ACC Conference Matchups are announced for this season and next | Syracusefan.com

ACC Conference Matchups are announced for this season and next

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
ACC Men's Basketball‏@accmbb 5m
Missing hoops? #ACC matchups for 2014-15 & 2015-16 seasons will be announced TUESDAY at 11am http://theacc.co/MBBmatchups042214… pic.twitter.com/Pjddf4mIBu

BlwbdwpCMAEgWBM.jpg

Wow, the next two seasons? Pretty cool. The Big East could never do that.

Interesting. Does the ACC change their scheduling model to set up more matchups of the blue bloods? Or in other words, did ESPN offer the ACC a lot more money to change its scheduling model?

My guess is no.

I think you're right. No money. No changes.

Interesting. Does the ACC change their scheduling model to set up more matchups of the blue bloods? Or in other words, did ESPN offer the ACC a lot more money to change its scheduling model?

My guess is no.
Another way to put it--will the ACC follow the lead of the Old Big East, and coordinate with ESPN to guess what the marquee matchups for the upcoming season might be?

Based upon their release of 2 years' schedules, I would guess "No".

My guess for next year are we play NC State and Virginia home/home. Duke at home, Louisville at home, Miami on the road, and the inverse of all our regular season matchups from this year.

Syracuse 2014-15
Home/Road: Boston College, Pittsburgh, Duke, Virginia Tech
Home: Florida State, Miami, Wake Forest, Virginia, Louisville
Road: Georgia Tech, Clemson, North Carolina, NC State, Notre Dame

Syracuse 2015-16
Home/Road: Boston College, Pittsburgh, Florida State, North Carolina
Home: Georgia Tech, Clemson, NC State, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame
Road: Miami, Duke, Wake Forest, Virginia, Louisville

http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail/ACCMBB-future-matchups_04-21-14_9wyqjq

Syracuse 2014-15

Syracuse 2015-16

Boy, that road schedule in 2015 is BRUTAL. Pitt,FSU,UNC,Duke, VA, and L'ville. Going .500 would be extremely hard. We'll have to put our hard hats on.

Anybody know if it is difficult to get tickets to a game at the Dean Dome?

I can't believe the ACC gave us Duke home/home 2 years in a row that is going to tick off a lot of other schools.

Anybody know if it is difficult to get tickets to a game at the Dean Dome?
It is a large arena getting seats won't be hard typically but with this being Syracuse first visit it will be harder. I would expect seats in the upper level will be available reasonably but the good seats will be really pricey.

i figured we would get a VA school and NC school home/home next year, but had the wrong VA school and wrong NC school. I like getting Duke at home again, but that is crazy home/home 2 years in a row.

I can't believe the ACC gave us Duke home/home 2 years in a row that is going to tick off a lot of other schools.

2 most viewed games of the previous year would do that.

Clemson is the school getting the worst break IMO. They get none of the top 4 brands UNC, Duke, SU, Louisville home/home in the next 2 years.
Wake and Virginia got it tough as well, but Wake was guaranteed Duke as one of its 2 protected rivals and Virginia as well with Louisville, but neither have any of the 3 home/home in the next 2 years.

Syracuse 2014-15

Syracuse 2015-16

Looks to me like the ACC bent a little bit to pressure from ESPN. We played Miami and Duke twice in the regular season this past season, so all things being equal, we shouldn't play Duke twice again in a regular season until we have gone through all 13 other schools in the conference, a 6 or 7 year cycle.

Instead of waiting 6 or 7 years, we play them home and home again immediately.

That has to be driven by the TV ratings for the Duke-Syracuse games last year. It was probably also driven by a feeling these games won't be as special once Coach K and JB retire...they want to get them in while both Hall of Famers are still actively coaching.

2 most viewed games of the previous year would do that.
I understand that and advocated switching Pitt and Wake for Syracuse and Duke, but the ACC did something I didn't expect they would do.

ACC is truly missing the boat on Cuse vs Louisville. If they want to stick us with a New England team let Uconn in and boot Boston College.

I agree with you on Louisvile, over the last few years of the Big East the SU/L'Ville games were premier games

ACC is truly missing the boat on Cuse vs Louisville. If they want to stick us with a New England team let Uconn in and boot Boston College.
Louisville can't be a home/home without one of Pitt and Virginia cooperating. UVA likes Louisville so it won't be them. If the Orange offered BC for Louisville knowing Jamie Dixon he would probably take that swap for Ws, but SU wouldn't want its 2 annual home/home teams being Louisville and Pitt that is 4 tough games each year. BC is a good annual home/home team because we don't want too many hard games.

I would so much rather dumping Pitt as a rival and picking up UL. I can't beleive the conference isn't doing that. It would make two historically elite level rivalries in the conference with Duke/UNC and SU/UL.

Duke, Ville and UVA at home next year... solid. We might be underdogs in all of them.

Looks to me like the ACC bent a little bit to pressure from ESPN. We played Miami and Duke twice in the regular season this past season, so all things being equal, we shouldn't play Duke twice again in a regular season until we have gone through all 13 other schools in the conference, a 6 or 7 year cycle.

Instead of waiting 6 or 7 years, we play them home and home again immediately.

That has to be driven by the TV ratings for the Duke-Syracuse games last year. It was probably also driven by a feeling these games won't be as special once Coach K and JB retire...they want to get them in while both Hall of Famers are still actively coaching.
Next season is so NOT the year to play Duke twice. Nobody other than UK will be able to contest them. Okafor is like the 2nd coming of Olajuwon and we just don't have the horses next year. IMO ESPN will be very disappointed in non competitive games. (Just being realistic so save the nonsense about not being a fan). They should have matched Duke against Louisville twice. Of course Pitino gets them twice the next year after Okafor is gone.