ACC TV Commercial | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC TV Commercial

It really pisses me off when I see that 30 second ACC commmercial they've been running on league games lately. It's got a rocking song with great action shots of every ACC team but the 1 shot they use for Cuse we're in all blue unis so you can't even tell it's us.

The first time I didn't even realize we made the cut so rewound to find a shot of AET making a great grab vs ND at MetLife but the blue uniforms ensure that no one sees Syracuse football in this ad.

They should have used a shot of us in orange unis scoring in the Dome.

Maybe I'm paranoid but it honestly strikes me as someone went out of their way to limit our exposure.
Bothers me too...I've also noticed they show the team logo for every school but Cuse as well.

Bothers me too...I've also noticed they show the team logo for every school but Cuse as well.
Our logo is there Macky - upper right - I checked b/c it doesn't really pop.

Idk how anyone can think it doesn't matter that we have zero visibility in an ACC commercial. It doesn't matter that we're a new comer to the conference, we're equal members and should get equal exposure.

We have current and future recruits watching these ads and if they don't see SU in an ACC football commercial it definitely hurts our brand.

Our logo is there Macky - upper right - I checked b/c it doesn't really pop.

Idk how anyone can think it doesn't matter that we have zero visibility in an ACC commercial. It doesn't matter that we're a new comer to the conference, we're equal members and should get equal exposure.

We have current and future recruits watching these ads and if they don't see SU in an ACC football commercial it definitely hurts our brand.

It does not do a damn thing to our brand.

It does not do a damn thing to our brand.
Um, maybe you don't understand the term or concept of brand, but by the very definition of branding it 1000% hurts ours.

Having an ACC commercial where every team is visible except ours hurts the Syracuse brand.

There is nothing to debate on this.

Um, maybe you don't understand the term or concept of brand, but by the very definition of branding it 1000% hurts ours.

Having an ACC commercial where every team is visible except ours hurts the Syracuse brand.

Educate me! What's the definition of brand? And explain to me - slowly because you seem to have expertise - so I can understand.

Thanks.

Um, Mad does more than anyone else on this site.

Someone is gonna go Zapruder film on that ad now.

Way, way too much over-thinking about this commercial. The prior one had 2 separate segments (one with orange helmets in the dome). It's not a conspiracy.

I guess some people don't react well to the term "brand". It seems to push buttons.

Idk maybe it comes off as elite or snobby or something but I'm surprised that any Syracuse football fan would be OK with us basically not being included in an ACC football commercial that ran for weeks on every league game.

Personally I think we need to fight for every inch to be relevant again and getting exposure in an ACC TV commercial should be a given.

I guess some people don't react well to the term "brand". It seems to push buttons.

Idk maybe it comes off as elite or snobby or something but I'm surprised that any Syracuse football fan would be OK with us basically not being included in an ACC football commercial that ran for weeks on every league game.

Personally I think we need to fight for every inch to be relevant again and getting exposure in an ACC TV commercial should be a given.

We're the ones who wore the unrecognizable uniforms, particularly in what was probably the most high profile game of the year in NYC against Notre Dame. But I guess it''s easier for you to whine about the footage the ACC chose to use and pretend it's some sort of conspiracy theory.

If people don't recognize the SU player, is an SU player, it's because we've sucked for 10+ years, not the uniform.

Yeah, except we were included.

We're the ones who wore the unrecognizable uniforms, particularly in what was probably the most high profile game of the year in NYC against Notre Dame. But I guess it''s easier for you to whine about the footage the ACC chose to use and pretend it's some sort of conspiracy theory.
Lol lighten up bud. We're just having some fun on a message board here.

I get that some folks are really angry about the unis but it's still a bad job by whoever produced that ad. It's not like there isn't plenty of footage of us in Orange at their disposal. Why not use it?

I'm sure Wildhack isn't happy about it.

On a good note, SU has one of THE best University ads out there that ends with Biden and the co-ed. Every other school does the diversity play with a splitting atom, shots of bearded 50-something old tenured faculty preaching, etc. etc.

we do have the best commercial out there, I hope if they decide to update it eventually they use the same type of compilation

Relevancy will come only with winning. Or losing games 76-61 in football, but that's a bad relevancy.

It really pisses me off when I see that 30 second ACC commmercial they've been running on league games lately. It's got a rocking song with great action shots of every ACC team but the 1 shot they use for Cuse we're in all blue unis so you can't even tell it's us.

The first time I didn't even realize we made the cut so rewound to find a shot of AET making a great grab vs ND at MetLife but the blue uniforms ensure that no one sees Syracuse football in this ad.

They should have used a shot of us in orange unis scoring in the Dome.

Maybe I'm paranoid but it honestly strikes me as someone went out of their way to limit our exposure.
Nope they chose a shot that had Notre Dame in it well because its Notre Dame and WE chose to wear blue while playing a team who's colors are blue and gold.

Let's put this thread to bed. Bigger branding story:

1 second of a clip shown only to ACC extra audiences where the beef involves unis?!

OR

We have our first All-American WR (a position who catches passes for any new-to-Syracuse fandom in the last 4 years or so).

OR

We had our biggest win vs the ACC championship runner-up and maybe an even bigger viral video to follow.

I mean c'mon. Considering that we had a losing season - those two stories are freaking gold!

But yeah, we should have worn unis with orange for that limited clip to a limited audience.