After getting ejected, do you want to see Hunt play against Central Michigan | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

After getting ejected, do you want to see Hunt play against Central Michigan

Do you want Hunt to play against Central Michigan

• Yes

Votes: 73 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 29.7%

• Total voters
Poll and everything. Debate away. It's inexcusable to have your starting QB with only one non freshman behind him not only get ejected, but throw a punch.

https://vine.co/v/OBZntxbLhAu

is this a serious question?

seriously, i ask that question... it must be 100% yes to 0% no.

Hunt was a moron for throwing the punch... but it in no way actually should have equaled a suspension.

we lose him for central Michigan as well, correct? I think that is rule
That is the rule in basketball. I do not think it is applied in football.

I watched TH come all alone to Dan's funeral, stand in line for an hour and a half to pay his respects to Dan and his family. He's a good young man who made a mistake that he, his team and coaches are paying dearly for. It happened right in front of me - he got hit from behind and it appeared that the guy rolled on his head and Hunt reacted poorly by taking a stupid shot as he was getting up. I'm certain the coaches know his character and I trust that both he and the staff will handle this the best way for everyone involved. This isn't a guy who got away with something without out any repercussions.
That is exactly the way I saw it, but he must be made to understand that it is simply not acceptable from a QB and team leader. I am unsure if he will be further suspended by the ACC or NCAA rules, if not I think the coaches can "explain" the error he just made and we will move on. A repitition of such behavior would however be cause for harsh punitive action by the staff.

usually more shoves than punches as it was in Hunt's case as well.

Hunt's closed fist, left hook to the helmet was a shove? Interesting. And experts always say that two people who saw the same thing can come away with completely different interpretations. I didn't think there was another interpretation for what Hunt did, apparently I was wrong.

Dillon , the Villanova player , intentionally continued the play on the ground and was trying to force Hunt's helmet off by pushing under his facemask. That is why Hunt reacted as he did to a dirty play. He obviously pulled the "punch" as it did not hit Dillon squarely at point blank range. Off setting personal fouls should have been the extent of the officials action.

What's was hunt trying to do, break his hand? Even my 6 yr old girl asked, "daddy why did he punch the other guy when he had a helmet on." I had no good answer.

he threw a punch, he should be gone for the whole next game, no questions answered... this isnt the SEC

we can win with either qb if the play is to west or the kid from Rochester down field.

creeker46 said:
he threw a punch, he should be gone for the whole next game, no questions answered... this isnt the SEC

Players throw punches in games and don't get ejected. Why add another game?

Open for interpretation

"When a player is disqualified from the game due to a flagrant personal foul, that team's conference shall automatically initiate a video review for possible additional sanctions before the next scheduled game."

looks like the defender grabbed Hunt's face mask.

Give Hunt a penalty but an ejection is silly

Players throw punches in games and don't get ejected. Why add another game?
He threw a punch, on tv in front of the refs, its on the front page of sportscenter, not the win, the punch. He should be benched, Id be suprised if he isnt

He over reacted to a late hit by the D He was thrown out as he should have been. I doubt that he will be suspended for another game. I think the punishment fit the crime and i agree that he is a good kid. Time to move on

The punch was right in front of me. As soon as the flags came out, I said they were going to throw him out. They had to. He swung, and he made contact with the defender's face. Pretty textbook. Any argument over whether it was justified or a good rule is pettyfogging the issue.

looks like the defender grabbed Hunt's face mask.

Give Hunt a penalty but an ejection is silly

By rule automatic ejection is required if a punch is thrown.

He threw a punch and deserved to be ejected because that's the rule but let's be real, that's a weak sauce rule when someone gets ejected for doing what he did.

...and yes I want him to play, What kind of question is this?
Ejecting players for throwing punches is a "weak sauce" rule? I guess...but either way it is the rule, Hunt is aware of that rule, and he paid the price for it. He's the starting qb- totally unacceptable to get yourself tossed in a tight game like that. Bad judgement is not a good quality in your qb- especially one with more or less average physical skills. Either way I don't think he merits a suspension from Shafer- hopefully he does not get one from the league.

Some people need to come down off those pedestals. The kid made a mistake in the heat of the moment.

Do I want him to play? Absolutly

Kid threw a punch. It is plain as day. Was it a bad? No but it was a punch none the less.

By letter of the rules he should have and was ejected. He hurt the team by his action but it was a mistake. It is a lesson for the team.

I don't get the people that think he is any different today character wise then yesterday.

Last edited:
This is the most ridiculous thread in the history of this board. Our own "fans" asking for a 1 game suspension FOR OUR OWN PLAYER, WOW.

I don't think the ACC can suspend him as this was an OOC game. Purely the coaches call and Shafer already said he wasn't going to do that in his post game presser.

Nothing to see here, move on.

On a side note with regard to punching...so it is OK to stick my hand under a players facemask and try to poke his eyes out, mush his face or have a facemask pulling contest with an opposing player, that's OK, the first 2 aren't penalties but the facemask thing is a 15 yarder. But god forbid you throw a punch, gimme a break...this is football not knitting.

If they had confidence in him they woulda gone for it on 4th from there.
Idk man, i think even if Hunt was in there they would of went for the field goal. Its a gamble for sure, but your right in the confidence part, but other than that he helped guide the offense to drive us down the field at the end. I know we had some good runs but he had more "good" passing plays than bad ones. He did miss a couple down the field but you couldn't ask for anything more from a backup QB who didn't play a single down last year.

By rule automatic ejection is required if a punch is thrown.
Can someone copy/paste the rule so we can see if it fully applies? I have not actually seen the rule.

Oh how football has changed. I thought of this. (Actually remember seeing it live on tv. I lmao) ;) Okay, I know this clip is from the NFL but this is how it should have been handled.