Another dandy on Sirius (Mark Packer show) | Syracusefan.com

Another dandy on Sirius (Mark Packer show)

texascpa

Living Legend
So, listening to Mark Packer show this afternoon and Mark posed the question "what is the worst job in college football". Mind you, not worst coaching job, worst job overall. Most callers mentioned cleaning up after a mascot, but one enterprising SU "fan" and alumni said "Syracuse Football Coach". When asked why, and for the most part Packer tried to paint a positive picture on our future, this "fan" stated lack of recruiting, coach turnover and lack of interest in football by the school. Find me an Alabama, Florida, Texas, OSU fan and chances are they know what's going on with their football program. This guy didn't sound like he had a clue. No mention of this last class, Washington, new practice facility, new Chancellor and AD that want football to be king. When Packer asked if the caller thought Syracuse could turn it around, I quote "Not in my lifetime". sigh...

I go a full year listing to the college sports channel and have only heard two discussions on SU football: this joker and the bashing of un-retiring (or whatever you want to call it) #44. So frustrating...

So, listening to Mark Packer show this afternoon and Mark posed the question "what is the worst job in college football". Mind you, not worst coaching job, worst job overall. Most callers mentioned cleaning up after a mascot, but one enterprising SU "fan" and alumni said "Syracuse Football Coach". When asked why, and for the most part Packer tried to paint a positive picture on our future, this "fan" stated lack of recruiting, coach turnover and lack of interest in football by the school. Find me an Alabama, Florida, Texas, OSU fan and chances are they know what's going on with their football program. This guy didn't sound like he had a clue. No mention of this last class, Washington, new practice facility, new Chancellor and AD that want football to be king. When Packer asked if the caller thought Syracuse could turn it around, I quote "Not in my lifetime". sigh...

I go a full year listing to the college sports channel and have only heard two discussions on SU football: this joker and the bashing of un-retiring (or whatever you want to call it) #44. So frustrating...
What makes you think this was really a syracuse fan? Probably Rutgers or Uconn fan.

Probably a guy quoting a guy quoting a guy that said SU football sucks. I would love for this moron to debate a knowledgable SU football follower.

I'm willing to wager a hefty sum of money that exactly zero potential recruits heard that segment. So, whatever.

Was it either of FHCDM or FOCGM?

That sucks. Misleading thread title though since Mark Packer and most of the shows on Sirius Ch. 91 are awesome. College sports 24/7!

at least someone cared enough to call a show about it.

I refuse to listen to anything said by a Packer. Go Lions.