Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Discussion in 'Basketball Recruiting Forum' started by Flacusian, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orangefog

orangefog All American

That is Dickey 101. BTW, not sure why I put myself through it, but I checked the VCU board again, and they are still spewing the mass media BS about SU. Painfully misinformed, butthurt aholes over there. Syracuse doesn't play defense. Syracuse doesn't play OOC games unless they are easy and close to home. I wish we were closer to the Bahamas or Hawaii or on a battle ship in San Diego. You can't go further away than those places. I guess what bothers me is that is how the media portrays SU, while they make UK look like angels and gods, and the sheep just eat it up. Frustrating.

2. OrangeXtreme

OrangeXtreme Moderator Staff Member

3. Whitey23

Whitey23 Twitter Wizard

4. HOFCeluck

HOFCeluck HTF did I get all these likes

405 pages through four threads.

5. Jack Hall

Jack Hall All Conference

Id say 8!!

cuseattle likes this.
  6. Sgt Cuse

Sgt Cuse Starter

I'm with you. Having the supersub on the bench makes it so much easier for JB to use his bench.

If on the other hand, JB starts Gil, Battle, AW3, Lydon, and DC2 what happens if we fall behind? Most people wouldn't want to put in the more defensive minded players of PC, TR, and FH to try and score points. It just leads to a tighter, smaller lineup and I like when more players are used in the rotation.

AlaskaSU likes this.
  7. jordoo

jordoo Living Legend

But you still aren't taking Lydon out in that situation. He just slides around to accommodate whoever else comes in. It will be interesting to see what happens. I would think JB would go small with Roberson pushing Lydon to the 5 and allowing Roberson to set screens and then attack the glass.

HOFCeluck, Scotch and pearl31 like this.
  8. pearl31

pearl31 Hall of Fame

I really think we'll see a fair amount of this - probably more than people think. IMO

9. OrangeXtreme

OrangeXtreme Moderator Staff Member

10. Chicago44s

Chicago44s Scout Team

Maybe this was posted 2 threads ago for Andrew White III but it's a decent video of Andrew explaining himself and why he transferred from Kansas and the importance of his family and the number 3. I just watched it so it's new to me but it really shows a lot about this young man's character.

MSOrange and RF2044 like this.
  11. Sgt Cuse

Sgt Cuse Starter

True, and then you have a very tight. limited rotation.

And in the other scenario where you start out with a lead, you would be reluctant to substitute because you had the advantage. Whereas, if you have the lead but have Lydon still to play, there isn't any hesitation.

In either scenario, subbing is a lot easier when you have a player like Lydon to bring in.

12. Day2

Day2 Starter

"It gives us another shooter that can play the two or the three." - James Arthur Boeheim

creatorsgame likes this.
  13. jordoo

jordoo Living Legend

Well yeah if your best player starts on the bench then its always going to help to bring him in. I'd prefer to start my best player however and figure it out from there. We will have to see how things turn out.

SUskibum, Cusefan0307 and Nicknack like this.
  14. Cusefan0307

Cusefan0307 Hall of Fame

I don't even think Jimmy knows who's going to start yet.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  15. RF2044

RF2044 Living Legend

And justifiably so. Practice hasn't even begun yet.

BUT as many others have suggested in many other threads, [1] it is good to have options, and [2] this team has a lot of position versatility, [3] JB could utilize a lot of different potential combinations that could be effective for different situations, and [4] having a roster of 1-10 with this much talent means that practices are going to be competitive, and PT is going to have to be earned.

16. reedny

reedny All American

I haven't been this excited to hear practice reports in years.

Cusefan0307 and RF2044 like this.
  17. OrangeDW

OrangeDW All American

It really is amazing how dumb and lazy so many people are.

Cusefan0307 likes this.
  18. SUFan44

SUFan44 All Conference

This is the one that makes the most sense from every single standpoint I can think of. Regardless of what some on this forum think.

Battle, White, Lydon, Roberson is a better combination than any of the other four replaced by Gillon, unless you put Lydon at the 5 but Coleman is starting regardless due to JB's loyalty.

Gillon, Battle, White, Roberson, Lydon might be a lineup you see a lot.

19. Ryand877

Ryand877 2nd String

Not to beat a dead horse, but I don't think Gillon would come unless he was told he will start. I understand he came before White was in the picture. Many disagree ,
    But I'll go with Gillon ,White ,Battle, Roberson , and Coleman -with Lydon first off the bench.

AlaskaSU and Jack Hall like this.
  20. Jack Hall

Jack Hall All Conference

So many lineups that i like. And i think both lineups listed above can be very effective, especially against certain teams. A couple things- i just dont see Lydon as a 3 at the college level and maybe never. If Lydon and Roberson are out there together , who will be the 3? I guess its Lydon but not ideal to see a 69 guy who can really rebound floating on the perimeter, basically just being a spot up shooter. Especially when we already have a 67 spot up shooter in White. Would love to see Lydon develop some high and low post O skills, and i think he will this year. The second thing has been brought up by many posters, obviously RF: ball handling will be a weakness if Battle and White are the two guards, esp if Lydon is the 3.if Battle is the point guard, i would think its much more ideal to have him out there with Gillon as an outlet if theres too much pressure on Battle. I have watched White and he rarely takes more than two dribbles before he gets rid of the ball or shoots. That not much of an outlet if Battle is pressured full court

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.