Any way to adjust the new pop up blocker rule | Syracusefan.com

Any way to adjust the new pop up blocker rule

Orangemen

All Conference
So the site won't let me on if I have ad blocking software. Ok I get that, no big deal. But then I disable it for syracusefan.com and the site still won't let me on.

I'd really prefer not to have to manually turn on and off my ad blocking software every time I visit this site. Disabling it for this site should achieve the goals you're looking for.

Is there any way to adjust this?

So the site won't let me on if I have ad blocking software. Ok I get that, no big deal. But then I disable it for syracusefan.com and the site still won't let me on.

I'd really prefer not to have to manually turn on and off my ad blocking software every time I visit this site. Disabling it for this site should achieve the goals you're looking for.

Is there any way to adjust this?

How'd you post this if it won't let you on?

Posted from my phone.

Now chrome on my phone gets the same message, even without any ad blocking software. I'm using safari on my phone now, it's the only way left for me to access the site.

Looks like the problem is my work network. On wifi at work the site gets blocked, over 4G no issues.

Must be some new setting in my companies filtering that's causing the problem.

Problem should be solved for registered users by noon tomorrow.

Yup, stuck too. Just happened tonight on firefox. I have another browser that doesn't have this issue, but I hope it works out soon. I don't even know what adblock is within the context of firefox nor what I should disable.

Never mind that. If you have avast's add on for firefox, disable it for now (Tools->Add-ons->Extensions). That worked for me. Probably a similar option for IE.

Problem should be solved. There should be a login in link when the block page pops up.

I think it's a good compromise - guests have to see the ads, registered users contribute via their posts. Some more than others.

2 minutes ago I couldn't get on using Chrome, but am able to get on using IE. Can't locate an ad block program on my computer. Is it a part of Chrome?

2 minutes ago I couldn't get on using Chrome, but am able to get on using IE. Can't locate an ad block program on my computer. Is it a part of Chrome?

You should see a link on the block page that says, "login." Click on it.

Why do you not conform to the acceptable ads criteria.
What are Acceptable Ads?
Adblock Plus exists to save its users from annoying ads. However, we don't think that all ads are bad, and we are fully aware that website owners need them to survive. Therefore, we have established strict criteria to identify Acceptable Ads: unobtrusive ones that don't need to be blocked. Websites that are willing to comply with these criteria can apply to have their ads added to the Acceptable Ads exception list, which will unblock them for most users. Note that if you don't want to see any ads, you will always be able to opt out of this.

Please see the Acceptable Ads FAQ to learn more.

Why do you not conform to the acceptable ads criteria.
What are Acceptable Ads?
Adblock Plus exists to save its users from annoying ads. However, we don't think that all ads are bad, and we are fully aware that website owners need them to survive. Therefore, we have established strict criteria to identify Acceptable Ads: unobtrusive ones that don't need to be blocked. Websites that are willing to comply with these criteria can apply to have their ads added to the Acceptable Ads exception list, which will unblock them for most users. Note that if you don't want to see any ads, you will always be able to opt out of this.

Please see the Acceptable Ads FAQ to learn more.

Also on Adblock plus site just after what you posted:

But I hate all ads!
No problem, you can disable this feature at any time.

Adsense is the leader in "acceptable ads." I have submitted to various adblock programs, and never received a reply. You can also customize which ads you receive by clicking on the little arrow at the top right of an ad.

Last edited:
I've tried clicking on the log in button, but it does nothing while I am logged in. I tried logging out and logging back in and while I have the ads blocked I keep getting the notification to log in, or disable the ad blocker.

I've disabled it for now, but it really slows the site down. If it's needed I guess I can live with it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom