Adam Silver | Syracusefan.com

Adam Silver

Fjoinkay

Starter
embraces more transparency for NBA officials which translates to more responsibility. Quality officiating improves the basketball product because the sporting audience is smarter than ever and expects the officials to enforce the rules evenly with consistency. I really never thought I'd see the day when the NBA is more transparent than the NCAA.

Yeah, and he also embraces stretching the season another week. Looks like they are in a race with the NHL to have a year around season. Oh Lord

Stretching the season is about giving players more time off and reducing the number of back to backs...while not cutting the revenue generated by tv or reducing the number of games.

Yeah, and he also embraces stretching the season another week. Looks like they are in a race with the NHL to have a year around season. Oh Lord

What's so bad about basketball being played year round? You can argue it's as much as a summer sport as it is winter.

Last edited:
embraces more transparency for NBA officials which translates to more responsibility. Quality officiating improves the basketball product because the sporting audience is smarter than ever and expects the officials to enforce the rules evenly with consistency. I really never thought I'd see the day when the NBA is more transparent than the NCAA.

What exactly has he done? I am genuinely curious. How has officiating become more objective and/or less obnoxious. Do refs get press conferences now? Salary based on performance? What is it?

I keep staring at the turd but it still looks like a turd to me.

Obviously not that smart because they're still watching a turd - now it's just a slightly more appealing turd with some undigested matter to keep you distracted from the fact that you're fixated on a turd.

Turd.

What exactly has he done? I am genuinely curious. How has officiating become more objective and/or less obnoxious. Do refs get press conferences now? Salary based on performance? What is it?

Obviously not that smart because they're still watching a turd - now it's just a slightly more appealing turd with some undigested matter to keep you distracted from the fact that you're fixated on a turd.

Turd.

Pretty sure there's something that analyzes every close call in the final few minutes of a game to determine whether the officials got it right.

Breath awareness in LA last night! Great game all around.

Up until the foul called on Duncan and then the odd horn or inadvertent whistle (still not sure what that was just before the final play of the game) the final 3 or 4 minutes of the game were beautiful. The officials let them play, and we saw an amazing finish. Has the NBA ever been better? Not that I recall.

Doc Rivers almost stopped breathing when his son was called for a shooting foul late in the 3rd. Personally, I had no problem with the call, but I could understand Doc's frustration. But then CP3 hit a dagger 3 at the buzzer to end the period with an exclamation point. It was a Matrix-like moment where the building seemed to momentarily expand horizontally and then to contract reverberating back and forth quickly until settling into it's designed form. The breath was back in the building, and the stage was set for the fantastic finish.

I have no idea who will win the NBA finals!

Last edited:
I agree that was a great game 7 for sure. So many big shots by both teams back and forth, especially in the last 4-5 minutes.

Hats off to CP3 playing with that hamstring injury and killing it last night. They got a tough round 2 match-up with Houston that is for sure.

Turd.
Gave this a like even though I disagree because the prose brought a tear to my eye.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom