ACC, Notre Dame Announce Football Playing Dates Through 2025 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, Notre Dame Announce Football Playing Dates Through 2025

OrangeXtreme said:
We have a contract with MetLife which had to be honored. Because I'm sure it would have cost SU a quite few bucks to buy its' way out.

Bet not as much as you think. Regardless, nothing says those games which, like people have said, were contracted back when we were in the BE, did not have to now be considered part of the ACC/ND deal. Why didn't we get 2 and 2 outside of the Metlife deal?

Or, the ACC and ND could have ignored that contract as it relates to the ACC/ND deal.
OK, so 8 SU-ND games. 2 at the Dome, 2 at MetLife and 4 at South Bend.

The current deal is better.

Bet not as much as you think. Regardless, nothing says those games which, like people have said, were contracted back when we were in the BE, did not have to now be considered part of the ACC/ND deal. Why didn't we get 2 and 2 outside of the Metlife deal?

I knew we would find a way to be unhappy with a legacy decision that was based on money for a program that was solidly in the "eh" category.

SU home fans aren't so damn loyal. Nor $upport the program enough. The MetLife deal was one "risk" worth taking.

KaiserUEO said:
in this scenario...Bergen, Passaic, Ess e x and Hudson counties are already under UEO fiefdom. with sports gambling being legalized, Monmouth shall be annexed. Ocean will also be claimed to insure safe passage to Atlantic and the AC castles. Cape May as well...and just for shlits and giggles we will let Chip be the Kings Hand there.

Love me some Cape May. This worked out better than I could have hoped. I have the Big East to thank.

Moontan said:
OK, so 8 SU-ND games. 2 at the Dome, 2 at MetLife and 4 at South Bend. The current deal is better.

Huh?

MadNY3 said:
I knew we would find a way to be unhappy with a legacy decision that was based on money for a program that was solidly in the "eh" category. SU home fans aren't so damn loyal. Nor $upport the program enough. The MetLife deal was one "risk" worth taking.

Very few support the program as they should. But I can see why many don't. Every decision over the past several years have been made with little to no thoughts of the fan.

And again, a way around this whole thing would have been not to use the ND-SU games in Metlife as counters in the ACC-ND deal. The Metliife deal had nothing to do with the ACC.

Very few support the program as they should. But I can see why many don't. Every decision over the past several years have been made with little to no thoughts of the fan.

And again, a way around this whole thing would have been not to use the ND-SU games in Metlife as counters in the ACC-ND deal. The Metliife deal had nothing to do with the ACC.

What decisions - allotting a lot of seasons for really cheap, constant give aways, upgrading the conference, bringing a top flight SEC program north?

Besides some past their primes in the ticket office and some needlessly overpriced seats offset by underpriced seats, what's the terrible rub?

I knew we would find a way to be unhappy with a legacy decision that was based on money for a program that was solidly in the "eh" category.

SU home fans aren't so damn loyal. Nor $upport the program enough. The MetLife deal was one "risk" worth taking.

Then why didn't we at least get the same ACC deal as Wake Forest, Duke after the MetLife game deal expired? They each have a 2-2 away, home with ND. We have a 2 for 1 away/home as a "reward" for this MetLife deal. Why would or should the MetLife deal affect our ACC schedule with them? If ND tried to justify it by saying that the MetLife deal was to our advantage - then call their bluff and cancel the 2016 contracted game.

ND can spot a sucker thousands of miles away. Win-win for them and we're good in telling ourselves it's a win for us too.

Then why didn't we at least get the same ACC deal as Wake Forest, Duke after the MetLife game deal expired? They each have a 2-2 away, home with ND. We have a 2 for 1 away/home as a "reward" for this MetLife deal. Why would or should the MetLife deal affect our ACC schedule with them? If ND tried to justify it by saying that the MetLife deal was to our advantage - then call their bluff and cancel the 2016 contracted game.

ND can spot a sucker thousands of miles away. Win-win for them and we're good in telling ourselves it's a win for us too.
Ms. Cheriehoop if I could like this post x1000 I would. You get it and don't buy the spin people have tried to give about these games.
I have never hated MetLife games but I hated how Notre Dame was treating our FB program like.a mid major and people burying their heads in the sand and pretending it wasn't happening. You get it and I thank you for your post. I just glad SU was able to salvage 1 home game when it appeared mathematically unlikely.

rrlbees said:
Every decision over the past several years have been made with little to no thoughts of the fan.

Seriously? Hyperbole much?

How many decisions led to an ACC invite? I'm sure "the fan" would much prefer a lifetime of Purgatory in the AAC. /sarcasm/

We are in a better place. Be thankful. It's OK to enjoy it.

Has nothing to do with definitely winning or losing. Has to do with odds of winning or losing. Nothing's guaranteed.
Funny, all these years I thought talent on the field won games, not location and the people in the seats.

ND agrees to play in areas that can help them recruit, Syracuse NY is not one of those areas.

if NY alumni got in the car once in a while like alumni do at other schools, there'd be more support at home

the NY crowd who doesn't go to home games that get games moved to them should about it

Does anyone here remember who the ACC Commissioner was in 2003? You know the guy who wanted Syracuse in his conference long before NY's College Team, field turf in the Dome and Doc Gross taking over?

SU being invited into the ACC has little to do with anyone on the Syracuse campus other than Boeheim.

if NY alumni got in the car once in a while like alumni do at other schools, there'd be more support at home

the NY crowd who doesn't go to home games that get games moved to them should about it
I think it has more to do with the product. If Syracuse football had a decade of 8 wins a year the attendance would be a couple thousand more each year.

This Metlife series with Notre Dame made our football program look like a MAC team. That is why I always killed the series. P5 teams should never play home games 300 miles from campus and then road games at the other teams stadium. Especially if that team playing home games won't fill the stadium up 300 miles from campus. None of the Metlife games except maybe the USC game had more SU fans in attendance than the opponent's fans. The USC game had 39k in a 82.5k stadium. People need to realize that ND completely owned us. Thankfully the ACC bailed Gross/Syracuse out. Now we lost 1 home game which sucks but isn't anything to go insane over. If we never hosted Notre Dame one time which appeared likely because of these Metlife games it would have made Gross/Syracuse get no benefit of ND's affiliation with the ACC.

I think it has more to do with the product. If Syracuse football had a decade of 8 wins a year the attendance would be a couple thousand more each year.

This Metlife series with Notre Dame made our football program look like a MAC team. That is why I always killed the series. P5 teams should never play home games 300 miles from campus and then road games at the other teams stadium. Especially if that team playing home games won't fill the stadium up 300 miles from campus. None of the Metlife games except maybe the USC game had more SU fans in attendance than the opponent's fans. The USC game had 39k in a 82.5k stadium. People need to realize that ND completely owned us. Thankfully the ACC bailed Gross/Syracuse out. Now we lost 1 home game which sucks but isn't anything to go insane over. If we never hosted Notre Dame one time which appeared likely because of these Metlife games it would have made Gross/Syracuse get no benefit of ND's affiliation with the ACC.

How many MAC teams play on ABC primetime?

Continues to amaze me that you think the "fan unfriendly" decisions make a dent in attendance.

Students, alums, locals, regionals, attendance is down across the board. And it's because we've been a bad to mediocre team since 1998 (with one spike above that in 2001, possibly 2012). Most of this time our hoops program hangs out in the Top 5, Top 10, plays top opponents in a top shelf league, which I personally think helps drag down the fan attitude about football.

If fans realistically thought we were good enough to compete with the FSUs, Clemsons, NDs on our schedule this year, do you think enough people would give a rat f*** about the Metlife deal to stay away from the Dome?

What they need to do in this down time is reassess the pricing across the board to try to entice more fans to come into the building. The only pricing decisions they've made were fan friendly, but did not impact enough seats. They need to address the sidelines now, and then raise prices back up as performance warrants the demand.

Serious question that someone brought up to me last night and I didn't know the answer- when was the last time a Notre Dame game was not broadcast nationally?

We graduate what, 3,000 undergrads who immediately move 5 plus hours away. Far different math than those state schools people continually and unreasonably compare us to.

How many MAC teams play on ABC primetime?
Your point is laughable. Last time ND played on ABC when the game wasn't at 8pm was 2011 at Pitt when they had a available 12pm national window for the game. If Notre Dame played a road game at a MAC school it is very likely ESPN puts the game on night.

I mean your point is ridiculous do the research and realize it HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SYRACUSE. Again spin to justify a crap deal Syracuse didn't need.

Serious question that someone brought up to me last night and I didn't know the answer- when was the last time a Notre Dame game was not broadcast nationally?

The year Paul Horning won the Heisman. That has to be the reason why he won it over Brown and McDonald, the voters never saw the Irish play.

Your point is laughable. Last time ND played on ABC when the game wasn't at 8pm was 2011 at Pitt when they had a available 12pm national window for the game. If Notre Dame played a road game at a MAC school it is very likely ESPN puts the game on night.

I mean your point is ridiculous do the research and realize it HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SYRACUSE. Again spin to justify a crap deal Syracuse didn't need.

How many MAC programs played on ABC in primetime? You have repeated that line for about 1000 posts, so curious as to how many to make such a statement valid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom