Not open for further replies.
VCU schedule:
August 2016
18 - 23 Advising and registration – Monroe Park campus
19 Orientation for new graduate students Sa-Sn
20 - 28 Welcome Week
23 New Student Convocation
25 Fall Classes Begin

come on - classes start TOMORROW for VCU - he isn't there because he's NOT going there.

Why can he silent verbal to Syracuse and not yet be in their system but not silent verbal to VCU and not yet be in their system?

VCU schedule:
August 2016
18 - 23 Advising and registration – Monroe Park campus
19 Orientation for new graduate students Sa-Sn
20 - 28 Welcome Week
23 New Student Convocation
25 Fall Classes Begin
EXACTLY!!!!

Why can he silent verbal to Syracuse and not yet be in their system but not silent verbal to VCU and not yet be in their system?
he could have done that - BUT HE DIDN'T!

Because if he goes and plays in China or wherever, he won't get the publicity and be on the minds of NBA executives. If he wants to work on his ball handling at the 2, he can do that here. We have 3 point guards and no true shooting guards. Do the math. Despite what RF and others may think, the reason he is considering us is because we have some minutes at the 2. If Battle is running the point, I don't see Gillon or Frankie Howard as the 2 guard along side him. And Battle will play some time as the PG. That's why he came here instead of Duke. So who plays the 2 when Battle is at the point - Lydon?

Same thing this time around with Michigan State - they wanted White to play forward, no time at guard. And in fact, they tried to pitch him on a Draymond Green undersized-4 role. He was not interested. He sees his opportunity in the NBA as a 2 guard, and not as a SF. I had a couple different people (including O13, I believe) confirm what I thought from reading between the lines. You may not think he has the skills to play the 2, but he wants that opportunity.

We shall see. But I'd like to point out that in recent years there were some confidently predicting that BJ would play 2, that Roberson was a 3, etc. on this forum at the beginning of those players' careers.

People get so hung up on having the maximum size for the zone that they often fail to look at player skill sets / complimentary groupings, and often fail to account for the difficulty of having players play out of position.

I guarantee you one thing: JB is not going to play somebody at a position they are ill-suited for to let them audition for the NBA. It is preposterous to think otherwise. The White camp might have wanted him to play there exclusively, but I doubt that he'd have that opportunity here. Not with the roster we have--it's as simple as that.

And people need to understand that recruiting promises are often akin to pillow talk, and not to be taken as gospel.

Last edited:
4hwM9fBW_bigger.jpg
Vince B.‏@IommiCuseFan 10m10 minutes ago

Vince B. Retweeted Mike Waters

@MikeWatersSYR Mike, any chatter about White considering playing overseas?

q1QmAA-x_bigger.jpg
Mike WatersVerified account‏@MikeWatersSYR 1m1 minute ago

Mike Waters Retweeted Vince B.

I've inquired. Gotten denials.

I know technically he has until the end of the drop/add period to enroll somewhere but I just REALLY doubt he would do that. It would be stupid to put yourself in a hole with classes and be trying to play catchup while the season is beginning. Wherever he goes, he'll be there the first day of class.

and you can bet the coaches know he is coming.

I, for one, believe you. You've been forthright about your sources, which are ultra-close to the team. Nobody should be beating you up about timing, given how bizarre this recruitment has gone down, or shoot the messenger because you predicted 2 weeks ago that it would be done sooner.

I just think everybody will breathe a sigh of relief when confirmation is made official, because many [correctly, IMO] believe that adding this player's outside shooting is the difference between a good and a potentially great season.

I know technically he has until the end of the drop/add period to enroll somewhere but I just REALLY doubt he would do that. It would be stupid to put yourself in a hole with classes and be trying to play catchup while the season is beginning. Wherever he goes, he'll be there the first day of class.
yes, the writing on the wall is starting to become very clear

To answer your question, Waters was the the first to get TT's. I know because TT called Waters first. That would mean that Waters got our last commit first.

Taurean's mom called Mike and told him to break the news. Those are the benefits you get when you've been on the beat for this long. Waters is a pro. We are lucky to have him.

I, for one, believe you. You've been forthright about your sources, which are ultra-close to the team. Nobody should be beating you up about timing, given how bizarre this recruitment has gone down, or shoot the messenger because you predicted 2 weeks ago that it would be done sooner.

I just think everybody will breathe a sigh of relief when confirmation is made official, because many [correctly, IMO] believe that adding this player's outside shooting is the difference between a good and a potentially great season.
i'm "retiring" after this one though lol

I will stick to the regular season forum to get everyone's opinion on how good we are...

I am just not a quitter. I started this and will see it through to the end :)

Yanno people have said it for weeks as a joke but I'm starting to think he may just show up with no public announcement whatsoever. It would be a exposure coupe as he keeps people guessing all summer. Then Friday the press is there asking the usual questions "How has Roberson improved?... Is Howard or Gillon going to run the point?... and WAIT... WHO IS THAT????"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom