf

The ACC Network?

I thought that was lurking in the shadows like ninjas stalking their target. They speak in whispers and use stealth as a weapon.

URI at SU 7pm ESPN3
Wake at SU 12:30pm ACCN
CMU at SU 12:30pm RSN

both 1230 times were expected.id expect 1 or 2 other home games will avoid the noon window.clemson and pit or bc

rrlbees said:

I'm with you. But our record and a soft early schedule SCREAMS 12:30 starts. We need to start winning to change that.

TV dictates.

Eh, the Friday games seem to be well attended. More so than playing on Saturday of Labor Day weekend against FCS teams.

Saturday at noon is the traditional college football start time. Not sure why that's a problem. If we didn't suck more of those would be 3:30 or 7. But alas...

Eh, the Friday games seem to be well attended. More so than playing on Saturday of Labor Day weekend against FCS teams.

Saturday at noon is the traditional college football start time. Not sure why that's a problem. If we didn't suck more of those would be 3:30 or 7. But alas...
The truly traditional start time for SU was 1:00, but that was before the advent of the cathode ray tube.