Any chance... | Syracusefan.com

Any chance...

Doubtful, and I hope not.

Any kid that is still available, unless he quickly reclassifies, isn't going to help much. Plus, that's 1 less scholarship for better players next year and going forward.

And then there's the whole NCAA scholarship reduction garbage. We will now be able to definitely begin the penalty this year. It's not worth adding a kid now and extending the penalty a year, and essentially losing 2 scholarships on top of the penalty.

This is going to be a rough year, with or without a 10th kid. Let's take our medicine now.

is it an ncaa violation if i offer to pay some kids tuition who i have no relationship with?
Serious question? Of course it is. Otherwise, boosters would be paying kids to go to schools and blow past the ship limits.

Of course you do. Some rich guy buys 5 players for Kentucky in hoop. They have 20 guys on ship because their fans buys these kids their tuition and room and board.

and i still dont see whats wrong with this. who exactly does this hurt?

Could we find a senior transfer to play one season? This would just give us a big body with no obligation to carry him in future years.

Could we find a senior transfer to play one season? This would just give us a big body with no obligation to carry him in future years.

That would be a great plan, but at this late juncture? School starts literally in weeks--it would be hard to believe that there would be anyone of quality out there at this point.

That would be a great plan, but at this late juncture? School starts literally in weeks--it would be hard to believe that there would be anyone of quality out there at this point.
Yea, I agree. Wishful thinking I guess. All we need is a body to pick up 5 fouls and block a shot or two. Man it is killer.

Yea, I agree. Wishful thinking I guess. All we need is a body to pick up 5 fouls and block a shot or two. Man it is killer.

Don't get me wrong--it would be a great option, even if we could just get a stop gap minutes eater who could clog up some space in the middle. I just doubt that there's anyone worth it at this point still out there. Doesn't mean that there ISN'T, though. I'd also be scouring the JUCO ranks for someone who fits the system who may have slipped through the cracks, and leaving no stone unturned internationally.

maybe someone to get on campus now to become eligible winter/spring semester...

Ajflood12 said:

I think the only option for additional depth is Custis. If DC and Chino are in foul trouble Roberson slides into the 5 leaving Lydon at the 4 with Custis the last man in. Hey, I still remember Donovan rejecting Jahidi White.

Roll with what we have. Prayer, fingers crossed, black magic, mumbo jumbo, vodoo ect . .. Whatever works to keep Coleman healthy. Chino will be good for 10-14 a game.

Roll with what we have. Prayer, fingers crossed, black magic, mumbo jumbo, vodoo ect . .. Whatever works to keep Coleman healthy. Chino will be good for 10-14 a game.

I'm willing to bet that the +/- when Chino is in is quite different than when Coleman is in.

I guess I'm not seeing what everybody else saw from Chino last year that shows he has skill of any kind to be playing 10-15 minutes at such a high level.

I'm willing to bet that the +/- when Chino is in is quite different than when Coleman is in.

I guess I'm not seeing what everybody else saw from Chino last year that shows he has skill of any kind to be playing 10-15 minutes at such a high level.

By good I meant not a huge negative. I hope he learns to move better lateraly, use his fouls wisely and dunk open ones. It's a huge jump in faith I know that. What else is there to do this year though.

Last edited:
Unless we can get a high level (read: top 75 talent) prospect to reclassify or something, I don't want a freshman. But in terms of a 5th year transfer, does it even matter if they're decent? I mean, what's the downside? Go get some 6-10 stiff who average 2 and 2 in the MAC. There's literally nothing to lose. Except that some senior walk-on doesn't get a scholly. I guess that's the other route. Reward JBs favorite walk-on and get some positive press like ND did with that Rudy-like-kid from a few days ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom