ACC TV Commercial | Syracusefan.com

ACC TV Commercial

BKCuse

Starter
It really pisses me off when I see that 30 second ACC commmercial they've been running on league games lately. It's got a rocking song with great action shots of every ACC team but the 1 shot they use for Cuse we're in all blue unis so you can't even tell it's us.

The first time I didn't even realize we made the cut so rewound to find a shot of AET making a great grab vs ND at MetLife but the blue uniforms ensure that no one sees Syracuse football in this ad.

They should have used a shot of us in orange unis scoring in the Dome.

Maybe I'm paranoid but it honestly strikes me as someone went out of their way to limit our exposure.

It really pisses me off when I see that 30 second ACC commmercial they've been running on league games lately. It's got a rocking song with great action shots of every ACC team but the 1 shot they use for Cuse we're in all blue unis so you can't even tell it's us.

The first time I didn't even realize we made the cut so rewound to find a shot of AET making a great grab vs ND at MetLife but the blue uniforms ensure that no one sees Syracuse football in this ad.

Maybe I'm paranoid but it honestly strikes me as someone went out of their way to limit our exposure.
IMG_4572.JPG

I get you drift, but that's on SU for the "uniform" divergence. Ha. Which is akin to being consistently inconsistent, right?

Yes we did with the unrecognizable uniforms.

Our uniforms are utter garbage. They belong in the XFL. I am okay with new uniforms and not the ones from the 80-90s but the new uniforms suck and Nike shoved them down Dr. Gross and the football program. We didn't fight hard enough for good looking uniforms.
The all orange look Florida had yesterday is better than our orange jerseys and we are the Orange.
The shade of the colors just sucks and the font is the worst font in all of sports not just college football. Can Wildhack fix this please.
Let Dino give him help and get it done.

Who knows.
...and better yet, who cares! Recruits don't select a school because of their uniforms. To suggest otherwise is just silly.

IMO, I think it's pretty obvious that recruits select schools for a bunch of different reasons i.e. winning tradition, playing time, favorite team, proximity to home etc, but I'm sure uniforms are far down the list.

He11, look at Ped St; simple, classic uniforms and winning tradition seems to trump all the negative Sandusky/Paterno p-e-d-o-p-h-i-l-i-a news. How does that happen if uniforms are so all important to recruits?

Last edited:
...and better yet, who cares! Recruits don't select a school because of their uniforms. To suggest otherwise is just silly.

IMO, I think it's pretty obvious that recruits select schools for a bunch of different reasons i.e. winning tradition, playing time, favorite team, proximity to home etc, but I'm sure uniforms are far down the list.

He11, look at Ped St; simple, classic uniforms and winning tradition seems to trumps all the negative Sandusky/Paterno P e d o p h I l I anews. How does that happen if uniforms are so all important to recruits?
And, they play outdoors, in the cold, in the snow!

I didn't mean to start another anti-uniform thread, this is merely a complaint about the shot they selected to represent Syracuse Football. There are PLENTY of shots to select from that would promote us but it feels like they intentionally chose a highlight that gave us as little exposure as possible.

Every other school got a bad ass highlight / cool shot yet they completely disregarded us and the DOME.

Let's hope Wildhack doesn't let this happen again.

How can our unis be recognizable when we wear a different combo each week? Don't blame the ACC conspirators, blame Nike and those in the SU athletic department that allowed this to happen.

He11, look at Ped St; simple, classic uniforms and winning tradition seems to trump all the negative Sandusky/Paterno p-e-d-o-p-h-i-l-i-a news. How does that happen if uniforms are so all important to recruits?
Because I was curious :)

I didn't mean to start another anti-uniform thread, this is merely a complaint about the shot they selected to represent Syracuse Football. There are PLENTY of shots to select from that would promote us but it feels like they intentionally chose a highlight that gave us as little exposure as possible.

Every other school got a bad ass highlight / cool shot yet they completely disregarded us and the DOME.

Let's hope Wildhack doesn't let this happen again.
Actually your post made me care a bit more about unis. I mean, you're right about selecting which shots to include in a compilation but that could be avoided by having unis that are obviously Syracuse all the time.

Different for the traditional powers than others.

Go down the list of reasons kids use to pick schools and pick ones the AD has control over.

You have a double-digit number of teams in a :30 ad. Who. Cares.

Syracuse (and Pitt, BC, etc.) are "made (wo)men" in a traditionally Southern conference, our football team stinks and really, who gets influenced by this?

On a good note, SU has one of THE best University ads out there that ends with Biden and the co-ed. Every other school does the diversity play with a splitting atom, shots of bearded 50-something old tenured faculty preaching, etc. etc.

All Orange would have confused viewers with Clemson

You have a double-digit number of teams in a :30 ad. Who. Cares.

Syracuse (and Pitt, BC, etc.) are "made (wo)men" in a traditionally Southern conference, our football team stinks and really, who gets influenced by this?

On a good note, SU has one of THE best University ads out there that ends with Biden and the co-ed. Every other school does the diversity play with a splitting atom, shots of bearded 50-something old tenured faculty preaching, etc. etc.
Emphasizing Joe Biden, especially considering the plagiarizing case that sunk his first run for President occurred at SU, is just stupid.