Class of 2015 - New Commit: Andrew Helmer (NJ), D | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 New Commit: Andrew Helmer (NJ), D

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...l-signing-day-2014-boys-lacrosse-commitments/

-addcaa89114c49bd.JPG

Summits Andrew Helmer (34) and Mountain Lakes Zander Kotsen (11) battle for ball as Mountain Lakes takes on Summit in the Tournament of Champions boys lacrosse semifinal game at Bridgewater High School in Bridgewater, NJ 6/4/14 (William Perlman/The Star-Ledger)

Andrew Helmer's Team (Summit, NJ) Moves On in NJ State Tournament

Summit’s defense quickly dug in and gave Rumson-Fair Haven trouble finding open looks. Rumson-Fair Haven worked patiently on offense, but Andrew Helmer, Sean Andrews, Patrick Tully and Peter McKinlay found ways to force turnovers and send the ball back to the offense.

I was at the first game - Pingry vs. Ridgewood, but could only stay to watch warmups during the Summit/Rumson game.

Summit, NJ Tops Cherry Creek, CO

I talked to Helmer's high school D coach on Saturday - we coach for the same rec club - and he said Helmer played well in the game against Cherry Creek.

Helmer's defensive coach, Kyle Kirst, who I referenced in the post I quoted above, passed away from a heart attack this morning. So horrible, our town is reeling tonight. He leaves a wife and five sons, aged high school senior through 3rd grade. You'd never meet a nicer guy, and he was so generous in helping to get me acclimated into coaching for our local lacrosse club. He will be sorely, sorely missed. Only 47 years old.

Guest column about Coach Kirst by one of his former players.

Andrew Helmer named to American Family Insurance All-USA 2014-2015 Boys Lacrosse First Team

660x495.jpg

Andrew Helmer
Summit (Summit, N.J.), Senior, Defense, Syracuse

Helmer lived up to his billing this season as the best defender in the state of New Jersey, leading a defense that allowed a state-best 3.5 goals per game this season. Helmer’s lockdown skills and his size made it incredibly difficult for opposing attackmen to get past him. Helmer was also asked to take on additional roles this season as the Hilltoppers battled to a 19-5 record. Helmer joins a loaded Syracuse defense next season and has the track record to make an impact in his career at the next level.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/2014-15...e-all-usa-boys-lacrosse-teams#slideIdslide-11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom