Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
or, I could have just disappeared - its not like I have ANYTHING to gain by him coming here...

except to watch SU be national title contenders according to everyone :)

Whats the hold up in your opinion

Whats the hold up in your opinion
I don't know nor does my source - it WAS definitely coaches being in Rio - but now you would (obviously) expect to know any second.

he is NOT playing overseas, he is NOT going to VCU, he IS coming to Syracuse.

That is it - I will not make things up for you - I can only tell you what I know.

I don't disagree, just pointing out that it is possible to be enrolled without the public knowing.

Not sure... doubt Waters would report him not being enrolled or signed without knowing for sure. He isn't really a scoop getter. He is a fact finder.

I don't know about anyone else, but could have cut my work week from 60 hours week this summer to about 45 if I just ignored every Andrew White thread since July 1st. Talk about driving unproductivity. I don't even pay attention to the board this much during the season.

Not sure... doubt Waters would report him not being enrolled or signed without knowing for sure. He isn't really a scoop getter. He is a fact finder.

What other confirmation could he get?

Could it be something as dumb as he in finally attempting to enroll but since he has waited so long classes fill up and he is having a hard time getting a class schedule?

Could it be something as dumb as he in finally attempting to enroll but since he has waited so long classes fill up and he is having a hard time getting a class schedule?
lol I assume you are serious - but that would NEVER happen to AW3

I posted in one of the White threads over a month ago that I wouldn't be surprised if White shows up and just enrolls without committing.

At this point that's the most logical explanation IMO.

His dad posted that he would make a tweet announcing the decision at some random time.

To answer your question, Waters was the the first to get TT's. I know because TT called Waters first. That would mean that Waters got our last commit first.
you think AW3's dad will turn this publicity over to Waters?????

Right, so if an announcement doesn't come before then, will people still be positive he's going to wear Orange? I, for one, will not have a warm and fuzzy feeling.
I am looking forward to someone saying that he is in the directory.

At this point I have AW3 and Jon Rothstein set to notify me if they tweet anything. Past that the rest is gibberish this late.

You should try to find his dad's twitter.

I'm not doubting the veracity of Jake's post; I believe White will wear Orange too but White is not enrolled or signed. It's not a done deal, like someone else is alleging. That's all. I also agree with jordoo but I'm perplexed why people have blind faith throughout this thread based on nothing. That's my point.

It's the legendary "silent verbal"!

Not saying that he will go overseas, but it probably is a consideration. If, as some posters claim, he has such limitations in his game that he can't play productively at the 2 in college, then what position will he play in the pros? He may be getting advice to look overseas for opportunities. He said it himself. This transfer is about basketball, not about getting a post-grad degree in whatever. Why not get paid to work on your game rather than be limited by classes and NCAA limitations on practice? .

Because if he goes and plays in China or wherever, he won't get the publicity and be on the minds of NBA executives. If he wants to work on his ball handling at the 2, he can do that here. We have 3 point guards and no true shooting guards. Do the math. Despite what RF and others may think, the reason he is considering us is because we have some minutes at the 2. If Battle is running the point, I don't see Gillon or Frankie Howard as the 2 guard along side him - they would be the ballhandler. And Battle will play some time as the PG. That's why he came here instead of Duke. So who plays the 2 when Battle is at the point - Lydon?

Same thing this time around with Michigan State - they wanted White to play forward, no time at guard. And in fact, they tried to pitch him on a Draymond Green undersized-4 role. He was not interested. He sees his opportunity in the NBA as a 2 guard, and not as a SF. I had a couple different people (including O13, I believe) confirm what I thought from reading between the lines. You may not think he has the skills to play the 2, but he wants that opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom