Anybody else having "freeze up" problems? | Syracusefan.com

Anybody else having "freeze up" problems?

SWC75

Bored Historian
I’ll be typing a post and suddenly everything freezes up. I get the little circle going round and round in the upper left hand corner. Eventually I get a dialog box saying the page is unresponsive and do I want to kill it or wait. If I wait, nothing happens. If I kill it, my post disappears and I have to start over again. I couldn’t even highlight what I had written to copy it for the redo.

It’s been happening for about a week. Even this message I typed up on WORD first and cut and pasted it before the freeze happened.

While the Syracusefan.com page was unresponsive, I was able to get another window and go to other sites which worked fine, so the problem appears to be here, not with my computer.

I'll let an expert answer, but when a page becomes unresponsive, it's usually a browser/system issue. Scripts that are running and get hung up are usually the cause (media-heavy sites do this to me). No idea how many scripts this site has.

I'll let an expert answer, but when a page becomes unresponsive, it's usually a browser/system issue. Scripts that are running and get hung up are usually the cause (media-heavy sites do this to me). No idea how many scripts this site has.

I've been using Google Chrome for a few years now. Why would it suddenly be a problem this week?

I haven't noticed the problem today. Maybe it's been fixed?

Never had the problem.

I'm having same issue with 2 different computers for this site

I haven't noticed the problem today. Maybe it's been fixed?

Nothing has changed for a couple weeks. Not sure why you had the problem, but glad to hear it has resolved.

EDIT: There was an issue with the host a few days ago. It has been resolved.

I've had it happen a couple more times but I was on the page composing the reply for a while. I found I could "kill" it, reload and go back to the box. There what i had typed was there but grayed over. I found I could right click on the box and it would darken and I could type again.

I'm having it now too ... freeze up while composing replies. I have to kill it and return ... time-consuming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom