And now, on to Tampa ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

And now, on to Tampa ...

Chicago hasn't won on home ice since 1939 ,

They likely change that to 2015 on Monday.

Mon Dieu, que j'espère certainement, mon ami!
I'm in the very process, as I write, of considering driving to Chicago in the AM. I can make it in two days. Crimoney, what an electric experience that would be, if they could complete the deal!

A lot of casual observers will point at the first (Sharp) goal and the collision that caused it, but the real difference tonight was face-offs. That, and Chicago had all 4 lines skating tonight. Vermette, Versteeg, Desjardins, Shaw, Kruger and Turbo were all hopping. They pushed the play on offense, and took away Tampa's ice when they had the puck. Tampa had it along the boards, but not so much in the middle. Crawford, after the first brain cramp, was solid again tonight. Of course anything can happen, but Quenneville having last change is a potential game-breaker. Monday night is gonna be a classic, no matter what.

Mon Dieu, que j'espère certainement, mon ami! I'm in the very process, as I write, of considering driving to Chicago in the AM. I can make it in two days. Crimoney, what an electric experience that would be, if they could complete the deal!

A lot of casual observers will point at the first (Sharp) goal and the collision that caused it, but the real difference tonight was face-offs. That, and Chicago had all 4 lines skating tonight. Vermette, Versteeg, Desjardins, Shaw, Kruger and Turbo were all hopping. They pushed the play on offense, and took away Tampa's ice when they had the puck. Tampa had it along the boards, but not so much in the middle. Crawford, after the first brain cramp, was solid again tonight. Of course anything can happen, but Quenneville having last change is a potential game-breaker. Monday night is gonna be a classic, no matter what.
No planes from Calgary to Chicago?

No planes from Calgary to Chicago?

I was seriously going to head out this AM, but I was checking ticket prices on line ... wow! Imagine dropping a couple of yards for a single seat and then they get beat! :eek:

I was seriously going to head out this AM, but I was checking ticket prices on line ... wow! Imagine dropping a couple of yards for a single seat and then they get beat! :eek:
Just checked the prices, holy $

No kidding man, on Stub Hub I see up to $6500 in the lower bowl between the blue & red lines :eek: :eek: :eek:
Geeeheeezz... !

I think Patrick Kane will show up tonight, I'll go 3-2 Chicago in OT.

congrats to Chicago.

HABS next year! Yahoo lol anyways, congrats Mr. cowtown !

Wonder how Kimmo Timmonen feels, finally gets the Stanley cup, first year in the league was 1998

Thanks guys, it was a tremendous run, and a great time to be a 'Hawks fan. Especially as there were some lean years between '61 and 2010. What a run indeed, it seems like a long time ago Scott Darling took over for a struggling Corey Crawford against Nashville and Pekka Rinne. Kudos to JQ for making the call(s) around all that. Duncan Keith was a beast, no other way to describe it and deserved the Conn Smythe (18 points, 2 game winners, +16, 30+ minutes/game). But the entire organization is all about team success, and that's what's most pleasing for this fan. Especially the way the 3rd and 4th lines dug all night every night, which was critical given how the first two lines for each pretty much cancelled each other out.

Lots of respect for Jon Cooper and his Tampa team. I like Hedman and Stralman, and Stammer and Johnson also. Palat may well become a star in the league. Their team had a lot of injuries and they soldiered on through despite it all with no complaints (cow tips cap). In previous years I developed a healthy dislike for Philly and Boston (which hasn't run out, lol!) but I have much admiration for Tampa. No complaints, no cheap crap, just hard work and tough play. I am surprised that it came down to a goaltenders series with all the firepower on each side, especially given the roll Tampa was on coming in. At the end (again) the difference was the bottom half of Chicago outplayed the bottom half of TB. An especially noteworthy accomplishment in the "salary cap era." Brent Seabrook paid them a nice compliment when he said, "They'll do in the next 6 years what we've done in the last." And he may just be right.

Now I gotta go on line and buy some 'Hawks gear. :)

Wonder how Kimmo Timmonen feels, finally gets the Stanley cup, first year in the league was 1998

Very classy of the team and Toews give him the cup with the first hand off. That's who they are, and that's why everyone wants to play for that team.

Now I have to put up with my wife's cousin in Chicago for another year. Ugh

Now I have to put up with my wife's cousin in Chicago for another year. Ugh

Tell him you'll only talk hockey with him if he buys a flat of Goose Island Honker's Ale. Damn good stuff (made in Chicago).

tumblr_inline_mk6bmagdvZ1qz4rgp.jpg

Tell him you'll only talk hockey with him if he buys a flat of Goose Island Honker's Ale. Damn good stuff (made in Chicago).

tumblr_inline_mk6bmagdvZ1qz4rgp.jpg
He will b here in a few weeks to boat the river. Good idea!!

Got into Chicago a few hours ago. It's pretty crazy here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom