Any chance for Tyler Cavanaugh to transfer? | Syracusefan.com

Any chance for Tyler Cavanaugh to transfer?

I don't see how with late registration having gone by and him starting classes at GW. Unless it's for second semester?

Its probably too late, and not sure he would want to come here after AW committed. Would have been really interesting had they fired him while White was still deciding.

Distinct possibility.
If that's true that is really messed up and might hurt them with future grad transfers.

If that's true that is really messed up and might hurt them with future grad transfers.

Tyler has been snake bit. He left after Jeff Bdzelik left(concensus was he was fired despite resigning) in 2014 after Cavenaugh's sophomore year. He couldn't transfer to SU or any other ACC team because of ACC by-laws requiring him to pay for the year he had to sit out. Then he goes to George Washington, does very well and this happens. It sure seems to be an ethically challenged method for the GW admin to wait till now to fire Lonergan hurting current players from transferring. Particularly punitive to redshirt seniors like Tyler.

Maybe they wanted to wait to fire Lonergan until after Cavanaugh was safely registered and attending classes?

You think?
Classes started so he can't transfer what a joke by the GW administration. The NCAA really cares about its student athletes.
I think we are all missing the big picture here. I think Tyler is more likely happy to stay at GW BECAUSE that coach was fired. After all, he was considering Syracuse while Lonergan was the coach.
All the info from our side was loyalty to the GW coach and program was part of the reason he didn't pull the trigger to come to SU.

I think we are all missing the big picture here. I think Tyler is more likely happy to stay at GW BECAUSE that coach was fired. After all, he was considering Syracuse while Lonergan was the coach.

It's not the decision I question either way - it's the timing. Remember they also have 5 incoming recruits this year too.

I found your post to be quite enlightening regarding Cavanaugh's specific situation; though a student being hurt by a university's policies is quite common throughout academia. Colleges and universities are first and foremost dedicated to protecting the institutions name and brand. To run afoul of these sacred cows is to often incur significant pain emanating from the institution. in some form of sanction or exclusion.
Often these reprisals do not require the deed to violate any laws or to induce harm on another; it's about institutional bias being the issue. College and university administrations trend toward protecting the institutions image, above all else.
biasab1c45fd-55bc-439d-970b-077cec40d64c_zpszvbviliz.jpg

I found your post to be quite enlightening regarding Cavanaugh's specific situation; though a student being hurt by a university's policies is quite common throughout academia. Colleges and universities are first and foremost dedicated to protecting the institutions name and brand. To run afoul of these sacred cows is to often incur significant pain emanating from the institution. in some form of sanction or exclusion.
Often these reprisals do not require the deed to violate any laws or to induce harm on another; it's about institutional bias being the issue. College and university administrations trend toward protecting the institutions image, above all else.
View attachment 76279

So what you are saying is sacred cow pies smell just as bad as the real thing.

SU could lose potentially 7 players at the end of the 2016-2017 season. And at the same time, it seems (traditionally) premature to decide what future needs the team will have even only 1 year into the future. I don't envy Hopkins going forward and how he will handle all this, unless he figures out some kind of head start on a good formula. Each new season wil be WAYYY different from the previous one (hopefully not).

Pretty sure if we had gotten TC we wouldn't have gotten AW3. I don't know enough about these two players to understand the difference. Would we generally trade AW3 for TC? I sort of doubt it, but I don't know.

Pretty sure if we had gotten TC we wouldn't have gotten AW3. I don't know enough about these two players to understand the difference. Would we generally trade AW3 for TC? I sort of doubt it, but I don't know.

I'd rather have AW3.

They weren't mutually exclusive.

And we're still down a scholarship player / roster spot.

I don't know where you get that. They don't play the same positions.

I don't know where you get that. They don't play the same positions.

I just figured TC would be a guy he'd have to compete for shots with.

dasher said:
TC would play the 4 or the 5. AW will play the 2 or the 3.

Would there even be minutes for TC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom