ACC Network Coming In 2019 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Coming In 2019

I like the sound of the internet components. Will be interesting to see what they are.

SEC and B1G are going to make umpteen million more than the ACC for 3 more years ?

Everybody should hold their fire until the details come out. In particular - how big are the bucks associated with extending another 9 or 10 years? I'm assuming the numbers will be duly impressive.

Everybody should hold their fire until the details come out. In particular - how big are the bucks associated with extending another 9 or 10 years? I'm assuming the numbers will be duly impressive.

I dont think swofford would say the last line nor would espn print if, if it wasnt the case

With the Grant of rights extended to 2036 you can the smoke from the Dude of West Virginia's head.
That dbag needs to go away forever now. The Big XII is the vulnerable conference now that will never get a network without Texas getting rid of them longhorn network.
UConn and WVU have to be bitter now.

Big news:

1. My guess (hope) is that an ACC cable channel might eliminate Raycom as a distributor/syndicator -- can't happen soon enough in my book;
2. A real ACC network, as opposed to what we have now .. a bundle of rights that get peddled sometimes with little consideration for ACC fans, will bring in even more revenue and give us better exposure for recruits ... on par (or close to it) with B1G rivals in our recruiting areas;
3. Production facilities should be on SU's campus at Newhouse ... not at NC State (see quote below); and
4. It looks like the deal might contain provisions benefitting cord-cutters ... i.e., a paid streaming service for non-cable TV customers (this is a good thing even though I distrust streaming).

N.C. State months ago solicited proposals for a $2 million on-campus studio and production center designed for network programming.

Any changes to the ACC’s television deal would come at a time of significant change for both cable television and college athletics. ESPN has been losing subscribers – an estimated 7 million in less than three years – as “cord-cutting” consumers move away from traditional cable and satellite bundles that feed ESPN billions of dollars in per-subscriber fees.

Read more here: ACC closing in on network deal with ESPN – DeCock

SEC and B1G are going to make umpteen million more than the ACC for 3 more years ?

And beyond. Unless basketball becomes a major $$$ driver by 2019, no one is going to get near the B1G and the SEC. We need the ACCN to be more successful than the PACN and stabilize the league even more. With the network, I believe the ACC will be a solid third in conference revenue starting in the next decade.

Cheers,
Neil

Heard an announcement of a digital ACC Network on ESPN radio's First and Last show in NJ this morning. Seems it may have finally just arrived

And beyond. Unless basketball becomes a major $$$ driver by 2019, no one is going to get near the B1G and the SEC. We need the ACCN to be more successful than the PACN and stabilize the league even more. With the network, I believe the ACC will be a solid third in conference revenue starting in the next decade.

Cheers,
Neil
Those leagues and their teams are becoming stronger because they have their own networks .

"Scheduled to meet reporters at 10 a.m., Thursday, Swofford likely also will detail how the
ACC/ESPN venture will cater to "cord-cutters," consumers who have abandoned traditional cable for online television services.

League officials have been plotting this rollout for weeks, and media already in Charlotte for the football media days will make for a captive audience. ACC athletic directors are meeting Wednesday in Charlotte, with a VIP reception set for that evening with bowl and TV partners -- wouldn't want to pay that bar tab.

The ACC’s pursuit of a channel was apparent from its 2014-15 tax return, which showed $624,704 paid to consulting firm Wasserman Media Group. Wasserman’s Dean Jordan has been invaluable helping the ACC in its negotiations with ESPN.

No matter the ACC's revenue projections for the channel, their reliability will be questionable."

Last edited:
No matter the ACC's revenue projections for the channel, their reliability will be questionable."

I don't understand the addition of this comment by Teel. He's basing it on the Pac-12's debacle of a network and the projections they made. What about SEC and BIG10? Their actuals were more in line with their projections. So, experience shows a 66% clip of getting it right. Media always has to have a negative spin, don't they.

My understanding is that the ACC Network will require all ACC schools to build studios/production centers (if they don't already have them)...
Tom, will SU simply use Newhouse, or will they incorporate a new studio into the dome renovation?

Tom, will SU simply use Newhouse, or will they incorporate a new studio into the dome renovation?
I don't know. Good question.

I don't understand the addition of this comment by Teel. He's basing it on the Pac-12's debacle of a network and the projections they made. What about SEC and BIG10? Their actuals were more in line with their projections. So, experience shows a 66% clip of getting it right. Media always has to have a negative spin, don't they.
Odd especially coming from Teel.

The TV contract is through 2035-36? Am I reading that accurately? Does anyone else think that is a bit long?

I love espn3. Imagine the days of old when couldnt get all games.

Me too...not sure why people complain about internet TV these days...I don't even have a computer/ipad/etc. and I cut the cord awhile ago and just have Playstation Vue for $35 per month. I have all the same channels I had before and there is no way to tell the difference between regular cable and Playstation vue. We watch it through either Fire TV, Roku, or our playstation, depending on what tv I am watching. Unlimited DVR, guide way better than Verizon/Time Warner, pause/rewind, picture quality at least as great and everything works with my universal remote.

When I have people over to watch a game they are amazed when I tell them I don't have Verizon anymore and ask me to set up there house the same way.

The TV contract is through 2035-36? Am I reading that accurately? Does anyone else think that is a bit long?

Isn't the current contract slated to end in the mid-20's? I'm guessing the new contract has ways to extend or add significant revenue (like adding ND), just like the current one. Plus, it insures the talk of FSU, UNC, Clemson and VA leaving comes to an end.

"Scheduled to meet reporters at 10 a.m., Thursday, Swofford likely also will detail how the
ACC/ESPN venture will cater to "cord-cutters," consumers who have abandoned traditional cable for online television services.

League officials have been plotting this rollout for weeks, and media already in Charlotte for the football media days will make for a captive audience. ACC athletic directors are meeting Wednesday in Charlotte, with a VIP reception set for that evening with bowl and TV partners -- wouldn't want to pay that bar tab.

The ACC’s pursuit of a channel was apparent from its 2014-15 tax return, which showed $624,704 paid to consulting firm Wasserman Media Group. Wasserman’s Dean Jordan has been invaluable helping the ACC in its negotiations with ESPN.

Yeah, it seems out of place with the general tenor of the announcement, not to mention the article itself.
Perhaps he meant to say UN-questionable??