Admin, help! | Syracusefan.com

Admin, help!

B

BillSU

BillSU here. I bought a new computer last week. Every time I go to view this site which is every day, I am asked to log in so I have to go through getting a new password and reapplying every time. Any suggestions how I may stay logged in? swike7ct@comcast.net bees, tomcat? Never had this problem before and I've been here a long time.

When it asks you to log in... Your old password doesnt work anymore?

No idea. I'll look into it.

First suggestion - try a different browser and see if you have the same trouble.

Last edited:
I've noticed this as well. I always asked to "stay logged in". But every other day I have to re-enter my ID/PW. Just wondering what the fuss is about -- it's not like this site has our nuclear security codes.

I've noticed this as well. I always asked to "stay logged in". But every other day I have to re-enter my ID/PW. Just wondering what the fuss is about -- it's not like this site has our nuclear security codes.

As I understand it, he is being asked to enter a new password, not simply log back in.

BillSU here. I bought a new computer last week. Every time I go to view this site which is every day, I am asked to log in so I have to go through getting a new password and reapplying every time. Any suggestions how I may stay logged in? swike7ct@comcast.net bees, tomcat? Never had this problem before and I've been here a long time.

Please post a screen shot of what you are being asked to do.

If you click "Stay Logged In" you will remain logged in as long as you keep the browser open, even if you surf to other sites and then come back to this one. But, once you close your browser and then start the browser another time and come back to log into this site, you have to re-enter your login and password. At least that's my experience, which I assume was normal. Not a big deal for me.

If you click "Stay Logged In" you will remain logged in as long as you keep the browser open, even if you surf to other sites and then come back to this one. But, once you close your browser and then start the browser another time and come back to log into this site, you have to re-enter your login and password. At least that's my experience, which I assume was normal. Not a big deal for me.
It could also depend on whether or not you delete cookies (automatically?) when you close the browser. I very seldom have to log in again when I open my browser and navigate to the site. Only when I have deleted cookies do I have to log in again. I am using Firefox.

It could also depend on whether or not you delete cookies (automatically?) when you close the browser. I very seldom have to log in again when I open my browser and navigate to the site. Only when I have deleted cookies do I have to log in again. I am using Firefox.
That is exactly why I wrote the single word "cookies"? early in this string. Many people do have delete cookies when closing. If you do this, there is normally an option to hold cookies for certain websites that you go to frequently.
You should not have to do this. You are wiping out the cookie for this website allowing you to log in without re-entering info.

cookies?

images

Well you are probably right. I think my setting in Firefox, which I also use, deletes cookies each time I close it. Will have to change that and try again. Thanks!

Well you are probably right. I think my setting in Firefox, which I also use, deletes cookies each time I close it. Will have to change that and try again. Thanks!

Bad cookies will not require anyone to create a new password.

As I understand it, he is being asked to enter a new password, not simply log back in.
Ok, I saw that. But I'm also having log-in issues.

I don't have the problem and looking at my bookmarked url there is no "www" so temery's above suggestion might be the answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom