Class of 2015 - Any thoughts or knowledge about McDonald's Orange future? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Any thoughts or knowledge about McDonald's Orange future?

CaliCuse

All American
Putting George and Acosta out there for 2016 could be the step that gets this team going up at last. There are some Jersey kids that Bobby might have some influence with and Florida is the gold mine that continues to deliver.

Putting George and Acosta out there for 2016 could be the step that gets this team going up at last. There are some Jersey kids that Bobby might have some influence with and Florida is the gold mine that continues to deliver.
No.

No.
OK So you think he leaves. I tend to agree but we'll know soon enough now that the season is done and dead. It will no doubt end with another loss. Programs will go into review and looking for coaches so let the fun begin.

Don't know--but I've heard he has a farm.

I still think the situation can be resolved. Money is a big help in that respect. Associate HC and Recruiting Coordinator isn't something to sneeze at.
That's why I believe he stays, if he was just the offensive Coordinator, then he would have no job, but as Associate head Coach, and Recruting Coordinator he has 2 jobs, and one he is supposed to be good at.

Tough situation for McDonald. He stepped up to OC and it didn't go very well. Since he's a good recruiter he may get offers as a position coach, but maybe not as an OC.

Money goes a long way. I would like to see us retain McDonald. Giving him several titles, and More Pay, may be enough to retain him. If we lose him and his recruiting prowess in Florida, we will have to have a strategy to replace that lost element or balance that loss with a gain in another recruiting hotbed area like New Jersey.

I may be mistaken but even with multiple job titles and salaries it still won't compare to what an SEC program can pay him as WR coach right?

So why would he stay where he believes he got a raw deal?

Plus he rarely lasts in 1 spot for 3 years

I may be mistaken but even with multiple job titles and salaries it still won't compare to what an SEC program can pay him as WR coach right?

I think that can be said about a large majority of the assistant coaches in college football.

I hope he stays and one more solid year of recruiting by his staff and a very solid base has been built talent wise.

Another reason he stays is these guys are friends, and the whole idea of working together was hatched years ago. You don't turn around , and leave your friends in a bad place, just because of a misunderstanding. They planned to build a program together, and you don't run out on friends, until the job is done.

Another reason he stays is these guys are friends, and the whole idea of working together was hatched years ago. You don't turn around , and leave your friends in a bad place, just because of a misunderstanding. They planned to build a program together, and you don't run out on friends, until the job is done.

Yeah this is the same thing McDonald is saying to Shafer after the demotion