another attempt at explaining attendance | Syracusefan.com

another attempt at explaining attendance

Millhouse

Living Legend
since 2005, the median points for in home games against name teams is 17 YUCK. I know including gerg in anything is bad but it's only 4 years out of 10+

anyone interested enough in college football to consider going to a game might prefer to stay home and watch other games

Babers will fix this. Last night was a better show than other beat downs. So many of them were so hopeless start to finish. It was worse when teams would go up three scores on gerg and just shut it down.

Word will spread, it'll get better

Goes to show that a good offense can make your defense worse. If we were like Gerg or BC on offense, they might just run clock.

Here is my list of name teams (eyeballed, not much rhyme or reason)
Brigham Young
Pittsburgh
Virginia Tech
Miami (FL)
Rutgers
Auburn
West Virginia
Boston College
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Cincinnati
Florida State
Connecticut
Virginia
South Florida
Iowa
Louisville
Washington
Illinois
Penn State
Minnesota
Northwestern
Wake Forest
Clemson
Maryland
North Carolina State
Duke
Louisiana State

since 2005, the median points for in home games against name teams is 17 YUCK. I know including gerg in anything is bad but it's only 4 years out of 10+

anyone interested enough in college football to consider going to a game might prefer to stay home and watch other games

Babers will fix this. Last night was a better show than other beat downs. So many of them were so hopeless start to finish. It was worse when teams would go up three scores on gerg and just shut it down.

Goes to show that a good offense can make your defense worse. If we were like Gerg or BC on offense, they might just run clock.

The season tickets sale boost would seem to support your conclusion. Price point has something to do with it but if it's an unappealing product, you probably don't bother spending any money on it.

Definitely a better show. Brent Axe posted that tweet from Bruce Feldman last night that said "Syracuse football is entertaining again", he then said its the first time he can remember us being that way since McNabb. This was sent while we were getting pasted. Hopefully we can be entertaining and find 5 more wins this year

Its still obvious that we are waaaaay overcharged between the 35 yard lines. My seasons on 115 , 38 yardline, 3 rows from the visiting bench are 600 and change, tix are like 250, donation 350ish. Joke. If i moved 20 feet to my right across the aisle, tix are $200. 2/3 less. Take home message is, the endzones are full, the middle from 100 to 300 level is lacking and it shows in final attendance numbers and on tv. Su hasn't budged the last 15 years with an inferior product. There are tons on southern teams, great schools that have reasonable season rates between the 35's. I am paying $100/game at this point and it doesn't make sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom