Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say the theory that nothing can happen because JB is in Rio took a little bit of a hit with the news that Matt Coleman just got a scholarship offer from Syracuse.

I'd argue that the decision to offer Coleman a scholarship is a very big one, much bigger than simply accepting the commitment of Andrew White. And it happened while JB was out of the country.

I would say the theory that nothing can happen because JB is in Rio took a little bit of a hit with the news that Matt Coleman just got a scholarship offer from Syracuse.

I'd argue that the decision to offer Coleman a scholarship is a very big one, much bigger than simply accepting the commitment of Andrew White. And it happened while JB was out of the country.
hear what you're saying, but finalizing a commitment and offering a scholly are not really the same - It's pretty obvious (to me anyway) that this is alot more than just "accepting the commitment"

He missed VCU's trip to Spain that Rothstein is tweeting about so I presume VCU is out. O13 can you confirm?
Not to speak for O13 but he's said all along they have never been an option. And with no inside info, I can say that's pretty obviously the case. He has never visited VCU, never mentioned them, never shown the slightest interest there. When he was in town he went and shot hoops in Richmond's Gym not theirs. The VCU chatter is 100% driven by myopic fans on twitter convincing one another that if they say they have a shot with White enough times it will become true and that their cute little mid-major program nobody cares about other than students and alum is really some national power. It's pathetic really.

JB might have some inside information about Green and Duke. He is working along side coach K.

I’ve spent too much time thinking about AW3’s recruitment, and too much time reading this thread. It’s hard to figure out what’s going on, but I’ve come up with 4 scenarios, which I list here in order (and with percentage) of likelihood.

1. White decided back in early July that he’s coming to Syracuse. Because Boeheim has put no pressure on him for a quick decision, perhaps on a cue from Andrew or his father, White has taken his time, visited MSU and Miami out of courtesy/obligation/due diligence, and he’ll let Boeheim know after Rio - or he’ll just show up on campus without fanfare. He’s been through all the hype of recruiting before, and he’s been burned. He wants to keep it very low key. (80%)

2. He is considering professional options, like Europe or D-league. (10%)

3. AW3 has decided on Syracuse, but AW2 has not signed off on it. (10%) Seems kind of late, since he hasn’t been making other visits, but its possible that . . .

3a. He will stay home at VCU or Richmond. (5%)

3b. He is still considering Miami. (I trust O-13, but AW3 hasn’t publicly eliminated Miami. (3%)

3c. He is considering some darkhorse school we haven’t heard about. (2%)​

4. He has decided on Syracuse but is playing some kind of weird games with SU coaches and players. 1% tops, because from everything we know about him, he doesn’t seem to be the type.

I count 101%.

PS - why am I so nervous to post on this thread.

So VCU is not involved and he ruled out Michigan State already. So are we just competing against Miami at this point?

cuseinseattle said:
So VCU is not involved and he ruled out Michigan State already. So are we just competing against Miami at this point?
We're not competing with anyone at this point, except Father Time

Highly Doubtful. Everything White has been involved with has flowed through Jon Rothstein. He is their PR.

People are making this way to complicated.
I agree it's doubtful. Just nothing is done until it's done. But at this point I'd be very surprised if he doesn't end up at Syracuse.

If he's picking Miami, you would think the announcement would come by the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom