ACC Teleconference Jan 9 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Teleconference Jan 9

chris carlson ‏@ccarlsononSU
Miami coach Jim Larranaga, in his opening remarks, credits #Syracuse performance with making Hurricanes look bad when teams played.

Jim Larranaga on #Syracuse: Gillon was a hard matchup for us because he's so fast. He created a lot of problems for us.

Larranaga on #Syracuse: They are a talented team. The preseason polls had them (ranked). I wouldn't be surprised if they did that or better.

Jim Boeheim will be on ACC Coaches teleconference momentarily. I will pass on anything interesting.

Boeheim: We played better the last couple of games at home. We'll see how we take that on the road.

Boeheim: They have a lot of good players, they have good depth. (Seth Allen) is a really, really good player. Veteran player.

Boeheim on number of Tech guys that can dribble: Not only can they do that, they can shoot it too. It's not the ability to do one thing.

Jim Boeheim on why he went to 6-man rotation: I didn't like losing. That's why I went to that.

Jim Boeheim on 6-man rotation: I think it's sustainable, depending on foul situation and things like that. Players get rest every 4 minutes.

Jim Boeheim on improvement: We're better in every area the last two games.

Boeheim on what he did during 2-game turnaround: I wish I could tell you. We did the same things and it worked.

Boeheim on 2-game turnaround: We beat two good teams. We haven't been able to beat elite teams.

Boeheim: We had four first-year players in our lineup and a sophomore. I should have been more cautious with this team.

Boeheim: The biggest surprise for me was how long it takes fifth-year guys to figure out what you're trying to do. It takes time.

Last edited:
Jim Boeheim will be on ACC Coaches teleconference momentarily. I will pass on anything interesting.

Boeheim: We played better the last couple of games at home. We'll see how we take that on the road.

Boeheim: They have a lot of good players, they have good depth. (Seth Allen) is a really, really good player. Veteran player.

Boeheim on number of Tech guys that can dribble: Not only can they do that, they can shoot it too. It's not the ability to do one thing.

Jim Boeheim on why he went to 6-man rotation: I didn't like losing. That's why I went to that.

Jim Boeheim on 6-man rotation: I think it's sustainable, depending on foul situation and things like that. Players get rest every 4 minutes.

Jim Boeheim on improvement: We're better in every area the last two games.

Boeheim on what he did during 2-game turnaround: I wish I could tell you. We did the same things and it worked.

Boeheim on 2-game turnaround: We beat two good teams. We haven't been able to beat elite teams.

Boeheim: We had four first-year players in our lineup and a sophomore. I should have been more cautious with this team.

Boeheim: The biggest surprise for me was how long it takes fifth-year guys to figure out what you're trying to do. It takes time.

There you go. When Howard and Coleman play, we lose. It's the sad truth.

Classic JB

It's worth noting that Seth Allen is in concussion protocol for VPI after getting hurt against NC State. Huge loss for them if he can't play.

I assume the 11:10 block for Boston College is just an unofficial break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom