Alryk Perry to transfer to Valdosta St | Syracusefan.com

Alryk Perry to transfer to Valdosta St

To me, that's the most surprising of all the transfers. Liked his size and thought he figured it out the last few years.

To me, that's the most surprising of all the transfers. Liked his size and thought he figured it out the last few years.

According to SU, he's played in 1 game in 4 years.

Junior Year (2016): Does not appear in any participation reports this season.

Sophomore Year (2015): Made his collegiate debut in SU’s season-opening win against Rhode Island (9/4) and notched his first career tackle … ACC Honor Roll selection … Member of the SU Athletic Director’s Honor Roll in the fall and spring.

Freshman Year (2014): Did not play in any games … ACC Honor Roll selection … Member of the SU Athletic Director’s Honor Roll both semesters.

2013: Redshirt season.

Smart kid, but just couldn't get on the field here.

With all due respect to Alryk, what made you think he figured it out? He hardly ever played. That one tackle against Rhode Island?

Anyway, Valdosta State is a solid D2 program and I hope he does well there.

With all due respect to Alryk, what made you think he figured it out? He hardly ever played. That one tackle against Rhode Island?

Anyway, Valdosta State is a solid D2 program and I hope he does well there.

Sometimes special teams are the gateway to guys playing. He looked good on specials, guess you didn't pay attention to that?

Sometimes special teams are the gateway to guys playing. He looked good on specials, guess you didn't pay attention to that?
I guess you didn't pay attention to your own post. How good could he have looked on specials in the one game he played in his 4 years here?

Sometimes, things don't work out. I wish Alryk all the best in Georgia. Thanks for your service to Syracuse University.

Kid had multiple knee injuries before coming to Syracuse.

I guess you didn't pay attention to your own post. How good could he have looked on specials in the one game he played in his 4 years here?

Sometimes, things don't work out. I wish Alryk all the best in Georgia. Thanks for your service to Syracuse University.

Since when is playing time the PRIMARY reason for a transfer? See Winfield and Scissum.

Since when is playing time the PRIMARY reason for a transfer? See Winfield and Scissum.
Good job changing the point. Your post said, "Sometimes special teams are the gateway to guys playing. He looked good on specials, guess you didn't pay attention to that?" When I pointed out there was barely any playing time at all to be seen looking good in, you come back with playing time isn't the primary reason for a transfer.

It would probably help you if you chose a point and stuck to it.

And I would hazard a guess that playing time is the PRIMARY reason for a transfer in many, many cases. You don't have to look any farther than many of the recent FB and BB transfers out of Syracuse.

This might sound rude, so I apologize to the board parents but I had no idea we even had someone on the roster with this name.

I wish him well at Valdosta

Good job changing the point. Your post said, "Sometimes special teams are the gateway to guys playing. He looked good on specials, guess you didn't pay attention to that?" When I pointed out there was barely any playing time at all to be seen looking good in, you come back with playing time isn't the primary reason for a transfer.

It would probably help you if you chose a point and stuck to it.

And I would hazard a guess that playing time is the PRIMARY reason for a transfer in many, many cases. You don't have to look any farther than many of the recent FB and BB transfers out of Syracuse.
I think in many cases that it is the primary reason for most of the transfers going on at all schools. If people think this is just a Syracuse thing and only with new coaching staffs they would be wrong. Transferring seems to be trending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom