ACC Network Coming Soon...(from football side) | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Coming Soon...(from football side)

arbitragegls

All Conference
This is going to be one of the most important statements made to date with my source input as well as comments made by national media and other bloggers that are knowledgeable about the ACC:
THE ACC IS VERY CLOSE TO ANNOUNCING THE ACC NETWORK(announced within the next three months or less)

The basis for this disclosure are the following factors:
  • ESPN owns the 3rd tier rights to ACC football and bball--no need to negotiate with a third party
  • ESPN also owns some rights to the non revenue Olympic Sports and the ACC is commonly thought of having the strongest all around non revenue Olympic Sports of all conferences
  • ACC, ESPN and Raycom already moving down the road on the non-revenue sports
  • Raycom and ACC already has the digital network up and running...and the ACC is the leading conference for digital media
  • Raycom is literally next door to the ESPN facilities in North Carolina
  • Notre Dame is going to go in to the Network for all sports sans football and hockey...HOWEVER, negotiations are taking place to add minimally the ACC-Notre Dame football games to the Network ---ACC-Notre Dame games automatically added; Notre Dame-ACC games considered Notre Damehome games may be run as reruns at a cost to ACC
  • ACC -Notre Dame Network may be more local in flavor than other conference networks...that is lead programming determined by locality and region...vary programming to include home markets and home teams...and don't forget that Notre Dame opens a new market in the mid-west
The content of the ACC Network would include football, basketball, LAX, baseball, soccer, track and field, etc. It would have all 15 teams on the network with local flavor...for example 'Cuse football leads in NY State-upstate NY but would then be followed by other games showing...just think of the basket ball schedule...not a better conference to be found and same for baseball, soccer, LAX etc.
ACC and ESPN and Notre Dame and Raycom are already down the road on this coming to fruition--and probably why there appears to be "calmness" among the teams of the ACC. What needs to be finalized aside from the execution of the network is the financial projections and dollars that come from it. Let's not forget that the ACC last year was #3 football conference and #2 basketball conference in "eyeball" watching and ratings...and that was without Notre Dame, 'Cuse, Pitt and Louisville (coming soon). The demise of the ACC is not in sight.
As you all know, I have provided insight with source information more than a foretelling or breaking a story. This is one that I could no longer hold back on based on "others" beginning to learn information...this is all good for 'Cuse and the ACC....I will enjoy your discussion!

I honestly think the ACC network would be better than the SEC network. While Football is the wagon that drives the TV contract it is only a Fall sport, and even with 14 teams the SEC network isn't going to be as valuable because CBS will always take the best game, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU will always take multiple games each week, and all it will leave the SEC network is a bunch of Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vanderbilt games each week. The reason why the BTN is increasing its revenue is basketball. The winter inventory is HUGE and all the games the B1G is able to put on BTN during the basketball season is huge. The ACC will be the same way with its network the ACC network will have a lot of basketball programing for the winter, and lacrosse, and baseball for the spring. The SEC network will have TERRIBLE basketball for the winter, and will have the best college baseball for the spring, but no lacrosse. I think the ACC network will second to BTN because football may drive the TV contract, but its value to a conference network isn't as high because the top games aren't on the network and since the SEC basketball sucks I think the ACC's network will be better.

sec might not have any games on espn u going forward since there network needs some games

When the Big adds Maryland and Rutgers for basketball we get, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Louisville they will want to cancel the Big 10- ACC basketball matchup, because they will get embarrassed. Maryland will quickly go the way of Boston College when they went to the ACC, your locals don't want to play at a school out on an island.

Rutgers and Maryland can lie in their bed together...

I am preparing myself to get pissed at DirecTV and/or Time Warner for not picking up this new channel fast enough.
In my experience, Directv has been pretty good in picking up sports channels. I used to have Cablevision and they were terrible!

In my experience, Directv has been pretty good in picking up sports channels. I used to have Cablevision and they were terrible!

I agree, overall DTV has been pretty good about their programming (it's just all the other BS that drives me crazy with DTV). I think the PAC10 network might be the only BCS network missing from the DTV lineup.

Forgive me, but I'm slow. What does this mean exactly? That our lesser games that used to be on SNY will now be on a new channel that doesn't currently exist?

sec might not have any games on espn u going forward since there network needs some games

Which is why ESPNU might just as well become the ACCN; if the B1G, SEC, PAC12, and Texas all have their own network. what is left? Oklahoma and Kansas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom