ACC/Syracuse football survey... | Syracusefan.com

ACC/Syracuse football survey...

ClemsonTiger

Walk On
First off, I was happy upon returning after a prolonged absence to this site to see the Rutgers dumpster fire thread, my absolute favorite, at the top of the board with a recent posting in it!:eat popcorn:

Secondly, I wanted to come on and congratulate your program on landing a great hire in Dino Babers. I enjoyed watching his Bowling Green squad last season light up the offensive stats and win the championship in a very solid football playing MAC league! I also recall his time at Eastern Illinois as head coach where he took the Panthers to the playoffs two years in a row with a QB by the name of Jimmy Garoppolo who was taken in the 2nd round of the '14 draft by the Patriots! Babers will have all the teams on your schedule on alert because this guy gets results and competes on a very high level! I can't wait to kick it off and see how his first season at the helm unfolds!

And this leads me to the actual thread title description. How about a survey I stole from another school's message board but modified to fit interests on here to get some way too early predictions going? I'd love to read Cuse fans responses to its questions [posted below] because you're always entertaining me with posts on this site (sorry, any Rutgirls lurkers out there) so it's the least I can do to repay you for the hours I've spent scrolling through threads on here...

Take care, Cuse faithful! (And kudos for your fantastic basketball run!)SUball
----------------------------------

1) Predict the ACC football champion:

2) Who is the ACCCG runner up?

3) Pick a dark horse for each division winner: Atlantic- Coastal-

4) Which program has the largest improvement in wins from last season?

5) Which program decreases the most in wins?

6) Which coach is getting fired after this season?

7) Which new coach, besides Dino Babers;), achieves the best regular season record this season: Mark Richt (Miami), Bronco Mendenhall (UVA), or Justin Fuente (VT)?

8) Boston College did not win a conference game last season:confused:...How many wins will the Eagles achieve this season?

9) Who will be bowl eligible between Georgia Tech, NC State, and Wake Forest?

10) Most difficult game for the Orange to get a win this season?

11) What is a realistic goal for Syracuse in 2016?

12) Which game on your regular season schedule is the most critical to achieving that goal?

13) Breakout player on offense for the Orange?

14) Breakout player on defense for the Orange?

15) Strongest offensive positional unit (most depth, skill and experience)?

16) Strongest defensive positional unit (most depth, skill and experience)?

17) Which Syracuse game are you most excited about seeing?

18) Which ACC game (not involving Cuse) are you most excited about seeing?

19) Who is (becoming) Syracuse’s biggest football rival in the ACC?

20) Which out of conference opponent would you like to see Syracuse schedule in the future?

21) If you were in charge of the ACC expansion in the future, which team would you have join if you could?

22) If you were in charge of realigning the conference in regards to football scheduling, how would you propose changing it? Or would you prefer to keep it as is?

Last edited:
First off, I was happy upon returning after a prolonged absence to this site to see the Rutgers dumpster fire thread, my absolute favorite, at the top of the board with a recent posting in it!:eat popcorn:

Secondly, I wanted to come on and congratulate your program on landing a great hire in Dino Babers. I enjoyed watching his Bowling Green squad last season light up the offensive stats and win the championship in a very solid football playing MAC league! I also recall his time at Eastern Illinois as head coach where he took the Panthers to the playoffs two years in a row with a QB by the name of Jimmy Garoppolo who was taken in the 2nd round of the '14 draft by the Patriots! Babers will have all the teams on your schedule on alert because this guy gets results and competes on a very high level! I can't wait to kick it off and see how his first season at the helm unfolds!

And this leads me to the actual thread title description. How about a survey I stole from another school's message board but modified to fit interests on here to get some way too early predictions going? I'd love to read Cuse fans responses to its questions [posted below] because you're always entertaining me with posts on this site (sorry, any Rutgirls lurkers out there) so it's the least I can do to repay you for the hours I've spent scrolling through threads on here...

7) Which new coach, besides Dino Babers;), achieves the best regular season record this season: Mark Richt (Miami), Bronco Mendenhall (UVA), or Justin Fuente (VT)?

8) Boston College did not win a conference game last season:confused:...How many wins will the Eagles achieve this season?

12) Which game on your regular season schedule is the most critical to achieving that goal?

19) Who is (becoming) Syracuse’s biggest conference football rival: NC State? Clemson? PITT? Other?

20) Which out of conference opponent would you like to see Syracuse schedule in the future?

21) If you were in charge of the ACC expansion in the future, which team would you have join if you could?

22) If you were in charge of realigning the conference in regards to football scheduling, how would you propose changing it? Or would you prefer to keep it as is?

1. Clemson will win the ACC again. Florida State plays North Carolina, Miami while Clemson plays Georgia Tech and Pitt.
2. I predict Miami to win the Coastal.
3. Darkhorse in the Atlantic is Louisville and in the Coastal is Pitt.
4. Miami will have the largest increase in wins. Going from 7-6 to 10-2.
5. North Carolina have the largest decrease going from 11-3 to 7-5.
6. Paul Johnson Georgia Tech will be fired after the year.
7. Mark Richt and Miami has the best year. He will fix that offense.
8. BC will get 2 wins in ACC play. NC State at home and @ Wake.
9. NC State's pathetic nonconference schedule gets them to 6-6.
10. Notre Dame at Metlife, or @ Clemson will be our toughest games.
11. Goal should be just to improve and be competitive. 6-6 is amazing but 5-7 is the reasonable expectation.
12. South Florida/@UConn we need to sweep these games to get to 6-6. However most important game is week 2 vs. Louisville
13. Strickland our RB will be the breakout offensive player.
14. Somebody in the secondary will be our breakout defensive player.
15. We have RB depth.
16. Our D is completely unpredictable depth wise. I would guess we have the most depth at LB.
17. Most excited to see week 2 against Louisville and see what we have in plan for them.
18. Game of the year is Florida State vs. Clemson but I want to see North Carolina vs. Florida State.
19. We don't have a true football rival but Boston College, Louisville and Pitt have potential.
20. I would love a home/home with Vanderbilt. It is an SEC school in a good city and we could sweep the series.
21. No more expansion until ND would join fulltime then let them pick the 16th team.
22. Get the NCAA to allow the 3+5+5 format where you play 3 annual foes and alternate the other 5/1o each year. Or create zipper divisions.
Flip Miami and Virginia Tech to the Atlantic and put Florida State and Boston College to the Coastal.

Welcome back Tiger!!!!!!.....I'm not hardly qualified to make these predictions but your questions are great.I hope all the answers you get are justified.Some people get really out of whack. I'm from Syracuse but now live in Florida. it is my goal to get up to Clemson this year for the game.I still keep 4 season tix in Syracuse. I will catch the first 3 games in September and than give my tix to family.My most want to see game will be Louisville this year.You guy's have a great year!!!......GO Orange!!!

1) Predict the ACC football champion: Clemson

2) Who is the ACCCG runner up? Miami

3) Pick a dark horse for each division winner: Atlantic- Coastal- Louisville, Pitt

4) Which program has the largest improvement in wins from last season? Miami

5) Which program decreases the most in wins? North Carolina

6) Which coach is getting fired after this season? Addazio? No idea here

7) Which new coach, besides Dino Babers;), achieves the best regular season record this season: Mark Richt (Miami), Bronco Mendenhall (UVA), or Justin Fuente (VT)? Richt, tons of talent to work with.

8) Boston College did not win a conference game last season:confused:...How many wins will the Eagles achieve this season? 2

9) Who will be bowl eligible between Georgia Tech, NC State, and Wake Forest? NC State, as said above their schedule is stupid easy out of conference. Think GT makes it back this year too.

10) Most difficult game for the Orange to get a win this season? @ Clemson

11) What is a realistic goal for Syracuse in 2016? 6-6

12) Which game on your regular season schedule is the most critical to achieving that goal? Gotta take care of out of conference schedule, go 3-1

13) Breakout player on offense for the Orange? Strickland

14) Breakout player on defense for the Orange? Slayton

15) Strongest offensive positional unit (most depth, skill and experience)? RB

16) Strongest defensive positional unit (most depth, skill and experience)? LB/DT tied in my book

17) Which Syracuse game are you most excited about seeing? Louisville, catch them sleeping early in the year. Hope our coaches have us ready. In years past we have let opportunities like this go by.

18) Which ACC game (not involving Cuse) are you most excited about seeing? FSU/Clemson

19) Who is (becoming) Syracuse’s biggest football rival in the ACC? eh, Pitt or BC. But no one sticks out.

20) Which out of conference opponent would you like to see Syracuse schedule in the future? Baylor ;)

21) If you were in charge of the ACC expansion in the future, which team would you have join if you could? ND or PSU

22) If you were in charge of realigning the conference in regards to football scheduling, how would you propose changing it? Or would you prefer to keep it as is? Move FSU to the other side, switch Miami to the Atlantic.

1) Predict the ACC football champion: FSU

2) Who is the ACCCG runner up? Miami

3) Pick a dark horse for each division winner: Atlantic- Syracuse Coastal- Virginia

4) Which program has the largest improvement in wins from last season? Syracuse

5) Which program decreases the most in wins? Pitt

6) Which coach is getting fired after this season? Adazio

7) Which new coach, besides Dino Babers;), achieves the best regular season record this season: Mark Richt (Miami), Bronco Mendenhall (UVA), or Justin Fuente (VT)? Richt

8) Boston College did not win a conference game last season:confused:...How many wins will the Eagles achieve this season? Zero.zero

9) Who will be bowl eligible between Georgia Tech, NC State, and Wake Forest? NC State

10) Most difficult game for the Orange to get a win this season? FSU

11) What is a realistic goal for Syracuse in 2016? 7-5

12) Which game on your regular season schedule is the most critical to achieving that goal? Louisville

13) Breakout player on offense for the Orange? hmm...Dungey, though he's not an unknown

14) Breakout player on defense for the Orange? Slayton

15) Strongest offensive positional unit (most depth, skill and experience)? WR

16) Strongest defensive positional unit (most depth, skill and experience)? DT, though we are thin.

17) Which Syracuse game are you most excited about seeing? Colgate. Want to see if the hype is real.

18) Which ACC game (not involving Cuse) are you most excited about seeing? Clemson/FSU

19) Who is (becoming) Syracuse’s biggest football rival in the ACC? Sadly, probably WF, though we would like it to be BC. They're just sooo bad at the moment.

20) Which out of conference opponent would you like to see Syracuse schedule in the future? Rutgers, so we can smash their faces

21) If you were in charge of the ACC expansion in the future, which team would you have join if you could? Texas and full-time ND

22) If you were in charge of realigning the conference in regards to football scheduling, how would you propose changing it? Or would you prefer to keep it as is? Don't really care.

19) Who is (becoming) Syracuse’s biggest football rival in the ACC?

1) Clemson
2) Miami
3) Louisville and VTech
4) Miami
5) NC St.
6) Paul Johnson
7) Richt
8) 1.
9) None.
10) Clemson
11) 7-5
12) Vs. NC St/Vs. Tech
13) Jamal Custis
14) Shy/Cordy (if you didn't count last year as a breakout)
15) RB
16) LB
17) Virginia Tech
18)Florida St vs. Clemson
19) NC St. or Pitt, idk f em both
20) Army or Missouri
21) Cincinnati
22) keep as is