AD Name to keep an eye on | Syracusefan.com

AD Name to keep an eye on

OrangeBlood

Starter
Keep hearing John Hardt, AD at Bucknell. He helped SU through the 90s violations and virtually rebuilt the compliance program following those violation.

"Hardt began his tenure at Bucknell on February 15, 2000, after serving four years as associate director of athletics at Michigan State University. While there, Hardt supervised the sports medicine staff, strength and conditioning, equipment operations, computing and tech services and NCAA/Big Ten rules compliance. In addition, he handled legal and contractual issues for the department.

Prior to his tenure at MSU, Hardt spent five years at Syracuse University as director of athletic compliance and four years with the NCAA’s national office as a compliance representative.
A native Iowan, Hardt is a 1984 honors graduate of the University of Iowa, and he was a member of the Hawkeyes’ 1982 Rose Bowl football team. He later earned his law degree from Iowa and is a doctoral candidate in Iowa’s College of Education."

Hmmm...

"Hardt began his tenure at Bucknell on February 15, 2000, after serving four years as associate director of athletics at Michigan State University. While there, Hardt supervised the sports medicine staff, strength and conditioning, equipment operations, computing and tech services and NCAA/Big Ten rules compliance. In addition, he handled legal and contractual issues for the department.

Prior to his tenure at MSU, Hardt spent five years at Syracuse University as director of athletic compliance and four years with the NCAA’s national office as a compliance representative.
A native Iowan, Hardt is a 1984 honors graduate of the University of Iowa, and he was a member of the Hawkeyes’ 1982 Rose Bowl football team. He later earned his law degree from Iowa and is a doctoral candidate in Iowa’s College of Education."

Hmmm...

Not flashy like the UnderArmour guy but seems like someone the Chancellor would like. Also, he was a finalist when Doc got the job.

http://www.bucknellbison.com/ViewAr...30&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210020970&DB_OEM_ID=32100

"Throughout my career, I have always strived to stay involved by serving on committees at the NCAA and Patriot League levels, such as the NCAA Division I Leadership Council. Interacting with peers from all over the country is not only personally rewarding, but the sharing of ideas is often beneficial professionally. In recent years, I have served on the NCAA Baseball and FCS Football Committees, and now I am in my first full year on the NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Committee. I gained an appreciation for the sport of lacrosse during my days as an administrator at Syracuse in the early 1990s, and I am greatly enjoying my time on the committee so far."

http://www.bucknellbison.com/ViewAr...30&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210020970&DB_OEM_ID=32100

"Throughout my career, I have always strived to stay involved by serving on committees at the NCAA and Patriot League levels, such as the NCAA Division I Leadership Council. Interacting with peers from all over the country is not only personally rewarding, but the sharing of ideas is often beneficial professionally. In recent years, I have served on the NCAA Baseball and FCS Football Committees, and now I am in my first full year on the NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Committee. I gained an appreciation for the sport of lacrosse during my days as an administrator at Syracuse in the early 1990s, and I am greatly enjoying my time on the committee so far."
Some things of interest about John Hardt...

He reinstituted wrestling at Bucknell in 2006-07.

Signed up Bucknell athletics with adidas. He is not a Nike guy.

Bucknell has the nation's best graduation rate for athletics.

SRPLTHEXYHSTAPQ.20130924224914.jpg

...and he looks a lot like this famous sports executive:

BK.jpg

What are his feelings on #Restore44?! Inquiring minds want to know??!! :D:D

My biggest questions are, how is his record with coaching hires? Is he plugged in to whats going on in the revenue sports world? How would he increase revenue and donor/fundraising support?

Nice tie

How does he get his hair to go back like that? Impressive.

At least he wears the right tie and jacket combination!

Yes, he spent five years at Syracuse University in athletic compliance.

So, he has what I feel is very important - a connection to the University.

Isn't the guy at William & Mary available also? That's just great. Why do I always hold out hope that they will do something to become big time? I should have learned by now.

Isn't the guy at William & Mary available also? That's just great. Why do I always hold out hope that they will do something to become big time? I should have learned by now.

Really? What are you proposing we go after Alabama's AD or perhaps Texas'. Syracuse is closer to Bucknell than either of those schools.

Hardt/Carparelli 2015. That's the ticket.

Hardt as AD overseeing budgets, fundraising, academics, etc.

Carp as his right hand man, handling scheduling, merchandising, unis, etc.

I know, I know...don't judge a book by it's cover...

But this guy totally looks like the old status quo. Iowa, compliance offer, Bucknell...seems very vanilla.

Really? What are you proposing we go after Alabama's AD or perhaps Texas'. Syracuse is closer to Bucknell than either of those schools.

Syracuse is closer to Bucknell. Yeah, that's the problem junior. Do we want to be another Bucknell or Wake Forest? I'd rather get closer to something like Virginia Tech or Louisville.

Syracuse is closer to Bucknell. Yeah, that's the problem junior. Do we want to be another Bucknell or Wake Forest? I'd rather get closer to something like Virginia Tech or Louisville.

Well since they are both state supported public universities the only way you will get close is if SUNY and SU decided to merge and make SU the flagship of SUNY. The likelihood of that happening are 0.00%.

Well since they are both state supported public universities the only way you will get close is if SUNY and SU decided to merge and make SU the flagship of SUNY. The likelihood of that happening are 0.00%.
Because there are no other private u's that play P5 football successfully...like Miami, BC, Stanford, USC, Northwestern, or even dare I say Duke the last few years. The public/private argument is BS.

Because there are no other private u's that play P5 football successfully...like Miami, BC, Stanford, USC, Northwestern, or even dare I say Duke the last few years. The public/private argument is BS.

OK name the AD at any one of those schools without looking it up, and Hayden doesn't count because he is an alumni.

OK name the AD at any one of those schools without looking it up, and Hayden doesn't count because he is an alumni.
Don't understand your point. What difference does it make what their AD's name is? I'm just stating a preference to get an AD that will move SU more toward having a winning football program like those u's who play in major conferences. I'm not asking to become Alabama or Texas. You apparently are OK with becoming a small time program like a Bucknell etc. We just disagree. And that's OK.

Well, Stanford's AD isn't going anywhere. BC's got an idiot (based on his decision to hire Christian over Hop), Miami's AD won't fire Golden so I'm out on that one...who's next?

Madbiker said:
Don't understand your point. What difference does it make what their AD's name is? I'm just stating a preference to get an AD that will move SU more toward having a winning football program like those u's who play in major conferences. I'm not asking to become Alabama or Texas. You apparently are OK with becoming a small time program like a Bucknell etc. We just disagree. And that's OK.

You get the idea of promotions and upward mobility, right? Like guys at smaller schools that do a good job are hungry and ready for a larger job?

Most of the AD's at giant schools were AD's of smaller schools first.

He sounds great if all you're concerned about is compliance. How are his athletic teams coaching hires etc?

Omg what an ignorant comment!!! Syracuse athletically is MUCH more like Texas and Alabama How could you make such a statement??? Syracuse is major power in college athletics at the highest level Bucknell isn't even Ivy League

BTW are previous AD was assistant AD with USC. Are you saying SU is nothing like them either?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom