ACC Forum | Syracusefan.com

ACC Forum

AirForceOrange

Hall of Fame
How about a forum dedicated to threads for setting up tailgating trips, restaurant/bar/hotel recommendations and just people trying to meet up around the different ACC schools?

People that live near the different schools could post recommendations for restuaurants, bars, hotels, etc. for those who have never/rarely been to that area.

Could use this to set up the various tailgating events.

Finally, people could post trying to find other SU fans in their area.

Easily doable. Not sure about when the time would be right to do so.

Mark and I have already started working on tailgate(s)/tickets for Ga Tech and FSU...just waiting on the ACC schedule to be released to know when...

I like this idea, can even make it a general ACC board that welcomes posters from other ACC teams, possibly make it easier for them to post there - i.e. rather than having to require approval for the account to post, allow any account to post on the ACC-board only, but require approval for the other boards.

Just a thought, might be too difficult logistically, but I like us to be as welcoming and hospitable a fan-base as possible ... especially when moving into a strange new realm of fans.

Thread Bump Yoda.jpg

A forum about the conference as a whole is an excellent idea. There is much more value than just swapping info about various campuses and cities. Serious discussion about what the conference and its members are doing and should do in expansion and scheduling and hiring, etc. should be interesting to a large number of people. And the Syracuse board hosting it should help fully integrate Syracuse and its fans rather quickly.

What the moderators would need to prevent is what happened with a similar attempt on the Scout GT board, in which a group of 4 or 5 GT fans, with 1 definite leader and his definite sidekick, made it reflect standard GT biases. The thread remains, but now very few fans of other schools show up. Because the predictable GT biases about the ACC start with seeing UNC as the evil oppressor (in that, GT fans on average are just behind fans of Wake, Maryland, and NCSU), they drove off even irenic UNC fans who see me as too quick to blast ABC (Anybody But Carolina) idiots. Now save for 1 UNC fan and some Wuffies who drop by occasionally to post about how UNC is aligned with Satan to harm NCSU, the thread is all GT all the time.

Such cannot be a forum on and about the ACC, regardless of its title.

Woad I find the Wake Forest Board the oddest board around. A bunch of elitist weirdos.

It is weird. That was true when Grobe was winning, when Prosser was winning. I think much of it is that Wake has a terrible double case of inferiority complex, to UNC and Dook.

The Miami win over Florida is the kind of thing that could lead to a lot discussion in terms of what it means to the conference, with fans of various schools chiming in once they learn such a forum exists.

The Miami win over Florida is the kind of thing that could lead to a lot discussion in terms of what it means to the conference, with fans of various schools chiming in once they learn such a forum exists.
This forum has some of the best/most robust software running it...so much you can do here. I hate posting at Rivals and Scout is not as good as this forum for bells and whistles.

This forum has some of the best/most robust software running it...so much you can do here. I hate posting at Rivals and Scout is not as good as this forum for bells and whistles.

I agree that this site is very well done.

So are we getting an ACC Forum or is this just a dream??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom