ACC, Notre Dame Announce Football Playing Dates Through 2025 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, Notre Dame Announce Football Playing Dates Through 2025

Serious question that someone brought up to me last night and I didn't know the answer- when was the last time a Notre Dame game was not broadcast nationally?
2007 when 2-9 Notre Dame visited Stanford in their season finale. The game was a split national broadcast on ESPN2. It was the last ND game not shown to the entire nation.

How many MAC programs played on ABC in primetime? You have repeated that line for about 1000 posts, so curious as to how many to make such a statement valid.
I mean your posts don't fight the facts that ND games are put on ABC/ESPN for ratings. If Notre Dame played a MAC school I am sure it would be on primetime. It doesn't change the fact that series Syracuse agreed to with Notre Dame was what a midmajor does which is the main point. However, continue knit-picking the point you want and ignore the clownsuit Notre Dame put on Syracuse.

if NY alumni got in the car once in a while like alumni do at other schools, there'd be more support at home

the NY crowd who doesn't go to home games that get games moved to them should about it
no.

$$ talks.

come to us.

$$ talks.

the school makes a killing playing here.

$$ talks.

big time exposure.

plus, it seems like every day i read in the paper of a recruit mentioning Syracuse is in his final 5, and hes been to Giants Stadium to see them 2x.

I mean your posts don't fight the facts that ND games are put on ABC/ESPN for ratings. If Notre Dame played a MAC school I am sure it would be on primetime. It doesn't change the fact that series Syracuse agreed to with Notre Dame was what a midmajor does which is the main point. However, continue knit-picking the point you want and ignore the clownsuit Notre Dame put on Syracuse.

The only way to reasonably say we acted like a MAC school is if a MAC school did the same. Apparently they haven't but we still have acted like something that has never happened.

Living in the middle of ACC country all I heard was that people wanted us to win the game and that it looked cool on TV. Not one reference to Akron or Toledo.

How many MAC teams get offered $5 million to move a game off campus?

At the time Gross made the deal ... we were a Big East team making barely $3.7 million a year in TV revenue.

Seriously, for a $5 million payday (or $10 million, if we're getting $5 mil for each game). I'd put my own mother in a clown suit.

lets also not lose sight of the fact that you GUARANTEED, Syracuse was not getting a 5th game.

that Syracuse would NEVER get nd at the Dome.

whos wearing the clownsuit??

please, youre a lawyer but you constantly fail to adhere to the LAW of COMMON SENSE.

you wouldnt budge, it was crazy.

of course Syracuse was getting a 5th game...and getting it at the Dome.

of course Syracuse would be foolish to not take advantage of being able to play in Giants Stadium.

i realize that for you nd is the Pope, the President, Elvis and Jesus all rolled into 1 and getting them into the Dome is some kind of validation for you, its like a drug...you need them there as often as possible.

but the reality is, we just treated them as our bitch. Syracuse is collecting huge paydays and other assorted advantages of playing them there...AND nd is still coming to the Dome.

and so is LSU...with more to come.

screw nd.

this is good $$

this is good business.

this is common Fn sense.

How many MAC teams get offered $5 million to move a game off campus?

At the time Gross made the deal ... we were a Big East team making barely $3.7 million a year in TV revenue.

Seriously, for a $5 million payday (or $10 million, if we're getting $5 mil for each game). I'd put my own mother in a clown suit.
i'm still baffled at how it could've been worth 5 million. i believe people when they say that's the number, i'm just saying i don't understand how it was worth so much

The only way to reasonably say we acted like a MAC school is if a MAC school did the same. Apparently they haven't but we still have acted like something that has never happened.

Living in the middle of ACC country all I heard was that people wanted us to win the game and that it looked cool on TV. Not one reference to Akron or Toledo.
If you want me to say midmajor school instead of MAC fine.
Northern Illinois played "home" games at Soldier Field in 2007 and 2012 against Iowa and in 2011 against Wisconsin and played road games at those teams home campuses.
East Carolina played "home" games at Bank of America Stadium against Virginia Tech in 2008 and 2012 against South Carolina.
Central Michigan and Florida Atlantic played "home" games at Ford Field against Michigan State in 2008 and 2009.

My goodness I guess because we were lucky t play on ABC primetime we should ignore the company of teams we joined in playing home games off campus. I bet your friends who commented had no idea that Syracuse was giving up home games for a neutral/road atmosphere. Any time you can give up HFA for being "cool" you gotta do it.

lets also not lose sight of the fact that you GUARANTEED, Syracuse was not getting a 5th game.

that Syracuse would NEVER get nd at the Dome.

whos wearing the clownsuit??

please, youre a lawyer but you constantly fail to adhere to the LAW of COMMON SENSE.

you wouldnt budge, it was crazy.

of course Syracuse was getting a 5th game...and getting it at the Dome.

of course Syracuse would be foolish to not take advantage of being able to play in Giants Stadium.

i realize that for you nd is the Pope, the President, Elvis and Jesus all rolled into 1 and getting them into the Dome is some kind of validation for you, its like a drug...you need them there as often as possible.

but the reality is, we just treated them as our bitch. Syracuse is collecting huge paydays and other assorted advantages of playing them there...AND nd is still coming to the Dome.

and so is LSU...with more to come.

screw nd.

this is good $$

this is good business.

this is common Fn sense.
Kaiser, I always said it was a 2 in 14 chance we were getting a home game. Please don't change the facts. I said it was unlikely because t of the math. Anyime you rely on a 1 in 7 chance the odds are significantly against you. Please don't let those facts get in the way. I hate when people want to pretend these games that should be home games with HFA and are turned into pseudo road games people want bury their heads in the sand and forget that. Call a spade a spade. I give the ACC credit for taking care of Syracuse when they didn't have to.

The fact you think we made ND our b*tch legitimately makes me laugh thank you for cheering me when I have deposition with an ahole scheduled for the afternoon. We lost 1 home game and while that is disappointing I think that is fine since atleast we will get some benefit to ND's affiliation to the ACC. We have fans have no clue to what the finances were for these Metlife games but something tells me ND got a nice pay day as well SU they weren't exactly our b*tch and they didn't have to give up a home game.

OrangeXtreme said:
How many MAC teams get offered $5 million to move a game off campus? At the time Gross made the deal ... we were a Big East team making barely $3.7 million a year in TV revenue. Seriously, for a $5 million payday (or $10 million, if we're getting $5 mil for each game). I'd put my own mother in a clown suit.

If enough people keep saying $5m/game eventually everyone will believe it.

Millhouse said:
i'm still baffled at how it could've been worth 5 million. i believe people when they say that's the number, i'm just saying i don't understand how it was worth so much

The deal was $5m. The hard part is defining what deal means. Nobody at SU will say.

If you want me to say midmajor school instead of MAC fine.
Northern Illinois played "home" games at Soldier Field in 2007 and 2012 against Iowa and in 2011 against Wisconsin and played road games at those teams home campuses.
East Carolina played "home" games at Bank of America Stadium against Virginia Tech in 2008 and 2012 against South Carolina.
Central Michigan and Florida Atlantic played "home" games at Ford Field against Michigan State in 2008 and 2009.

My goodness I guess because we were lucky t play on ABC primetime we should ignore the company of teams we joined in playing home games off campus. I bet your friends who commented had no idea that Syracuse was giving up home games for a neutral/road atmosphere. Any time you can give up HFA for being "cool" you gotta do it.

So Notre Dame never played a MAC school on ABC primetime in some pro stadium in Ohio or Michigan? That was the point. The rest is moving goalposts.

Kaiser, I always said it was a 2 in 14 chance we were getting a home game. Please don't change the facts. I said it was unlikely because t of the math. Anyime you rely on a 1 in 7 chance the odds are significantly against you. Please don't let those facts get in the way. I hate when people want to pretend these games that should be home games with HFA and are turned into pseudo road games people don't bury their heads in the sant. Call a spade a spade. I give the ACC credit for taking care of Syracuse when they didn't have to.

Actually, it was probably a 7 in 7 chance.

I'll bet Gross sat down with the ACC and Notre Dame and negotiated the schedule years ago. It just wasn't made public until yesterday.

SU agreed to keep the two MetLife games, in exchange for giving up one home game during the 12 year cycle.

The ACC is happy, because they get two games in the media center of the universe.

Notre Dame is happy, because they get two games in front of their NYC alumni/fans (which is what they wanted all along).

And Gross is happy because SU got a huge paycheck.

If enough people keep saying $5m/game eventually everyone will believe it.
then lets say 10million and make some real $$$!!!

regardless, whatever the cost to bus there and 1 night of hotel rooms...was likely covered by whatever check they were driving back to Syracuse with.

good business.

yes alsacs, we used them as our $$ bitch.

i dont care what they did or didnt have to give up. Syracuse still has 6 home games and monster payday.

thats a win.

Actually, it was probably a 7 in 7 chance.

I'll bet Gross sat down with the ACC and Notre Dame and negotiated the schedule years ago. It just wasn't made public until yesterday.

SU agreed to keep the two MetLife games, in exchange for giving up one home game during the 12 year cycle.

The ACC is happy, because they get two games in the media center of the universe.

Notre Dame is happy, because they get two games in front of their NYC alumni/fans (which is what they wanted all along).

And Gross is happy because SU got a huge paycheck.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
common sense.

So Notre Dame never played a MAC school on ABC primetime in some pro stadium in Ohio or Michigan? That was the point. The rest is moving goalposts.
This just makes me laugh thank you. I guess you showed me next I will say midmajor instead of MAC what a joke. Atleast, Xtreme made the $$$ point which is fair. If we actually got 5 million dollars a game then you can justify it. However, ABC primetime argument is just silly.

This just makes me laugh thank you. I guess you showed me next I will say midmajor instead of MAC what a joke. Atleast, Xtreme made the $$$ point which is fair. If we actually got 5 million dollars a game then you can justify it. However, ABC primetime argument is just silly.

Glad you laughed, because your analogy wasn't nearly as funny.

UConn hosted Michigan on ABC primetime last year and it had nothing to do with UConn which was winless at the time. Primetime is all about ratings. TV will always put Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Florida State, Notre Dame, Alabama, USC, Texas, Oklahoma on primetime whenever possible. Primetime = more available eyeballs on the West Coast to watch. The reason ABC puts ND on a night is they draw people it had nothing to do with Syracuse FB right now.

Sometimes I wonder how many man hours your firm loses due to your angst over the ND series. Probably a lot.

Glad you laughed, because your analogy wasn't nearly as funny.
My point makes sense if you look at the situation in the middle and don't try to claim Syracuse as a P5 did what many P5 DO.
P5 teams don't play "home" games 300 miles from campus and then road games at the opponent's home stadium. This trick is done by midmajors to incentive the major teams to play them.

Sometimes I wonder how many man hours your firm loses due to your angst over the ND series. Probably a lot.
LOL, not many as I typically am writing on my phone waiting to meet with somebody. I just have a position I wish people could respect and agree to disagree instead of people trying to defend a bad deal.

If I make a bad deal I would own it and just admit it take the lumps and move on. I wouldn't try to justify it if I knew it was bad. People here want to make a bad deal look good when its just a midmajor type deal. I get the OXtreme argument we needed the money so we did. That argument kinda admits its a bad deal done for monetary reasons. I can accept that and move on, but when others want to make this bad deal actually look like a good deal I lose it.

I respect the Kaiser wing argument of wanting NYC games for branding purposes but I would never agree to deal where SU plays home games at Metlife and then road games at the opponent's stadium. Especially if Syracuse can't fill Metlife up on its own with 75% of the crowd.

LOL, not many as I typically am writing on my phone waiting to meet with somebody. I just have a position I wish people could respect and agree to disagree instead of people trying to defend a bad deal.

If I make a bad deal I would own it and just admit it take the lumps and move on. I wouldn't try to justify it if I knew it was bad. People here want to make a bad deal look good when its just a midmajor type deal. I get the OXtreme argument we needed the money so we did. That argument kinda admits its a bad deal done for monetary reasons. I can accept that and move on, but when others want to make this bad deal actually look like a good deal I lose it.

I respect the Kaiser wing argument of wanting NYC games for branding purposes but I would never agree to deal where SU plays home games at Metlife and then road games at the opponent's stadium. Especially if Syracuse can't fill Metlife up on its own with 75% of the crowd.
Isn't agreeing to disagree and people defending that position kinda the same thing? When you say 'defend a bad deal' you impose your opinion on everyone else. People disagreeing with you is not the same thing as not respecting your opinion. If it was, you would be 'not respecting' their opinion by disagreeing with them. No?

Isn't agreeing to disagree and people defending that position kinda the same thing? When you say 'defend a bad deal' you impose your opinion on everyone else. People disagreeing with you is not the same thing as not respecting your opinion. If it was, you would be 'not respecting' their opinion by disagreeing with them. No?
I am pretty sure that if you asked a neutral factfinder if the deal Syracuse agreed to Notre Dame with was a typical agreement among power 5 teams rather than a deal from a team G5 conference team would agree the factfinder would say its a deal a G5 team would agree to. I understand this deal was signed while we were in a Big East mindset.

Dr. Gross has told me to my face he didn't like this deal if he had his way but Syracuse needed the deal for other reasons. I take that to mean the OXtreme $$$ reason. If Syracuse tried to get out of the deal after the ACC move I think Gross would benefit from telling the fanbase he did that.

I honestly can't believe any fan of the Syracuse football program thinks playing 2 games at South Bend and 2 games at Metlife stadium was a good deal for Syracuse football fans unless they reside in the greater NYC area. If you disagree fine and I honestly don't want to have that debate because neither side will move an inch.

We need more SEC teams to come to the Dome. Give me LSU over ND any day...
When is that Georgia home and home coming !!??

We need more SEC teams to come to the Dome. Give me LSU over ND any day...
When is that Georgia home and home coming !!??

Ole Miss... I've gotta get down to Oxford for a game. And that this point in my life, only Syracuse playing there would make it possible.

Counting the days until that Baton Rouge trip. That will be drunky.

I do like my ND trips though. South Bend is a sh!tbox, but my kind of town...Chicago, is where we stay anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom