Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Discussion in 'Basketball Recruiting Forum' started by normaliswear, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digger

Digger Scout Team

Uh oh. Not positive but I think The Adventures of Ford Farlaine was just referenced in an Andrew White recruitment thread.

I knew I should have floated that bet at 500-1 a month ago

2. cuseattle

cuseattle All Conference

Word

pearl31, Ryand877 and JarHeadJim like this.
  3. Cusefan0307

Cusefan0307 Hall of Fame

IMO JB knows that no school as good as us can offer him a role as good as we have offered White.

cuseattle and cuserulesall like this.
  4. JarHeadJim

JarHeadJim Living Legend

5. normaliswear

normaliswear Starter

I really hate that every time that I get a twitter notification that a bunch of my Syracuse list people are retweeting something I think "OK this has to FINALLY be it..." only to have it be something about the Olympics or dogs or whatever.

6. Sgt Cuse

Sgt Cuse Starter

It's a good to great fit, but perfect? AW3 will probably not be playing the 2, probably not get over 30 mpg's, and probably not be the go-to guy (that would be game dependent). The MW article made it sound like AW3 wasn't even a lock to start (I would hope JB offered that up).

I'm sure JB wants AW3 here. But JB would want AW3 to be fully on board in whatever role they discussed. That is probably why AW3 is taking a little time before making a commitment.

7. orangefog

orangefog All American

If Hillary posted this, there would be a thousand memes posted on FB how she is an Un-American dog hater.

8. normaliswear

normaliswear Starter

Yes, I'd argue it's as close to perfect a fit for what AW3 ultimately wants as you can get. At this point he is a borderline 2nd round pick type of player, no a sure fire lottery pick. So being the go to guy as he was in Nebraska or would be in the A10 isn't conducive to his goal. He needs a place where he will be pushed by the talent around him both on his team and in his opponents. While at the same time he will get lots of PT and lots of shots all on a VERY good team with tons of exposure.

9. normaliswear

normaliswear Starter

She is... but not because of twitter ;)

Budley and orangefog like this.
  10. orangefog

orangefog All American

I don't mean to make it political, because the same can be said for Trump. It just struck me how easily things can be twisted.

JarHeadJim and normaliswear like this.
  11. RF2044

RF2044 Living Legend

Not sure how you got that interpretation from my post. In no way am I advocating AW3 be given a guarantee to play the 2--which wouldn't match his game or be best for the team, with this roster composition.

I was responding to the notion expressed above that this would be a done deal if only JB could be reached in Rio. And expressing skepticism about why JB would let things linger when a simple phone call or some concerted time, effort, and attention would help resolve this issue and immeasurably improve next year's team's offensive balance.

We're on the same page about AW3, his game, and what his role should be. I'm not inclined to believe that this entire thing hinges on a guarantee for him to play 2. IMO, that's just board speculation that has somehow taken on a life of its own. If anything, the conversation between AW3's camp and JB would be more about starting, shots, and minutes. Fortunately, we can accommodate all three.

SUskibum and Sgt Cuse like this.
  12. Capt. Tuttle

Capt. Tuttle Living Legend

Gee, if only there were a sure fire way to stop that from happening.:noidea:

normaliswear likes this.
  13. orangecuse

orangecuse All Conference

FWIW, imo, White's apparent uncertainty is a direct reflection of his own confidence and abilities. JB always plays to win, and he can care a less about who gets how many minutes and/or sharing the wealth, etc.. It's the most significant reason why we typically only play 7 guys (meaningful) minutes over his 40 yr. coaching history, and why his starters generally always play well over 30 minutes/game. So, if White is as good as he may think he is, and, if he has done even a smidgen of homework on JB's history when it comes to his best player's primarily always being on the floor, White shouldn't worry at all about his minutes...unless, of course, he lacks some confidence in his own abilities.

Shenexon, MSOrange, pearl31 and 3 others like this.
  14. pearl31

pearl31 Hall of Fame

welp, in any case, I'm now resigned to this not being settled until at least after the Olympics, i.e. week of Aug 21 at the earliest

Orangeman13 and orangefog like this.
  15. orangefog

orangefog All American

Please be more specific, you mean the 2016 Olympics?

16. Ryand877

Ryand877 2nd String

Agree. As discussed yesterday, what is his other option at this point? Apparently Miami, MSU and VCU are out.

Briancuse and orangefog like this.
  17. Capt. Tuttle

Capt. Tuttle Living Legend

I think it's resolved between the principals. Some folks just have a bee in their bonnet because the public hasn't been informed.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  18. pearl31

pearl31 Hall of Fame

OK, so then the reason neither school nor player have confirmed it would be.....

(no, sorry, you're wrong)

RF2044 likes this.
  19. Jasoncuse

Jasoncuse All Conference

I love reading the comments wondering if we should even still want him, which is the same as what happened with TT. (this is not in reference to any specific person, just I've seen this on here and on Twitter, for both AW and TT)

COME ON GUYS!!!

Of course we still want AW3. He's a potential game changer, a potential final piece, our potential leading scorer, a future pro, etc... You don't turn those kids away when you have no depth, simply because he's taking his time and prolonging is decision. That's his right, and every single SU fan should respect that. If this was 5-10 years ago, before the proliferation of Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat/etc, the 24/7 news cycle and the need to have news immediately, we'd all just be hoping for a commitment from him and waiting for that decision whenever it may be. We'd hardly be wondering if we still want him and going nuts about him getting his shots up in the Richmond gym or taking a visit to Miami.

AW3 is the absolute perfect fit for this program and especially this roster. He checks off every box for what this team lacks...veteran scorer, elite shooter, another guard, ability to play the 3, etc. Why would anybody consider turning that away at this point?!?!?

Nicknack, MSOrange, Deano and 2 others like this.
  20. Cuse'91

Cuse'91 Starter

New D-League franchise -
    Greensboro Swarm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.