All Time Classic - Rout in the Big House | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

All Time Classic - Rout in the Big House

SWC75 said:
We spent the first half running the near-side option. the second half we we blocked them and got the ball downfield.

We gave Alabama the blueprint. Punch them in the mouth.

In the 2nd half I think we gained more yardage on fullback traps than any other non-Konrad game in the P era.

We made Miami doubt themselves a bit by game's end and Alabama took advantage.

If only we threw that last pass to Shelby Hill, with the safety cheating to Gedney..

The '92 Miami game is what solidified my SU fandom. I was 12 years old and my mother was a Design Director for the local Fox affiliate. They dialed in one of their giant news satellite dishes (the only way to get the game in Michigan) and I watched it at her office. Gedney getting tackled at the 3 was heartbreak, I'll never forget it.

I still say that game was both the loudest I ever heard the Dome (Conley's pick at the four yard line, if memory serves) as well as the quietest when Gedney came down at the three...

We gave Alabama the blueprint. Punch them in the mouth.

In the 2nd half I think we gained more yardage on fullback traps than any other non-Konrad game in the P era.

We made Miami doubt themselves a bit by game's end and Alabama took advantage.

If only we threw that last pass to Shelby Hill, with the safety cheating to Gedney..

Or if we'd saved the time out by putting Mason in for one play.

And why did we call the option in that situation with a sub-par Graves in the game?

Wow I forgot Musburger called this one. I'm not even sure I was able to watch the game with sound on. It was the weekend after the Labor Day Storm and we still didn't have power at our house. I was only 12, but I made sure my dad took me somewhere where I could watch this one.

The day before the game Musberger came to our walk through practice. I was a student manager for the football team. He was talking to us and asked me what I thought of the big house. I told him "it was ok but really could use a roof." He laughed and said "then it would feel more like home at the Carrier Dome." Thought for sure he would mention it on the broadcast. Had to give myself props for being clever.

The day before the game Musberger came to our walk through practice. I was a student manager for the football team. He was talking to us and asked me what I thought of the big house. I told him "it was ok but really could use a roof." He laughed and said "then it would feel more like home at the Carrier Dome." Thought for sure he would mention it on the broadcast. Had to give myself props for being clever.

Up until they put up the suite buildings it was the quietest 100,000 people you'd ever hear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom