ACC conference schedules will be released at 3pm today on ACC Digital Network | Syracusefan.com

ACC conference schedules will be released at 3pm today on ACC Digital Network

Alsacs

Living Legend
Have all of non-conference games been announced now that Cornell is on annual New Year's Eve slot?

I'll save us an entire thread here...

"This schedule is going to be tough. Look at the Saturday-to-Monday turnaround on (insert date here)"

"The ACC really didn't do us any favors after giving us a beneficial schedule our first year in the league."

"Playing X, Y, Z, back-to-back-to-back is an intimidating gauntlet."

"I don't know guys, I think this schedule isn't that bad."

We already know we have 2 Saturday to Mondays, with Big Monday games at North Carolina, and Virginia at the Dome. If the ACC were smart they would make a rule no teams would play on the road before being on the road for a Big Monday game. That way no teams get games on a Saturday on the road and then on the road on Monday like we did with Duke and Maryland last year.

Here's the schedule:

2014-15 SCHEDULE
Date Opponent
Nov. 2 vs. Carleton (exhibition)
Nov. 10 vs. Adrian (exhibition)
TBA 2 home games in November as part of 2K Sports Classic
Nov. 20 vs. Cal in 2K Classic at Madison Square Garden, 9 p.m.
Nov. 21 vs. Iowa or Texas in 2K Classic at Madison Square Garden, 5 or 7 p.m.
Nov. 25 vs. Loyola (Md.)
Nov. 28 vs. Holy Cross
Dec. 2 at Michigan, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Dec. 6 vs. St. John's
Dec. 14 vs. Louisiana Tech
Dec. 20 at Villanova
Dec. 22 vs. Colgate
Dec. 28 vs. Long Beach St.
Dec. 31 vs. Cornell
Jan. 3 at Virginia Tech, 12 p.m. (RSN)
Jan. 7 at Georgia Tech, 7 p.m. (ESPNU)
Jan. 11 vs. Florida State, 8 p.m. (ESPNU)
Jan. 13 vs. Wake Forest, 8 p.m. (ACCN)
Jan. 17 at Clemson, 4 p.m. (ACCN)
Jan. 20 Boston College, 7 p.m. (ESPNU)
Jan. 24 Miami, 4 p.m. (ESPN or ESPN2)
Jan. 26 at North Carolina, 7 p.m. (ESPN or ESPN2)
Feb. 3 vs. Virginia Tech, 9 p.m. (ESPNU)
Feb. 7 at Pittsburgh, 4 p.m. (ESPN or ESPN2)
Feb. 11 at Boston College, 7 p.m. (ESPN2)
Feb. 14 Duke, 6 p.m. (ESPN or ESPN2)
Feb. 18 vs. Louisville, 7 p.m. (ESPN or ESPN2)
Feb. 21 vs. Pittsburgh, 12 p.m. (ACCN)
Feb. 24 at Notre Dame, 8 p.m. (ACCN)
Feb. 28 at Duke (ESPN)
March 2 vs. Virginia, 7 p.m. (ESPN or ESPN2)
March 7 at N.C. State, 12 p.m. (CBS)

Have all of non-conference games been announced now that Cornell is on annual New Year's Eve slot?

just waiting on 2 k sports games at carrier dome before msg in early november

We better wipe up in the early part of the ACC. We have quite a six game run later on: Duke, Louisville, Pitt, ND, Duke, UVa in a row.

Not as attractive a home schedule as last year - no surprise there. Sucks that the 2nd biggest game of the year at home is on a Wednesday - Louisville - although that will make it easier to land a ticket. And I hate Noon games and the Pitt game right after the Louisville tilt is at Noon. Still as usual, lots of great games to look forward to this year. Let's Go Orange!

In addition to Louisville on a Wednesday, there is also three Tuesday night home games, 7pm (BC), 8 pm (Wake) and 9 pm (Virginia Tech). The VT game could be the lowest attended conference came ever (non weather related).

We better wipe up in the early part of the ACC. We have quite a six game run later on: Duke, Louisville, Pitt, ND, Duke, UVa in a row.

Starting on jan 26th our schedule is absolutely brutal.

Ugh, I thought we were done with noon starts when we left big east. Saturday noon games are the worst.

Have they announced the time for the nova game? I'll be going to that and I really hope it's not noon. Or freakin 11am like the game at nova 2 years ago that we choked away in ot.

A brutal late schedule means your program gets high TV ratings. Games draw bigger audiences after the Super Bowl.

A tough late schedule means we probably go on a bad streak and critics accuse SU of fading in the second half of the season again.

Count on it.

By the time that really tough stretch comes, hopefully the young guys are feeling more comfortable with the speed of the college game, and not hitting the wall.

That's a really good point. Hopefully the young guys have developed enough to handle that stretch better than they might earlier in the year.

What channel is rsn? Also some late home games during the week. Not good for the kids

By the time that really tough stretch comes, hopefully the young guys are feeling more comfortable with the speed of the college game, and not hitting the wall.
Agreed, this is a great point. I think this team is more talented than last year's with pieces that fit better together. Still not optimal unless BJJ supplants someone or McCullough becomes Wes Johnson-esque with the 3 ball but a lot of potential that may take time to gel. Hopefully we gel as we hit the back end of that schedule, going into the tournament.

You are out of your mind

Ah, the good old ad hominem fallacy.

I never said the team would not get to 20 wins. I just said that it is going to be tough considering the challenging (by SU standards) OOC schedule and jam packed (Duke, UNC, LOU, Pitt, VA, @ND) ACC schedule.

I really want to catch the Duke, L'ville, Pitt games. That could be an amazing week... or completely demoralizing.

The Duke game is on my b-day and the L'ville game is my dad's b-day, so these shouldn't be problems. But the Pitt game at noon could be an issue. I'm really hoping the boss will let us out somewhat early that Saturday; the game is in the heart of tax season overtime :bang:

Ah, the good old ad hominem fallacy.

I never said the team would not get to 20 wins. I just said that it is going to be tough considering the challenging (by SU standards) OOC schedule and jam packed (Duke, UNC, LOU, Pitt, VA, @ND) ACC schedule.
no its the negative vibes of cuse fans, that is all