Any Current Oswego St Student Here? | Syracusefan.com

Any Current Oswego St Student Here?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Send me a PM...I have something to share about the Cuse in Oswego...

I love the Oswego Sub Shop.
image.jpeg

Rudy's re-opening sooner rather than later?

Rudy's re-opening sooner rather than later?

Was up there last summer. Rudy's (or someone with Rudy's consent) put in a little portable bar in the back, with higher end beer.

Was kind of nice. Son skipping rocks in the lake, me having a couple non-Budweisers.

Last edited:
Was up there last summer. Rudy's (or someone with Rudy's consent) put in a little portable bar in the back, with higher end beer.

Was kind of nice. Son skipping rocks, me having a couple non-Budweisers.
Went on last day it was open in middle of October... crazy how busy it was. That and it being sunny and 72° outside.

Went on last day it was open in middle of October... crazy how busy it was. That and it being sunny and 72° outside.

72 in Oswego always helps!

I was a former student. Class of 2014 if that helps?

No actually trying to get an initiative going involving SUNY Oswego students and SU Football.

I wish this was possible when I went to school there!

Send me a PM...I have something to share about the Cuse in Oswego...

TexanMark, don't forget our neighbors to the south at SUNY Cortland. Plus, Tyler's older brother plays on the hoops team. They don't call it Sportland because they love the going to the library. Grew up in Cortland going to Cortica and the Block parties before I took my talents to SUNY Brockport, '99.

Last edited:
TexanMark, don't forget our neighbors to the south at SUNY Cortland. Plus, Tyler's older brother plays on the hoops team. They don't call it Sportland because they love the going to the library. Grew up in Cortland going to Cortica and the Block parties before I took my talents to SUNY Brockport, '99.
The problem is Cortland St. has a FB team...Oswego St doesn't. I figure a much easier sell to the SUNY.

No actually trying to get an initiative going involving SUNY Oswego students and SU Football.

Great idea, Mark.

SU students (on average) tend to be people that didn't grow up rooting for SU, come to school there, and then move back to NYC/LI/NJ and remain a fan but go to a game or two per year at MSG, etc.

SUNY students (on average) tend to be people from Upstate NY who rooted for SU their whole life, and then remain in the area and buy season tickets as adults.

Not saying one is better than the other, but rather that both are extremely important to the SU fanbase.

The problem is Cortland St. has a FB team...Oswego St doesn't. I figure a much easier sell to the SUNY.

I was actually thinking you could consider the locals of Cortland, Cortland County and the SUNY kids. SU sports in that town is king. My group of friends from high school lives all over the country and we still try to get together at least once a year for a Syracuse hoops or football game.

I have a buddy who is in charge of the Downtown Partnership in Cortland. He basically does all of the promotional events for Cortland. Parades, festivals, sporting event related trips. I believe they have organized bus trips to some of the Bills games.

I was actually thinking you could consider the locals of Cortland, Cortland County and the SUNY kids. SU sports in that town is king. My group of friends from high school lives all over the country and we still try to get together at least once a year for a Syracuse hoops or football game.

I have a buddy who is in charge of the Downtown Partnership in Cortland. He basically does all of the promotional events for Cortland. Parades, festivals, sporting event related trips. I believe they have organized bus trips to some of the Bills games.

Sounds great...send me a note via PM about this Downtown Partnership

Sounds great...send me a note via PM about this Downtown Partnership

Hi Mark, I was quickly reprimanded for assuming and not knowing all the functions of my buddies job. :bat: The sporting events were bar related trips that he simply participated in and didn't actually organize. He told me to call Dome tix. I told him he was a knucklehead and to get back to pretending to work.

Oneida Hall I kicked ass on our Intramural hockey team.

Oneida Hall I kicked ass on our Intramural hockey team.
Now that you mention that, when I lived in Funnelle we won the All Campus Championship (ACC) in football, beating all of the other dorms, the independents and the fraternities. I found the t-shirt a couple years ago when my Mom passed away and I was cleaning out their house. The shirt is wrinkled but never worn to this day. I might have to frame it for the man cave. I almost feel like Al Bundy posting this but I earned that t-shirt. I remember riding back up the elevator after the game and we were all singing "We are the Champions, my friend".

getPart

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom