Any update on Eric Dungey's availability for Spring practice? | Syracusefan.com

Any update on Eric Dungey's availability for Spring practice?

Alsacs

Living Legend
I hope this kid has healed up.
Is there any update on our 2017 QB depth situation. If the kid can practice in the spring then I would guess our quarterback will be able to play in 2017.
If we have Dungey for 2017 then I can see us getting six wins.

As far as I know, he's fine.
48115492.jpg

With our 2017 road schedule 6 wins would be great next year.
I love Dino and will be patient with him.

Yep, people need to be really patient next year. Getting our road crossover as Richt's Miami, combined with LSU, isn't ideal. Lamar can't leave Louisville, and Francois nor Jimbo are leaving Tallahassee. Even Doeren sticking around next year makes that game difficult.

Little room for error, but have to ride it out.

Time to teach this kid how to run out or bounds and slide.

He can't keep running like he's cam newton
I rewatched the VT game last night. I love Dungey. Love him.
I do, however, want to see him strengthen his neck/shoulder muscles. His head whips around on seemingly standard tackles. Worried about whip-lash and turf-slamming hits.
Maybe he'd look like this bad-ass backup QB/WR/RB from the 80s Dolphins ... Jim Jensen. Behold the neck role.

Jim%20Crash%20Jensen.jpg

I've been away for a while, but I do not recall hearing about any results from a second opinion on his head injury.

I do, however, want to see him strengthen his neck/shoulder muscles. His head whips around on seemingly standard tackles. Worried about whip-lash and turf-slamming hits.
Maybe he'd look like this bad-ass backup QB/WR/RB from the 80s Dolphins ... Jim Jensen. Behold the neck role.

Jim%20Crash%20Jensen.jpg
My all time favorite neck roll QB is Steve Grogan.

Last edited:
Did anyone see this. This doesn't look good
9548A682-F3ED-4B1C-9052-4F36970E3F22_zpsa9wlxccq.png
I don't want to read too much into a social media post but, without full context, I'd take that as a really positive comment. If you follow him, you should probably refer to Strickland's latest IG post...even more positive regarding ED.

Jim%20Crash%20Jensen.jpg
No joke

He missed the last 3.5 games of the season and we have yet to hear an official statement if he will be back again next year.

Except that it's been reported many weeks ago by syracuse.com that his injury is not career ending, and that a second medical opinion applied only to whether he would return within the 2016 season.

So again, why would he not be available?

Except that it's been reported many weeks ago by syracuse.com that his injury is not career ending, and that a second medical opinion applied only to whether he would return within the 2016 season.

So again, why would he not be available?
Career ending and playing again are two different things. I think he will play next year but nothing official from him or the University so the question was asked.

Career ending and playing again are two different things. I think he will play next year but nothing official from him or the University so the question was asked.

I wouldn't make too much of there not being an official announcement. Keep in mind the tendencies of our coach. Seems to make announcements only when absolutely required. It's not the norm for there to be an announcement connected with players otherwise assumed to be returning, and I wouldn't expect one for Eric.