Adopt a Platoon news!!! | Syracusefan.com

Adopt a Platoon news!!!

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
Hey everyone!

So a little update on our Adopt a Platoon program. The first set of boxes were sent out to the combat zone this month! 4 soldiers will receive a care package every month until they get back home. If you would like to participate, let me know, and we can get some more soldiers to support!

We have received word from the Battalion Chaplain that our "Hardnosed" football shirts arrived, and "they were a HUGE hit for the whole battalion. Thanks so much for the T-shirts and all you have done for us"
The troops will be able to toss these shirts on while they are working out at the gym. It will give them a chance, even just for a few minutes a day, to get out of uniform, and relax a little.

northacuse had quite a surprise when he checked his mail box the other day. Two envelopes from the 1/32nd INF, Fort Drum! One was addressed to him, and the other addressed to Syracuse Alumni (they just assumed that syracusefan.com was an alumni organization) Both contained letters thanking us for the contributions to the Soldiers' welfare while deployed to Afghanistan, signed by the battalion CSM (Command Sergeant Major). Also, each envelope contained a COA (Certificate of Appreciation) signed by both the CSM and Battalion Commander!

Northacuse will bring these items to the first tailgate of the year, so everyone can see them. He is also going to try to post pictures to this thread.

I'm very excited with all this recent news. Northa and I were starting to worry that the bad guys got our shipment!

Whether you were able to participate or not, we are all one big family here, and we should all feel very proud of the actions of this message board. What started out as just an idea, turned into something really cool, and has the potential to get even better!

We are hoping to hear back from the soldiers that we are supporting, and will let you know when we do!

I'd like to give a special shout out to Northacuse, he led the way with the SU football shirts, and getting them to the troops. The Chaplain was very excited about the idea, and judging from his email, the troops were even more excited to receive them. Northa also set up shop at the last few football tailgates taking donations. Cold, windy, gloomy days didn't stop them. It was a pleasure to meet him and his wife at the BC game. He also gave up garage, and basement space to store all of the items that were donated. You are the man, buddy!

Can't wait to see everyone at the Nova game!

Last edited:
photo.PNG

Again, They assumed that this was an alumni board. Non alumni, this is for us too!

I would just like to add my thanks along with CuseTroop's to those who contributed money and or/goods to what we felt is a very worthy cause. Even though it is planned to bring our troops home by year's end, there are indications that there will still be an American troop presence, however small, in that armpit of the world, Afghanistan. If we can't bring 'em all home, then hopefully we can show our appreciation for their service in some small way.

Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom