Addazio reporting us to ACC... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Addazio reporting us to ACC...

Agreed. If he gets a game for that, that would be a complete injustice. There were no punches thrown. It was some shoving. Addazio is such a punk. Let it go dude, you lost.

Yup. If he gets a game, give the kid who hit Dungey late the first play of the game, a game too. What's the difference? The BC kid initiated the incident on the sideline after the play, not Dungey.

Addazio is a big freakin baby, and this is all a bunch of garbage over nothing. No way any of our players gets anything, and who cares about the Director of whatever. Won't affect anything.

that's about right. A carefully worded "reprimand" where it is emphasized Wittke was only trying to break up a fracas and it was regrettable that the BC player fell. A non-apology apology and how the game is played. Addazio saves face, nothing of consequence happens, and everyone moves on.

• Dungey showed a lot of balls on this play. Fends off a block where most QBs would crumble. Body slams the ball carrier (obviously a deserved unsportsmanlike). Then get in the face of a trash talking Milano and shoves him? Then proceeds to look for more? Not only is he a leader by his play on the field, he's showing that he will back down from nobody which has got to give him lots of respect on the locker room. Love this kid!

• Dungey showed a lot of balls on this play. Fends off a block where most QBs would crumble. Body slams the ball carrier (obviously a deserved unsportsmanlike). Then get in the face of a trash talking Milano and shoves him? Then proceeds to look for more? Not only is he a leader by his play on the field, he's showing that he will back down from nobody which has got to give him lots of respect on the locker room. Love this kid!

But as Dino said, he also needs to be smarter than that.

Hope his wrist doesn't hurt too badly ;)
stock-photo-friendly-priest-admonishes-angry-nun-for-using-ruler-as-a-corporal-punishment-tool-44304409.jpg

Article and comments make it look like there will be something from this

My guess Dungey gets a game and Witke is off sidelines remainder of season

With that said I hope we appeal and BC gets slammed for instigating and those that left the sideline get suspensions too

dungey should not get a game for shoving the kid who taunted him

ACC isn't suspending Dungey. They are smarter than that. We are sitting 4-4, BC is just awful. The scrum is much ado about nothing. There is more crap at the bottom of a pile than that scuffle

Article and comments make it look like there will be something from this

My guess Dungey gets a game and Witke is off sidelines remainder of season

With that said I hope we appeal and BC gets slammed for instigating and those that left the sideline get suspensions too
Comments from who? The Dazzler, the way I read it was that the league had no comment.

if a public reprimand is all that comes of it, i am greatly relieved. we(he) can now move on . i consider this a good outcome for him no suspension or firing. on to clemson. kudos to acc for not making a mountain out of a mole hill

Random people on twitter were laughing about the "Cuse QB taking down all of Boston College." He took it just far enough.

This trend is infuriating me. These football idiots are all talk on the head injury problem while tolerating free shots at a sliding player's head.

It drives me nuts that Dungey doesn't dive forward head first to make sure his head is clear of an opposing defender.

Whoever suggested sliding feet first to protect QBs is a moron. Their heads are at the worst height - high enough to still be intentionally smashed and low enough to bounce hard off the ground. Duh-umb.

if you slid feet first there is supposed to be no contact with the D.. not that its called much

if you slid feet first there is supposed to be no contact with the D.. not that its called much

Right. But to me it's a big risk that a defensive player won't lay a kill shot on a QB when they're most vulnerable.

Sliding feet first would work if it were an ejection worthy offense to make any contact with the QB.

It drives me nuts that Dungey doesn't dive forward head first to make sure his head is clear of an opposing defender.

Whoever suggested sliding feet first to protect QBs is a moron. Their heads are at the worst height - high enough to still be intentionally smashed and low enough to bounce hard off the ground. Duh-umb.
Diving allows the defensive player to hit you to prevent further forward gain. Sliding is giving yourself up and it's supposed to end the play immediately. That's why they're taught to slide, not dive. Refs letting contact occur is a separate issue than the rule itself. What makes it difficult for refs to flag contact is that QBs usually wait until the very last instant to slide and the defender is already into his tackling motion.

Right. But to me it's a big risk that a defensive player won't lay a kill shot on a QB when they're most vulnerable.

Sliding feet first would work if it were an ejection worthy offense to make any contact with the QB.
I think it's because head first is like diving for extra yardage. If you do that, you're fair game for any kind of normal hit. The object is to give up, which is what feet first is for. As far as avoiding a hit to the head, the quicker he gets his head down, the better. Something to practice.

The rules make it tough for defenders. You can't hit high but if you hit low, you're more likely to make head contact with a sliding QB.

I think it's because head first is like diving for extra yardage. If you do that, you're fair game for any kind of normal hit. The object is to give up, which is what feet first is for. As far as avoiding a hit to the head, the quicker he gets his head down, the better. Something to practice.

The rules make it tough for defenders. You can't hit high but if you hit low, you're more likely to make head contact with a sliding QB.
Putting your head down in football is an absolute bad idea and goes against everything in coaching.

For some to suggest to lower your head and dive forward, is super dumb and is a good way to get your neck broken.

Good points and you're 100% correct that it wouldn't be an issue if QBs timed it better. I've seen too many QBs at all levels get blasted when sliding feet first.

I think they'd be better off getting down early like a receiver in traffic does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom