Another fredericks thread | Syracusefan.com

Another fredericks thread

jgeorge322

Living Legend
just throwing it out there because maybe not mentioned but maybe fredericks struggles with the playbook and keeping up with the pace. Also, i thought he had good hands but strickland does seem to look good when hes split out wide so possibly more versatile.

just throwing it out there because maybe not mentioned but maybe fredericks struggles with the playbook and keeping up with the pace. Also, i thought he had good hands but strickland does seem to look good when hes split out wide so possibly more versatile.

Oh it has been mentioned... Maybe 100 times. It is interesting, though. Has coach ever been asked by media?

Uh, there is no playbook.

Still need to know what to do on every play and where to be and adjust based on the play call. Strickland seems to have a lot going on every play.

Oh it has been mentioned... Maybe 100 times. It is interesting, though. Has coach ever been asked by media?
It's not like the coach is going to throw the kid under the bus and say he can't handle the playbook...or at least I hope not.

Had no trouble learning in a short timeframe last year. I've been absolutely astounded at his lack of touches. He can play, and, will for another program.

Sometimes coaches don't like guys for a plethora of reasons, I'm disappointed here though.

Had no trouble learning in a short timeframe last year. I've been absolutely astounded at his lack of touches. He can play, and, will for another program.

Sometimes coaches don't like guys for a plethora of reasons, I'm disappointed here though.

Is he really thinking about transferring already? That would be too bad although cant blame him based on his lack of PT.

Is he really thinking about transferring already? That would be too bad although cant blame him based on his lack of PT.
I should've worded my post differently. I have no information on whether or not he's thinking about transferring. I was trying to say that he would absolutely play for other programs.

The assumption has to be that he is. People keep saying we're only 4 games in, which is not very long with regard to a new coaching staff, but it's a a third of the way through the season and he hasn't sniffed any real playing time. Wouldn't make sense for him to stick around, get Boeheimed for his junior year, and then only have one year to play somewhere else after sitting.

Yes. He said Jordan was doing all the things they were asking him to do.

It really is. Strickland is not as talented as Fredericks as a runner, but Strickland should be permanently in the slot IMO. He has a knack for getting open and can make plays in the open field.

Truly puzzling regarding Fredericks. Perhaps, he's in the doghouse for some reason?

I hope he sticks it out. Strickland gets knicked up some (and he likely will) and Fredericks will get the bulk of the carries as Neal simply isnt built for 15-20 touches against ACC front 7's.

The guys that back up Dalvin Cook, James Connor and Wayne Gallman are certainly not slouches. If SU wants to compete with the premier programs, there needs to be depth at every position.

Here's my issue: they wanted their own tough runner, but their guy didn't qualify. Fredericks, while not a true "thunder" type of back, is the toughest runner on the roster. Watching Lackawanna CC tape, I have a hard time believing he would have met Dino's heady standards for conditioning, especially as a true freshman. Further, Fredericks had the best true freshmen running stats since who, Joe Morris? (I believe)

Strickland was most effective catching the ball in space last year, this between the tackles thing is indeed a learning experience for him and I question the his effectiveness in this new role.

What's surprised me the most with this offense so far is the heavy limitation on substitutions. I get the strategy of not allowing the defense the opportunity to regroup, but as I brought up before, surely Fredericks is in good enough shape by now to last until the first fake injury by the defense could allow for a substitution.

I'm not sure what it is, but there has to be a reason for Fredericks not getting any playing time. I found Babers response.."Jordan is doing everything that is asked of him" to be really interesting.

As for the RB position as a whole. I would love to see Fredericks eventually get his opportunity and prove he can be the lead back in this offense for the next 2 + seasons. I like Strickland and Neal, but I think it's clear neither are a RB you want to see carrying the ball more than 10 times a game. I thought Strick was dynamic in the slot and should be moved their permanently to replace Estime and eventually Erv. Same for Neal. I really would love to see us go after a stud RB this class with the selling point that they can come in and have to fight 1 guy (who was a 3rd stringer and doesn't play) for the starting spot. With our RB tradition, new offense, and opportunity, you'd figure it would be a nice carrot to dangle.

Frederick's playing time really is the the number two storyline behind Amba Etta Tawo blowing up.

Very puzzling to see our run game struggle and Fredericks not see the field.

I guess, I will just have to fantasize all week that Babers "releases the Kraken" against ND and Fredericks goes for 200 yards and 4 TDs.

Clearly, I have issues.

Still need to know what to do on every play and where to be and adjust based on the play call. Strickland seems to have a lot going on every play.
Stop lying.

??????heard from a person who knows him but this was last year
wow. Look how you bad mouth and lie about a person. FREDERICKS is not planning on transferring. Wow a lot of lies and accusations are being thrown around on here. If you don't know then be quiet.

Stop lying.

Lying about what? The tailback in this offense operates almost like a MLB on the defense. Helps communicating play call changes and shifts around quite a bit. Much different than our offense last year.

Not saying that is the reason why JF isn't on the field but that's an accurate depiction of what a tailback does in this offense.

wow. Look how you bad mouth and lie about a person. FREDERICKS is not planning on transferring. Wow a lot of lies and accusations are being thrown around on here. If you don't know then be quiet.

I'd love for someone that is actually close to the situation to say something about that (maybe you are). I've already seen 3-4 posts making statements about him transferring after this season as if it is fact and it's getting tiring.

Frederick's playing time really is the the number two storyline behind Amba Etta Tawo blowing up.

Very puzzling to see our run game struggle and Fredericks not see the field.

I guess, I will just have to fantasize all week that Babers "releases the Kraken" against ND and Fredericks goes for 200 yards and 4 TDs.

Clearly, I have issues.

Yep, and I would put the disappearance of Ishmael as the #3 storyline.

Yep, and I would put the disappearance of Ishmael as the #3 storyline.

Well at least he's playing on every down.

Fredericks and Parris got sucked into a black hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom