ACC Media Day Oct 26 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Media Day Oct 26

Mike Waters ‏@MikeWatersSYR
Jim Boeheim: "I'm happy to be here and answering your questions.'' Then. "Actually, not happy to be here and not answering your questions.

Boeheim said that totally in jest. Got a laugh from the media here at #ACCMediaDay

When asked what motivates him to get out of bed every day, Jim Boeheim says: "Well just being able to is great.'' #ACCMediaDay

OK, Jim Boeheim's session in the main/TV room is over. He'll be in the writers' room from 4 to 5. #ACCMediaDay

Donna Ditota ‏@DonnaDitota1
Boeheim: The deepest the league has been since I've been here. #ACCMediaDay

Boeheim: takes time to fit new pieces together but if you don't have those pieces you're not going very far.

Boeheim on Lydon: he's bigger, he's stronger, he's a much more physical player, improved shooting because he works so hard at it.

Boeheim on press: when pressing, you can give up a lot of layups. We have a guy back there (Paschal) who won't give up a lot of layups.

Boeheim on White: He's 23 years old. The players call him Uncle Drew.

Boeheim on John Gillon: He'll remind a lot of people of Jonny Flynn.

Last edited:
Donna Ditota ‏@DonnaDitota1
Jim Boeheim says Syracuse might play some man-to-man this year. Seriously.

Jim Boeheim said Tyus Battle is playing really well. "He's going to be in the NBA one day."

Jim Boeheim says he's learned a lot with USA Basketball. Referred to those summers as getting a "Ph.D" in basketball.

Boeheim on Andrew White: He's a really good player who can really shoot. There aren't a lot of those guys.

Syracuse Basketball ‏@syrbasketball
Jim Boeheim on grad transfers. "I don't like the rule, but it's the rule.'' #ACCMediaDay

Jim Boeheim on coaching Olympic team: "You learn a lot of stuff. It's been a really good experience for me.'' #ACCMediaDay

Jim Boeheim on depth: Most depth since 2012 team when Dion Waiters, CJ Fair and James Southerland came off the bench.

Jim Boeheim on his best teams that didn't make Final 4. 2012, 2010 and 1989.

Jim Boeheim on NBA players and Olympics. Says Kobe helped a young LeBron. Showed him what it took to be great. #ACCMediaDay

Jim Boeheim says he wouldn't have even looked at Andrew White if Malachi Richardson had stayed. #ACCMediaDay

Jim Boeheim on start of ABA. All best players left Eastern League. He went from 5th-best to best player on Scranton Miners. Boeheim said he went from making $100/game to $200/game.

Jim Boeheim said referees in his first Eastern League game ever were Dick Bavetta and Ed Rush. #ACCMediaDay

Last edited:

2016-17 Preseason All-ACC Team
(votes in parenthesis)
First Team
Grayson Allen, Duke (87)
Jaron Blossomgame, Clemson (70)
Joel Berry II, North Carolina (45)
London Perrantes, Virginia (36)
Dennis Smith, Jr., NC State (34)

Second Team
Justin Jackson, North Carolina (22)
Jayson Tatum, Duke (21)
Tyler Lydon, Syracuse (20)
Dwayne Bacon, Florida State (16)
Michael Young, Pitt (14)

ACC Preseason Player of the Year
Grayson Allen, Duke (70)
Jaron Blossomgame, Clemson (7)
London Perrantes, Virginia (5)
Joel Berry II, North Carolina (5)
Dennis Smith, Jr., NC State (2)
Andrew White, Syracuse (1)
Davon Reed, Miami (1)

ACC Preseason Rookie of the Year
Dennis Smith, Jr., NC State (51)
Jayson Tatum, Duke (20)
Harry Giles, Duke (10)
Tyus Battle, Syracuse (5)
VJ King, Louisville (2)
Jonathan Isaac, Florida State (2)
Josh Okogie, Georgia Tech (1)

Last edited:
Not that predictions mean anything, but I don't get why people are predicting UNC to finish second. They lost Paige and Johnson. Their projected starting SG broke his foot. I'd rather have Roberson/Chukwu/Coleman over Hicks and Meeks.

Not that predictions mean anything, but I don't get why people are predicting UNC to finish second. They lost Paige and Johnson. Their projected starting SG broke his foot. I'd rather have Roberson/Chukwu/Coleman over Hicks and Meeks.

I hear you except for the last sentence. Meeks and Hicks are proven big guys who have pretty well rounded games, IMO. Both are strong bodies who can make short jumpers and have a nice touch around the basket. Roberson can rebound and dunk. Chukwu is an unknown, and Coleman still is getting back to his old self. Maybe at the end of the season our frontcourt will be better but right now? No way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom