Class of 2014 - and beyond. | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 and beyond.

Halfmooncuse

Hall of Fame
What SU needs is a big that can establish position low, caught a pass draw fouls and make 80% of their free throws. Doesn't have to be a shot blocker, dunker, 3pt shooter just a consinsent free throw shooter. We leave so many points on the floor because our bigs don't get the ball alot and then don't fouled enough and finally can't make free throws. Side benefit is that it puts the oppssing bigs in foul out jeopardy.Seems like other teams do it to SU so we need three bigs but now down to 2.

What SU needs is a big that can establish position low, caught a pass draw fouls and make 80% of their free throws. Doesn't have to be a shot blocker, dunker, 3pt shooter just a consinsent free throw shooter. We leave so many points on the floor because our bigs don't get the ball alot and then don't fouled enough and finally can't make free throws. Side benefit is that it puts the oppssing bigs in foul out jeopardy.Seems like other teams do it to SU so we need three bigs but now down to 2.
I'll take the shot blocker and the rebounder.

Well I just did some research for you, and there are 4 guys in the country that are designated as a center and make 80% of their free throws. One of those players is designated as a C-F, and 3 of them are mid major players. These players you speak of dont grow on trees.

The Knicks and 15 other NBA teams need the same thing.

Everyone likes a shot blocker but the new rules tend to call blocks fouls. Also how many times have our shot blockers go up to block a shot and the opposing players get the rebound for a put back with no defender cause they all went for the block.
The center on Cinci (was it last year) killed us because he would get fouled all the time and just make free throws. I'm sure he's in Europe now.

Everyone likes a shot blocker but the new rules tend to call blocks fouls. Also how many times have our shot blockers go up to block a shot and the opposing players get the rebound for a put back with no defender cause they all went for the block.
The center on Cinci (was it last year) killed us because he would get fouled all the time and just make free throws. I'm sure he's in Europe now.
I think you're thinking of Marquette's big flabby?

I would be nice to have another AO... we need a way to get some easy points. 99% of our offensive woes this year and last are tied to not being able to get easy buckets like we did with AO

Isn't this what Coleman was supposed to be?

Don't know if he'll ever hit 80% of his FT's, but Moustapha Diagne is the man that you're looking for.
Diagne2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom