ACC conference schedules will be released at 3pm today on ACC Digital Network | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC conference schedules will be released at 3pm today on ACC Digital Network

no its the negative vibes of cuse fans, that is all

This schedule sets up perfectly for our young team. It is tough, but manageable early. Hopefully the young guys gain confidence as the year goes on. The early part of the ACC schedule is very manageable. We should get off to a great start, and while the middle to end gets tougher, we get louisville, pitt, and virginia at home during our toughest stretch. It is to our advantage that we have our toughest games at home with a young team.

Nobody is giving any of our returning players any respect. All the hyped freshmen are getting respect, when we have guys like Johnson and Roberson who appear to be elite talents, but didn't play last year. They are essentially new players to us. I would think they will outperform most of the incoming freshmen class. Also, I just think the upside with this team is crazy high. The offensive talent is especially higher than at least the last two years I would think.

no its the negative vibes of cuse fans, that is all

Just want to point out that this is still an ad hominem response. You're not giving any reasoning as to why you think our almost completely unproven team will easily get to 20 wins.

Are you a politician?

Just want to point out that this is still an ad hominem response. You're not giving any reasoning as to why you think our almost completely unproven team will easily get to 20 wins.

Getting to 20 wins is not what it used to be. We play 7-10 patsies before the ACC even starts. That means we only need 10-13 other wins all year. Man, if that doesn't happen, I would be positively stunned.

Are you a politician?

Our talent is underated. Everyone else lost a ton as well.

Again 3 of the last 4 to end the season are on the road. Last 4 games of the year are brutal...all are potential loses.
@ND
@Duke
Virginia
@NC State

Including the road Saturday at Duke followed immediately by Virginia on Monday night with no time to prepare.

What channel is rsn? Also some late home games during the week. Not good for the kids
RSN is "Regional Sports Network" like Comcast Sportsnet, YES, NESN, Fox Sports South, etc.

It's amazing, we always start off with an easy conference schedule, then the last month is brutal. It's been like this the last few years, big east and ACC. That can't be a coincidence.

Lawrinson14 said:
Just want to point out that this is still an ad hominem response. You're not giving any reasoning as to why you think our almost completely unproven team will easily get to 20 wins. Are you a politician?

Hasn't boeheim won 20 games like a gazillion times? There's a lot more games than there used to be, it would take a complete meltdown of a season not to win 20. Even our nit teams in 07 and 08 won 20+. It's an unproven team but not a bunch of scrubs, these are all highly recruited and rated kids.

What channel is rsn? Also some late home games during the week. Not good for the kids

in new York its yes network or MSG depending on the game/date

Getting to 20 wins is not what it used to be. We play 7-10 patsies before the ACC even starts. That means we only need 10-13 other wins all year. Man, if that doesn't happen, I would be positively stunned.

Would you include Carleton, Cal, Iowa or Texas, at Michigan, St. John's, at Villanova patsies? I count 7 possible cream puffs. Those six games I just referenced are going to be tough games. This years team could easily have 3 or 4 losses before January 3rd! Who would have thought St. Francis Brooklyn last year would have been such a tough game! I think every game is going to be a tough game. You never know when some 2 or 3 star player is going to have the game of his life.

That said, don't misinterpret what I am saying as negative. For this season with this team the record is not as important has how many people they can get consistently contributing on offense. And can the defense shut it down and make fast break points off of turnovers. I am more interested in the team's overall development heading into the NCAA tournament. My only concern and fear is if our record puts us in the bubble team category. That would suck. I would like to see a solid record and a 4th or 5th seed in the NCAA tournament but the team playing its best offense and defense at the end of the season. That would be my ideal for this season. Somewhere right in the middle. Not too great, not too bad, but playing their best basketball at the end of the season instead of the beginning.

In addition to Louisville on a Wednesday, there is also three Tuesday night home games, 7pm (BC), 8 pm (Wake) and 9 pm (Virginia Tech). The VT game could be the lowest attended conference came ever (non weather related).

VT has a new coach from Marquette, Buzz Williams.

"Williams is leaving Marquette to become the coach at Virginia Tech, the schools announced Friday. Sources said Williams' seven-year deal with Virginia Tech is worth almost $18 million."

I like Buzz Williams. He's a class act. Unlike that jerk from Kentucky (take your pick).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom