ACC goes 3-1 vs. SEC during rivalry week | Syracusefan.com

ACC goes 3-1 vs. SEC during rivalry week

Alsacs

Living Legend
7-1 the last 2 years.
Florida State embarrassed the SEC East champs Florida 27-2
Clemson played down to their competition but were in control and won at South Carolina
Louisville was down 21-1 and 24-7 at halftime and won at Kentucky.

Georgia Tech lost at home by 6 to Georgia.

National media is not talking about how the SEC is down this year. The SEC East isn't that good and the West outside of Bama is full of 3 loss teams.

Bama might be the best team in the nation but the SEC is down this year.

The ACC will have 3 of the top 11 teams.

NYS 6 bowls
Orange Clemson vs. Oklahoma/Iowa/Michigan State
Cotton Alabama vs. Oklahoma/Iowa/Michigan State
Rose Iowa/Michigan State vs. Stanford/USC
Sugar Oklahoma State/Baylor/TCU vs. Florida
Fiesta- Houston/Temple vs. Notre Dame/Ohio State
Peach Florida State/North Carolina vs. Temple/Notre Dame/Ohio State

And if Bama loses to Florida in the SEC Championship game...

Clemson
Mich St./Iowa
Oklahoma
OSU/Stanford/UNC/Bama/UF ???? This last pick will be tough and interesting, though I think most pundits are predicting a 2-loss SEC team.

If Bama loses it would go Stanford if they won. If USC and Florida win I have no clue.

Alabama can't lose to Florida and make the playoff. Florida State just went into Gainesville and embarrassed Florida.

There would be mass chaos if North Carolina, USC, and Florida win next week.

Oklahoma and the Big Ten Champ are in. Conference title are huge criteria for the committee. Florida State will likely play Notre Dame or Ohio State in the Peach Bowl unless Temple beats Houston.

If Bama loses it would go Stanford if they won. If USC and Florida win I have no clue.

Alabama can't lose to Florida and make the playoff. Florida State just went into Gainesville and embarrassed Florida.

There would be mass chaos if North Carolina, USC, and Florida win next week.

Oklahoma and the Big Ten Champ are in. Conference title are huge criteria for the committee. Florida State will likely play Notre Dame or Ohio State in the Peach Bowl unless Temple beats Houston.

Clemson still gets in with a loss, I would think, but would probably be #3. It's quite possible ACC has two representatives, and that would quickly increase the call for an 8 team playoff. And SEC land would go nuts.

Clemson still gets in with a loss, I would think, but would probably be #3. It's quite possible ACC has two representatives, and that would quickly increase the call for an 8 team playoff. And SEC land would go nuts.
Big Ten is only conference that could get 2 teams in.
They will have 4,5,6 in the polls right now. Iowa. Michigan State, Ohio State.
I don't think the Clmeson get in with a loss.

Big Ten is only conference that could get 2 teams in.
They will have 4,5,6 in the polls right now. Iowa. Michigan State, Ohio State.
I don't think the Clmeson get in with a loss.

I could see that, as well, but it won't be OSU. I can't imagine they committee would take them with a recent loss AND not even being in the Championship game.

Alsacs said:
Big Ten is only conference that could get 2 teams in. They will have 4,5,6 in the polls right now. Iowa. Michigan State, Ohio State. I don't think the Clmeson get in with a loss.

Agreed, UNC isn't well regarded enough to get in with a win, or to keep Clemson in if they lose. UNC's schedule is really unimpressive: loss to SC, win over lousy Illinois, and wins in the Coastal. Just not enough to get into a final 4 these days. Undefeated and beat Clemson, in for sure, but that loss to SC is crippling.

ACC overall is in a strange place. Tons of talent, which equates to lots of NFL picks. A couple of premiere teams in Clemson and FSU. Solid record in the SEC rivalry games. But a lot of bad OOC losses aside from that. Still unclear if it's a good conference that beats up on each other, or a mediocre conference with a couple of great teams.

Agreed, UNC isn't well regarded enough to get in with a win, or to keep Clemson in if they lose. UNC's schedule is really unimpressive: loss to SC, win over lousy Illinois, and wins in the Coastal. Just not enough to get into a final 4 these days. Undefeated and beat Clemson, in for sure, but that loss to SC is crippling.

ACC overall is in a strange place. Tons of talent, which equates to lots of NFL picks. A couple of premiere teams in Clemson and FSU. Solid record in the SEC rivalry games. But a lot of bad OOC losses aside from that. Still unclear if it's a good conference that beats up on each other, or a mediocre conference with a couple of great teams.
Outside Jimbo and Dabo, poor coaching and schemes doom ACC talent (Cutcliffe can coach, too)

I think next year the ACC could be a really strong conference. Have a feeling those top 25 classes will finally pay dividends for Miami. UNC and Clemson could be preseason top 10. FSU could be 1 or 2 in the preseason. Louisville, Virginia Tech and Pitt could all be top 25 teams. Even Virginia with their talent and a good staff could make a huge jump. A lot of "could," but things are setting up for the ACC tobe scary good next year.

Outside Jimbo and Dabo, poor coaching and schemes doom ACC talent (Cutcliffe can coach, too)

I think ACC teams have finally realized this. Fedora is a pretty good coach. Georgia Tech had a rough year, but they're coming off a top 10 finish and Orange Bowl. Narduzzi is a good addition to the conference. Petrino certainly can coach. The death of Beamerball and the hiring of Fuente puts Virginia Tech right back where they've been for 15 years. We will see what Miami does, but Golden brought in some talent. If they have a coach that isn't a northeast meathead, they can do some damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom