ACC Fund Raising by School | Syracusefan.com

ACC Fund Raising by School

SU only has 5,157 athletic donors???????
That only equates to about 12,000-15,000 season tickets. Seems a bit low.

I was surprised/ that SU was 4th in # of living alumni (grad & undergrad) if that is accurate. Maybe the big school grads die earlier?
Many of the private schools in the ACC are equal to or smaller than SU.

Last edited:
Supports what I've said all along. It's not the locals, it's the alumni base we have the biggest problem with.

Supports what I've said all along. It's not the locals, it's the alumni base we have the biggest problem with.
Because most alumni don't stay in Syracuse. That's why we "travel" so well to other schools. All those people live in those cities.

I was surprised/ that SU was 4th in # of living alumni (grad & undergrad) if that is accurate. Maybe the big school grads die earlier?
Thought the same. That surprised me way more than our lack of donors.

I've never been asked. Gotta make a simple form to send to fans, Paypal, Venmo, etc... two click donations.
Agreed Nashville - I get absolutely nothing from SU. Even the small law school I went to (Santa Clara) sends me alumni stuff. I'm not sure I even get the Syracuse magazine anymore. Kinda weird.

Agreed Nashville - I get absolutely nothing from SU. Even the small law school I went to (Santa Clara) sends me alumni stuff. I'm not sure I even get the Syracuse magazine anymore. Kinda weird.

Syracuse calls me at least a few times a year. And I get little things in the mail quite often (got a calendar earlier this week actually).

They must not have up to date contact information on you. I bet that would all change if you made a $20 donation today:
Syracuse University Athletics - Orange Club: Ways to Give

Syracuse calls me at least a few times a year. And I get little things in the mail quite often (got a calendar earlier this week actually).

They must not have up to date contact information on you. I bet that would all change if you made a $20 donation today:
Syracuse University Athletics - Orange Club: Ways to Give

Good point, I've donated the last several years. I don't get phone calls but like you, I get regular mail

I got a call last week. But this is crazy if it's true. On the bright side, we have a LOT of room to grow. If we were even average, many of our problems would be solved.

It seems that most alums feel better about and donate to the academic side far more than the athletic side of the University. In the South, that is exactly the opposite, they are more apt to donate to the Football program than the college they attended. Different culture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom