AD Name to keep an eye on | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

AD Name to keep an eye on

Because there are no other private u's that play P5 football successfully...like Miami, BC, Stanford, USC, Northwestern, or even dare I say Duke the last few years. The public/private argument is BS.
Our last AD came from Southern Cal, and his first Head Football Coach hire, how'd that work out?

You get the idea of promotions and upward mobility, right? Like guys at smaller schools that do a good job are hungry and ready for a larger job?

Most of the AD's at giant schools were AD's of smaller schools first.

Right on the money.

He maybe vanilla, but i know someone on the hill who likes that flavor. Maybe we need a little stability. Gross did some great things but his oversight also led to sanctions. It's a delicate balance.

Isn't the guy at William & Mary available also? That's just great. Why do I always hold out hope that they will do something to become big time? I should have learned by now.
He did 4 years as associate AD at Michigan St. That seems pretty big time to me.

Nicastro has led Villanova to excellance on the field in all sports. Football and basketball are tops. He runs a clean program. He is very well respected on a national basis. He has taken the Vclub to the highest level of participation in the history of the school.

Guy is big time and we might just be able to land him

Some things of interest about John Hardt...

He reinstituted wrestling at Bucknell in 2006-07.

Signed up Bucknell athletics with adidas. He is not a Nike guy.

Bucknell has the nation's best graduation rate for athletics.

SRPLTHEXYHSTAPQ.20130924224914.jpg

I would rather not screw with Nike.

I like the idea of looking inward for answers. Our next AD can't look elsewhere to figure out what we are, do well and how we can succeed. With this as the bar we really could select many candidates but someone familiar with us and wants to be here long term would be ideal.

What about a guy like Mike Strickland from the ACC. He heads up football for the conf and has a heck of a background

Because there are no other private u's that play P5 football successfully...like Miami, BC, Stanford, USC, Northwestern, or even dare I say Duke the last few years. The public/private argument is BS.

You really can't even compare SU to Stanford, USC, NW or Duke or BC or ND - they are awash in endowment money - they are wealthy schools.

Syracuse University is hardly in that category.

And Miami is in the heart of the football talent pool, and even that fact has not helped that program all that much in the past few years.

So, I'm not sure you can compare SU to the U.

But, certainly when it comes to athletics, SU is in a different world than a Bucknell.

I disagree with the implication that he is out of touch with how things work at P5 schools.
i think its a fair concern.

P5's are doing things off the grid, including possibly sececiding from the ncaa...and we could bring a guy in from the freakin patriot league of all leagues??

no way.

hes a great candidate as somebody said to be under the man in charge, but right now we need a forward thinker, whos likely already knee deep in the slop.

still like carparelli...

Nicastro has led Villanova to excellance on the field in all sports. Football and basketball are tops. He runs a clean program. He is very well respected on a national basis. He has taken the Vclub to the highest level of participation in the history of the school.

Guy is big time and we might just be able to land him
I know nothing about this guy, but we would need to take a close look at his involvement, if any, in the decision-making regarding Villanova's move to FBS football. I'm not trashing their decision, but the public wavering back and forth really screwed the pooch.

Couple of things, i dont care about a budget man. I think we have the proper guy at the top to keep things in line. I want a fund raiser and a visionary leader that surrounds himself with good people. Just my two cents.

Im big on Warde Manuel. Dont think he will leave Uconn for Cuse. He will go to Michigan if anything

Sean Frazier from NIU. I will keep posting his name until he gets hired. Or until I get institutionalized.

I don't know enough to suggest other candidates but I couldn't be less excited about the Bucknell guy. Sure it's nice to be a big compliance guy but I want an aggressive and progressive thinking AD. Someone with big dreams for the future not a guy who began working in the 1960's

Sorry but if we're giving someone their big break it needs to be someone younger

CusefanATL said:
I would rather not screw with Nike.

Why? Has the Nike affiliation done such wonders for our athletic programs that couldn't be replicated with a different show/apparel company? Besides, most people haven't exactly been thrilled with what they've done with our uniforms. I just don't get the hand wringing over the affiliation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom