ACC Media Day Oct 26 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Media Day Oct 26

CvtdMkWWYAAF6Xt.jpg

Wow this just made my day!! I completely forgot that Pitt hired Kevin Stallings :rolling:

Southern based media=4 southern teams picked to finish ahead even with vegas giving us top 5 odds to win it all . Pretty funny actually. Unc just lost Pinson they will struggle to stay in the top 6.

I hear you except for the last sentence. Meeks and Hicks are proven big guys who have pretty well rounded games, IMO. Both are strong bodies who can make short jumpers and have a nice touch around the basket. Roberson can rebound and dunk. Chukwu is an unknown, and Coleman still is getting back to his old self. Maybe at the end of the season our frontcourt will be better but right now? No way.

They can score. That's it. Roberson outproduced both of them last year. We have better rim protection. I like our roster a lot better this year. We have better shooting and shot blocking.

They can score. That's it. Roberson outproduced both of them last year. We have better rim protection. I like our roster a lot better this year. We have better shooting and shot blocking.

We aren't disagreeing about the roster, or potential, or which team will be better. I love this roster. But, Roberson was forced due to how thin we were to log heavy minutes. UNC rotated way more big bodies in. I don't think any scout, coach, GM, etc. would think Roberson is better than Meeks or Hicks.

We aren't disagreeing about the roster, or potential, or which team will be better. I love this roster. But, Roberson was forced due to how thin we were to log heavy minutes. UNC rotated way more big bodies in. I don't think any scout, coach, GM, etc. would think Roberson is better than Meeks or Hicks.

It depends what you want in your pf and where you look. I don't disagree that offensively he is not as good. One Draft projection has Roberson as a borderline first round pick and others have him behind Meeks/Hicks. Roberson's a better all around rebounder than Hicks and a better offensive rebounder than Meeks.

I DO think UNC is overrated mainly because they have zero shot blocking and have no ability to make three pointers.

To expand the argument I really don't think there's any contest of who is better between Lydon and Justin Jackson(can't shoot, rebound, or block shots), so I didn't even go there. Lydon is by far the better player.

These are just projections so in reality they mean nothing. I just think it shows the media is lazy and the triangle people probably vote the same way every year (Duke/UNC/UVA) because that's the way they've always done it. Heck, they had Marcus Paige as ACC POY last year and he finished the year with the same numbers as Trevor Cooney and Malachi Richardson.

It depends what you want in your pf and where you look. I don't disagree that offensively he is not as good. One Draft projection has Roberson as a borderline first round pick and others have him behind Meeks/Hicks. Roberson's a better all around rebounder than Hicks and a better offensive rebounder than Meeks.

I DO think UNC is overrated mainly because they have zero shot blocking and have no ability to make three pointers.

To expand the argument I really don't think there's any contest of who is better between Lydon and Justin Jackson(can't shoot, rebound, or block shots), so I didn't even go there. Lydon is by far the better player.

These are just projections so in reality they mean nothing. I just think it shows the media is lazy and the triangle people probably vote the same way every year (Duke/UNC/UVA) because that's the way they've always done it. Heck, they had Marcus Paige as ACC POY last year and he finished the year with the same numbers as Trevor Cooney and Malachi Richardson.

No question re: Lydon vs Jackson. No question media is lazy and overrating UNC's roster as a whole, imo. I just personally think Hicks and Meeks (Meeks no question) are better basketball players than Roberson. Better all-around. Roberson is a better rebounder obviously.

No question re: Lydon vs Jackson. No question media is lazy and overrating UNC's roster as a whole, imo. I just personally think Hicks and Meeks (Meeks no question) are better basketball players than Roberson. Better all-around. Roberson is a better rebounder obviously.
I am not a fan of Meeks. When he plays against us, he seems to get away with murder.

I am not a fan of Meeks. When he plays against us, he seems to get away with murder.

Like what? We had nobody to stop him last year. He's a big dude. Christmas played him really well two years ago but he got points on Rak, too.

Like what? We had nobody to stop him last year. He's a big dude. Christmas played him really well two years ago but he got points on Rak, too.
My memory is a bit blurry on the subject, but I think it was against Rak. He was beating the hell out of Rak and getting away with it. Pretty much the whole league was doing that and nothing was being called, but Meeks was the worst.

My memory is a bit blurry on the subject, but I think it was against Rak. He was beating the hell out of Rak and getting away with it. Pretty much the whole league was doing that and nothing was being called, but Meeks was the worst.

Might have been him. Might have been that other big guy Joel James too. I mean you can't blame the strategy I guess to batter the best and really only weapon on that SU team. Meeks is a good player like it or not.

Might have been him. Might have been that other big guy Joel James too. I mean you can't blame the strategy I guess to batter the best and really only weapon on that SU team. Meeks is a good player like it or not.
Meeks stood out in that game as a goon. And no, I guess I don't blame him, I blame the refs for allowing it, but I don't think that he is all that good. If DaJuan had stayed healthy he would have been light years better than Meeks, in my opinion.

Meeks is exactly the caliber of player I hoped Dajuan Coleman would be.
He is baseline of what I had hoped DaJuan would be. It will be interesting to see what DaJuan brings this year. If another year of healing and dedication to his body will give him any lift.

Meeks is exactly the caliber of player I hoped Dajuan Coleman would be.

I had the same player expectations for Coleman, I think he could have a Meeks type year this year.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but I'm not sure Coleman and Roberson were our best choices for ACC Media Day. Neither guy is very good with speaking to the media. I get that they are seniors but Lydon and maybe AW3 would've been better choices. JB probably didn't want to insult DC and TR.

DC was asked by Katz if he thought JB would stick to the plan to retire after next year. He asked it in a lighthearted way, fulling expecting Colemam to say no. Coleman said he thought JB would retire. I know DC doesn't know sheet about that issue, but that's not what recruits are going to want to hear from a current player.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but I'm not sure Coleman and Roberson were our best choices for ACC Media Day. Neither guy is very good with speaking to the media. I get that they are seniors but Lydon and maybe AW3 would've been better choices. JB probably didn't want to insult DC and TR.

DC was asked by Katz if he thought JB would stick to the plan to retire after next year. He asked it in a lighthearted way, fulling expecting Colemam to say no. Coleman said he thought JB would retire. I know DC doesn't know sheet about that issue, but that's not what recruits are going to want to hear from a current player.

Yeah, they both seemed pretty shy and uncomfortable up there as well. Probably the JB loyalty thing. Can you imagine Waiters up there, ha?! I had to revisit this, lol!...

Yeah, they both seemed pretty shy and uncomfortable up there as well. Probably the JB loyalty thing. Can you imagine Waiters up there, ha?! I had to revisit this, lol!...

Dion is like 5 feet tall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom