Class of 2014 - Another FOGO Commit - Max Parker | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Another FOGO Commit - Max Parker

Daddio had an .880 winning percentage as a senior in high school. We'll see.
This is the point. Desko looks at the stats, but he has shown no ability to project an H.S.'s player's ability to the D1 level.

OrangeinBoston said:
This is the point. Desko looks at the stats, but he has shown no ability to project an H.S.'s player's ability to the D1 level.

The physical, football, wrestling types seem to do the best, guys with a low center of gravity.

Daddio made nice progress this year, but he was a disaster after winning the faceoff.

These highlights tell us all we need to know him.

Lots of technique on the draw. Not fleet of feet after the draw.

Hope he is quick enough at the college level.

With our offense, if we could get the ball 60% of the time, we're winning every game. We won our share this year at below 50%.

These highlights tell us all we need to know him.

Lots of technique on the draw. Not fleet of feet after the draw.

Hope he is quick enough at the college level.

He doesn't need to be overly athletic or fast to make a big impact to be honest. Raffa and Fowler aren't winning any foot races anytime soon, ditto for Massa. The one thing we will have next year is a large amount of faceoff guys with different techniques and areas of strength. Parker winning the job as a frosh wouldnt be the worst thing for sure but if he falters theres plenty of people waiting in the wings.

Edit - Watched some of the youtube highlights, hes probably going to need some technique adjustment, he seems to be way high while taking the draw. Hes going to need to get lower to grind out draws.

The physical, football, wrestling types seem to do the best, guys with a low center of gravity.

Daddio made nice progress this year, but he was a disaster after winning the faceoff.

With Paduda coming back after injury plus Demarco (over .900 in HS and looked serviceable for his limited time this year) not to mention incoming guys like Parker and Harris and I believe a kid from Whitesboro (he cold be 2015) there is going to be plenty of bodies available for the staff. At this point its hard to even say who has the advangtage. Paduda was pretty much starting by the end of 2013 and he even admitted he didnt know much about facing off and worked at all summer before sustaining that injury in January. My top 3 would be Paduda, Demarco and Parker with Harris as the dark horse. Really hope if the staff goes with one or two guys we redshirt everyone we can including Demarco.

We'll see if a 90% winning percentage in Florida translates to D1 faceoff success. I'd feel a lot better if that was his winning percentage in Section 3, Long Island, Maryland etc, heck even in traveling club ball. That said, bring him in and lets see if he's the guy. Like QB's it's a crapshoot.

We'll see if a 90% winning percentage in Florida translates to D1 faceoff success. I'd feel a lot better if that was his winning percentage in Section 3, Long Island, Maryland etc, heck even in traveling club ball. That said, bring him in and lets see if he's the guy. Like QB's it's a crapshoot.

Demarco was .900 last year on Long Island plus the JUCO kid who will be back for his last year of eiligibility and Vaughn Harris. With it being Florida there is definitely going to be some adjustment period for Parker, theres no way around it. Still hard to argue with a .780 win % and all the accolades.

With Paduda coming back after injury plus Demarco (over .900 in HS and looked serviceable for his limited time this year) not to mention incoming guys like Parker and Harris and I believe a kid from Whitesboro (he cold be 2015) there is going to be plenty of bodies available for the staff. At this point its hard to even say who has the advangtage. Paduda was pretty much starting by the end of 2013 and he even admitted he didnt know much about facing off and worked at all summer before sustaining that injury in January. My top 3 would be Paduda, Demarco and Parker with Harris as the dark horse. Really hope if the staff goes with one or two guys we redshirt everyone we can including Demarco.

Nate Farrell from Whitesboro is Class of 2014.

Nate Farrell from Whitesboro is Class of 2014.

Would be shocked if he doesn't take a redshirt, just to many experienced guys in front of him not to mention Parker and Harris.

Would be shocked if he doesn't take a redshirt, just to many experienced guys in front of him not to mention Parker and Harris.

If you check LaxPower ... Harris, Barber, and Hill are now listed as Class of 2015 recruits. They were listed as 2014 recruits a just few weeks ago.

Might be a screw-up. They've already been at OCC for two years.

If you check LaxPower ... Harris, Barber, and Hill are now listed as Class of 2015 recruits. They were listed as 2014 recruits a just few weeks ago.

Might be a screw-up. They've already been at OCC for two years.

Has to be a screw up, all three are out of JUCO eligiblity as you noted and I find it hard to believe all three would fail to qualify especially Barber whose brother played at Syracuse and knows what it takes academically. I expect all three to be there in the fall, really looking forward to seeing what Hill can do.

Demarco was .900 last year on Long Island plus the JUCO kid who will be back for his last year of eiligibility and Vaughn Harris. With it being Florida there is definitely going to be some adjustment period for Parker, theres no way around it. Still hard to argue with a .780 win % and all the accolades.

FWIW - Lake Highland is the (old) West Genny / Ward Melville (combined) of Florida. They pretty much win it every year. I'd love to send my kid there, but it is on the other side of town.

I watched one of their games. The competition level reminded me of a late 80s, Tully vs Jamesville Dewitt battle. It was definitely not of the caliber of a 2003 LaFayette vs West Genny (oh, if one could dream) type battle. The more middling programs, my goodness is it a droppoff. Kinda like a late 80s LaFayette vs ESM type 'battle'.

If you watch the YouTube clip, he definitely goes up against some kids that have signed onto bigger programs, UNC, Army, etc. He fares well, but, this is a highlight video.

He did seem kind of slow out of the break, after winning the faceoff. That, and the size of his biceps, kinda jumped out at me.

All that said, he seems to be a high character kid. I expect the best.

Looks really good and crazy strong. I agree a little high with his technique considering what they teach these days but his technique after the clamp is excellent.