American Athletic Conference | Syracusefan.com

American Athletic Conference

So that is what they call Conference USA now, good to know

AAC...or ACK...and their Logo
tumblr_m3il0uCTwo1qjsdvoo1_400.jpg

I was close, my guess for the re-name was BAC, Big America Conference. I like that more.

Did not one person think, "this could bite us in the butt" what with the name being so close to ACC?
Not one person?

Silly, really.
Maybe sillier than Moland Springs.

All things considered, I think this is a solid name for the conference!

There are some people who laugh at others unfortunate situations and others who have sympathy. I hope this conference succeeds! I think this conference has a shot at being better than the old BE in football and will be solid in basketball as well! I can see them getting 4-5 bids per year! UConn, Cinci, temple, Memphis every year and 1 or 2 others could ramp up their programs. SMU already has a Mcdonals AA coming in

I would have called them the "NAAC" north American athletic conference. At the rate they're going it won't be long before a school from Mexico and Canada are invited.

I would have just called it "The Conference."

Reactions: 007
Smart move ... they'll be listed first in the phonebook.
funny - but I bet that was actually taken into consideration - bet they wanted to be listed first on ESPN site when going to look for info on teams and/or conference so people wouldn't just be able to ignore them and forget that they're out there

What's with all the animosity towards the old big east? What did they do to us? The conf provided us with some great memories and i will surely miss it (especially basketball).
Unfortunately It's part of our society Nowadays. People enjoy poking fun at the misfortunes of others. It's frustrating that people poke more fun at the new conference than they do discussing what it could be.

Did not one person think, "this could bite us in the butt" what with the name being so close to ACC?
Not one person?

Silly, really.
Maybe sillier than Moland Springs.

Or maybe...that was the intent.

Unfortunately It's part of our society Nowadays. People enjoy poking fun at the misfortunes of others. It's frustrating that people poke more fun at the new conference than they do discussing what it could be.

We poke fun at schools who we compete against. Whether they are good, bad, happy or sad. The fact is, even if Buttgers and UConn et al weren't having problems, we would still be poking fun of them. That's what fans do. It really has nothing to do with their misfortunes.

As far as "what they could be." I think the Big East Basketball conference will do well, and I would even watch games. I'm interested in how these teams are doing -- please don't misinterpret that to mean I am a fan of them or wish them great success. I want them to always be below the ACC, which I believe they will be. But it will be a good basketball conference, in the model of the original Big East. It is a good move for Nova, SJU, GTown, and the rest. (Though I would never have added Creighton.)

As far as the All American Conference. F 'em. I really don't care how they do. I have no affinity with those teams. I don't wish them ill, I don't wish them well. I think it's ANOTHER patchwork conference that is destined to fail if the big conferences decide to expand. I think they all know it, and I think they're all going into this conference with one foot out the door. Case in point...Cincy, UConn, USF. They are the new East Carolinas, whoring themselves out. Hoping against hope that there is a spot in the life raft for them. That's not poking fun at their misfortune. That's just accurate IMO.

As for Buttgers. I hope they lose every game they ever play in the B1G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom