ACC Top Overall Conference | Syracusefan.com

ACC Top Overall Conference

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
They pretty much are the strongest conference in FB, BB, WBB, Soccer, etc...

But Maryland is cashing checks in the most overrated conference.

Which brings me to a question: I know that there is conference profit-sharing on the bowl payouts. Will SU and the others get a few extra shekels now that Clemson has advanced to the National Title Game?

It appears no. I think clemson gets $2m for expenses. Acc gets $6m for putting team in semis.

Which brings me to a question: I know that there is conference profit-sharing on the bowl payouts. Will SU and the others get a few extra shekels now that Clemson has advanced to the National Title Game?
No. Whereas the ACC (and every other conference) receives $6M for each team in the semi-finals, advancing to the NC game brings no additional money to the conference.

College Football Playoff Payouts By Conference For 2016-17

The talking heads are really working hard to keep "the Big 10 is the best" talk going. On Mike and Mike, Greenberg was saying that the bowls don't matter because the Big 10 teams aren't "up for the games". He made an excuse for Wiscy today saying that if W. Mich won, it was because Wiscy didn't care. Seems to me that both Michigan and Ohio State cared a great deal about their games?

The talking heads are really working hard to keep "the Big 10 is the best" talk going. On Mike and Mike, Greenberg was saying that the bowls don't matter because the Big 10 teams aren't "up for the games". He made an excuse for Wiscy today saying that if W. Mich won, it was because Wiscy didn't care. Seems to me that both Michigan and Ohio State cared a great deal about their games?

That show has become unlistenable. They are simply trolling for click bait. Everyone knows the BIG is overrated every year. They underachieved and got their asses handed to them in two high profile games, Michigan's comeback notwithstanding. It's up to Wisky and PED St. to salvage some pride. Go USC!!!

W. Mich still has a shot here. Iowa losing to Florida right now (maybe SEC teams care more than Big 10?)

Boy do I hope USC pounds Ped St.

How about that BIG10 conference? Lol. What a joke. Quite a few on this board believed all of that ESPN hype

People still listen to them? They are the corniest two people on morning radio.

I've heard the B1G just get absolutely trashed most everywhere so Mike and Mike notwithstanding, people are finally realizing the B1G can't hang with ACC/SEC speed and athleticism.

I'm just happy USC won, and in glorious fashion as well.

The Orange have 8 ACC games next year and every one of those teams is very tough and solid and up to National Championship caliber. As coach Mac used to say, " We gotta get betta".

B1G paying ESPN more money nowadays? Those were the same excuses the SECapologists have used in prior years.

The ACC is the best three season all sports conference by any measure. SU is in epic fail mode this year, lets hope this is year is an exception and last year is more the norm.

The ACC is the best three season all sports conference by any measure. SU is in epic fail mode this year, lets hope this is year is an exception and last year is more the norm.

another reason hoops is in the first stages of a death spiral

If you say death spiral enough times (and you have), maybe someone will believe you.

Indiana post Knight, Carolina post Dean after his final recruits left, G'town after Thompson. The road is paved with programs who tumble after the legend leaves. ACC is so stacked if you fall far enough, you may not get back up.

Indiana post Knight, Carolina post Dean after his final recruits left, G'town after Thompson. The road is paved with programs who tumble after the legend leaves. ACC is so stacked if you fall far enough, you may not get back up.

There are other teams that did just fine post-legend. It's an adjustment, bet there are way too many things going basketballs way to stay down.

This is the football board. We know a death spiral when we see one.

MBB is suffering from the sanctions, and football is growing into a new system.

Once the sanctions are gone, basketball will return. It's a cash cow with elite facilities and an elite fan base that's right next to the best recruiting area in the country. It isn't going away - especially since we are in the ACC and have standing rivalries w/ UConn, GTown, and 'Nova.

Football can't really go down, and we have new facilities w/ a proven coach. I like our chances.

Just need Clemson to beat Bama and it will be an absolute battering by the ACC
C1Qv_Z6WQAE7Zny.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom