After getting ejected, do you want to see Hunt play against Central Michigan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

After getting ejected, do you want to see Hunt play against Central Michigan

Do you want Hunt to play against Central Michigan

• Yes

Votes: 73 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 29.7%

• Total voters
All Hunt was doing was moving his left hand to the ground to get up and the Nova's facemask happened to be in the way. No big deal.
tumblr_lvps7vMoy61qdna0x.jpg

Just saw the replay again. Definitely a punch. Definitely stupid.

Way to pile on "fans!" The guy he punched hit him in the back late. That was a weak ejection decision. Letter of the law, fine. But, it is ridiculous for our own fans to pile on. By this response, you'd think he led an on field riot. Players punch and push players face masks all the time. Cuse fans can be the absolute worst.

Way to pile on "fans!" The guy he punched hit him in the back late. That was a weak ejection decision. Letter of the law, fine. But, it is ridiculous for our own fans to pile on. By this response, you'd think he led an on field riot. Players punch and push players face masks all the time. Cuse fans can be the absolute worst.

It's an actual rule that if you throw a punch you are automatically ejected.

Are you kidding?

He threw a punch dude. And he was on his feet when the second tackler came in.

This is college football, not ladies fieldhockey. It wasn't some malicious haymaker. I'm talking about the f him fan reaction. Dumb move yes. I think 15 yard penalty is plenty. Fans hoping he gets benched next game=ridiculous.

This is college football, not ladies fieldhockey. It wasn't some malicious haymaker. I'm talking about the f him fan reaction. Dumb move yes. I think 15 yard penalty is plenty. Fans hoping he gets benched next game=ridiculous.
No one is rooting for him to fail, but in no way shape or form is a punch acceptable.

To me it's more about keeping your cool and leadership as the QB. Yes it's football. Yes it's a dumb move.

we lose him for central Michigan as well, correct? I think that is rule

It was very curious to me when our starting QB was not named captain (I wanted to post that when captains were announced but did not want to be negative).. There seems to be a little more clarity why his teammates did not vote him captain now... Unfortunately

He's no Marvin Graves....Marvin got away with his emotions.

Yes it was horrible leadership and Terrell has to know better than that and I expected better from him. But one time I made a mistake too.
was it at band camp?

He threw a punch and deserved to be ejected because that's the rule but let's be real, that's a weak sauce rule when someone gets ejected for doing what he did.

...and yes I want him to play, What kind of question is this?

What would they do at all of the SEC schools? ;)

He's no Marvin Graves...Marvin got away with his emotions.
Ha. I see mentions from time to time on the West Virginia board about how much they still loathe the dirty SOB Marvin Graves.

He threw a punch and deserved to be ejected because that's the rule but let's be real, that's a weak sauce rule when someone gets ejected for doing what he did.

...and yes I want him to play, What kind of question is this?

Why is it such a weak sauce rule? Under no condition should a player throw a punch on the football field. Hunt showed poor leadership tonight and almost caused his team to lose an embarrassing game that would have set this program back a couple of years. As a team leader he needs lead by example. He should be kicked out for that punch and I believe the ACC will suspend him next game also.

Why is it such a weak sauce rule? Under no condition should a player throw a punch on the football field. Hunt showed poor leadership tonight and almost caused his team to lose an embarrassing game that would have set this program back a couple of years. As a team leader he needs lead by example. He should be kicked out for that punch and I believe the ACC will suspend him next game also.
Oh no! He punched someone in the helmet! Ruthless transgression.

Players do 10x worse on the bottom of the pile. Stupid rule. These "punches" they rule against are usually more shoves than punches as it was in Hunt's case as well.

I think the NCAA would only suspend him for next game if the punch occurred in the second half.

I watched TH come all alone to Dan's funeral, stand in line for an hour and a half to pay his respects to Dan and his family. He's a good young man who made a mistake that he, his team and coaches are paying dearly for. It happened right in front of me - he got hit from behind and it appeared that the guy rolled on his head and Hunt reacted poorly by taking a stupid shot as he was getting up. I'm certain the coaches know his character and I trust that both he and the staff will handle this the best way for everyone involved. This isn't a guy who got away with something without out any repercussions.