ACC-B1G challenge games, we got Wisky | Syracusefan.com

ACC-B1G challenge games, we got Wisky

Solid match-ups across the board. Would have loved to see Maryland travel to Duke though.

55538dcfe4b0daf0cea5372d

Wow. Great matchup. They are giving us more respect than most people are for next year with that match.

My initial predictions:

Disclaimer: This was done with very little research. Basically, remembering off the top of my head what each team has coming back and coming in next year. Also, I will be happy to bump this post on Dec 3 so everyone can laugh how stupid I am.

Nov. 30

Clemson at Minnesota - Minnesota

Wake Forest at Rutgers - Wake Forest

Dec. 1

Maryland at North Carolina - North Carolina but will be a heck of a game

Virginia at Ohio State - Virginia

Michigan at NC State - Michigan

Purdue at Pittsburgh - Purdue

Northwestern at Virginia Tech - Virginia Tech

Miami (Fla.) at Nebraska - Miami

Dec. 2

Indiana at Duke - Duke (Indiana will be strong but I just can't pick Crean against Coach K)

Louisville at Michigan State - Louisville

Notre Dame at Illinois - Notre Dame

Wisconsin at Syracuse - Syracuse - I edited this post to change my initial prediction.

Florida State at Iowa - Iowa

Penn State at Boston College - Penn State

Final tally - ACC 9 Big 10 5

Last edited:
My initial predictions:

Disclaimer: This was done with very little research. Basically, remembering off the top of my head what each team has coming back and coming in next year. Also, I will be happy to bump this post on Dec 3 so everyone can laugh how stupid I am.

Nov. 30

Dec. 1

Dec. 2

Indiana at Duke - Duke (Indiana will be strong but I just can't pick Crean against Coach K)

Wisconsin at Syracuse - Wisconsin - I hate to do it but just a few too many unknowns for us right now against a tough matchup. That said, JB is known for having the guys ready to play early in the year in big games so wouldn't be shocked, and obviously I would be thrilled, if we won.

Final tally - ACC 8 Big 10 6
Penn State plays basketball? Who knew?

Penn State plays basketball? Who knew?

I basically went by knowing that Boston College lost Hanlan and I didn't care enough about either program to do any more research than that.

My initial predictions:

Nov. 30

Dec. 1

Dec. 2

Wisconsin at Syracuse - Wisconsin - I hate to do it but just a few too many unknowns for us right now against a tough matchup. That said, JB is known for having the guys ready to play early in the year in big games so wouldn't be shocked, and obviously I would be thrilled, if we won.

Final tally - ACC 8 Big 10 6

Wisconsin lost Kominsky, Decker, Gasser, Jackson, Dukan.
Lineup looks to be: Koenig, Showalter, Hayes, Happ, Brown
Bench will be made up of: Hill, Pritzl, Iverson, Illikaimen

Syracuse lost: Christmas, Johnson, Patterson
Lineup looks to be: Joseph, Cooney, Gbinije, Roberson, Coleman
Bench will be made up of: Richardson, Howard, Lydon, Diange, Obokoh

Wisconsin lost a ton, SU returns much more experience and is at home. I think we will have a good chance in this one. Our season hinges a lot on how big Joseph's improvements are and Coleman being able to stay healthy.

Bo Ryan will never have a bad team at Wisconsin, but next year's will probably be his worst yet. Nigel Hayes is a stud, and Koenig is a nice guard but beyond that they just lost way too much with very little to replace it.

Since they lost Kaminsky and Dekker it should be an even match up.

I edited my prediction to change it to us beating Wisconsin. jordoo breakdown pushed me over the edge. I actually had Syracuse as my initial prediction but talked myself out of it right before I hit post. Hopefully Coleman and Joseph are bringing what we need from them at that point in the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom