Any chance JB will take a look at Tulane transfer Josh Davis | Syracusefan.com

Any chance JB will take a look at Tulane transfer Josh Davis

Alsacs

Living Legend
http://packinsider.com/2013/04/can-the-wolfpack-still-land-tulanes-josh-davis/

Especially if C.J. Fair declares for the draft, this kid is graduating from Tulane and will have 1 year to play and he would immediately be available to play next year. He averaged 17 ppg and 10 rpg and started his career at NC State so he has played in the ACC. This is a kid I would hope JB and the staff would kick the tires on if C.J. bolts for the NBA.

I'm guessing we are set at the forward spots and if anyone was going to come in late it would be a guard.

I think even if CJ leaves, we are fine at the forward spot. We'll still have DC2 and Grant, not to mention Roberson coming in, and Silent G can play the 3 as well so there's another possible body up front. Considering I think CJ is staying, we already have enough of a logjam that I just can't see us taking on another forward at this point, as solid as the kid might be.

The question was, "if CJ leaves?" We would be desperately thin at the forwards. DC2 is no more a 4 than I am and we need G at the 2 to make the zone work. If CJ leaves we should check out the available goods. If CJ leaves, an experienced player that could fill a role for one year should deserve serious consideration.

I say bring him in even if CJ stays, assuming there's an open scholly. More depth is never a problem, even if it's only at practice. I doubt JB will do it though. He only brings in transfers that he thinks can start where we have anticipated holes.

Would be a nice fit if CJ did leave. He can board and has a decent offensive game. His addition would certainly help bridge the loss of CJ and give us some experience that we'd be dieing for. Sounds like he'll end up at Pitt, though, perhaps.